#NotGayIfItsInA3Way

With how thoroughly dissatisfied everyone is with this political season, if Bernie and Elizabeth Warren ran on an independent ticket which would highlight the Wells Fargo scandal as the epitome of the system being rigged (of which Warren is the head chef of the BBQ), would they gain a coalition of jaded citizens that will vote for integrity and the values that could disentangle the widespread corruption that's ACTUALLY rigging the system, and if so...

Could they win?

Discuss.
    Last edited by HandyTheRet; 2016-09-30 at 06:24 PM.

Yeah this thread isn't going to stay open.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

No because if it ends with a candidate not getting more than 50% of the electoral college it goes to a vote in congress. I seriously doubt that Trump or Clinton are not guaranteed 25% each. It's unlikely that congress would break party lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    that title though!

The title is referring to actually trying a social democracy for once. Everyone's afraid of the "commies" like people used to be afraid of "catching" homosexuality. Now we know better about the normality of having a decent percentage of the population be gay, just like once we try social democracy and what it actually means, the reaction will be "wow, that wasn't so bad now was it".

The hashtag is actually quite witty, hoping it catches on so people will ask this question right now.

Sort of what I stated in the almost dead: Gary Johnson/Lib Party thread. I am really hesitant on both Warren's and Bernie's foreign policy experience. I like Warren much more than Bernie. Bernie was too far out there. I know some will say that of Warren, but to me she was more grounded. I don't think both were "Presidential material" enough.

And also JT as the spokesman for my message. Cause everyone loves the Timbercake.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Third parties cannot win the Presidency under the current system.

You don't think that people actually vote for the president do you?

Inversely for fun and a twist: what if the ticket was Warren -Bernie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyTheRet View Post
    Could they win?
    No, the deadline to get on state ballots is passed. Hell, voting has even started for some states for absentee and early voting.

If they were to run and have any realistic shot they'd have had to start when everyone else did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maaan I thought this was going to be a much more interesting thread from the title. Booo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No. Third parties cannot win the Presidency under the current system.
    Correct, which is monolithically depressing
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

False advertisement......

Warren would never run third party, she is 100% a Clinton supporter. Bernie sold out and arguably should have ran as independent/third party to begin with...I could see how 3rd party candidates would have been more viable this election season, and more of a 4 or 5 way between Clinton, Trump, Johnson, Sanders/Stein or Stein and Sanders running independently. There was even talk among Republican politicians regarding 1 or 2 candidates contemplating an independent run.

We could have had our moment but alas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Correct, which is monolithically depressing
    Not necessarily, considering how awful Stein and Johnson are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Not necessarily, considering how awful Stein and Johnson are.
    I was more referring to every election and the flawed system as a whole, not just now. I honestly believe much of what is wrong in America is the focus on only the now
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

The question isn't would they logistically be able to run or what their alliances are right now. This is a three way vote. Trump/Clinton/WarrenSanders who would you pick. I believe if every American asks themselves that question honestly, you have a WarrenSanders win. In my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Even more so, they announce right now, so news picks it up immediately and begins polling. Within three days WarrenSanders have a spot for the second debate to talk we exclusively about corruption on main Street and wallstreet and how they are the only candidates with the conviction to shake things up. Trump is a good old boy and Hillary is a wall Street shill. #NotGayIfItsInA3Way