Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, what is with all the clowns?

I know the backstory, but for the life of me, I don't understand the copycat people.

Yesterday, one was standing in an abandoned gas station - 3 miles from me... cops encouraged him to move on

Yesterday one was running after the girls cross country team at my kids high school.... cops called, but he was gone before they came

Today, the put a high school in the next district over on lock-down from 10 AM on when a clown was seen walking in the parking lot....... not sure what, if anything, happened.

Deleted
    It started as viral marketing for the IT remake, then it spawned copycats.

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue, something about that shit happened around here the other day.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/arrest-m...-scare/4318166

It's all fun and games until someone gets shot.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

This is what we said earlier tonight, except we said "hurt".

Dunno, there have been a couple clown sightings in my town that people have reported to the police. I think its pretty funny, though I've heard reports of some clowns being armed with guns or knives.

Deleted
    Huh?
    Psycho stalker clowns on the streets?
    Is this for real?

I mean I know some of them were doing viral marketing for the IT remake, but for those that aren't, what do they gain?
    This is weird and creepy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure, but I'm waiting for one to get shot. Seriously.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Im wondering when it became illegal to put on a costume and stand on a sidewalk. Why are cops telling people to call when they see a clown? and why are police harassing clowns?? Unless they are committing a crime, let them the hell alone

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Im wondering when it became illegal to put on a costume and stand on a sidewalk. Why are cops telling people to call when they see a clown? and why are police harassing clowns?? Unless they are committing a crime, let them the hell alone
    Some of them are trying to lure kids into the woods. Others are carrying guns or knives.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    It started as viral marketing for the IT remake, then it spawned copycats.
    I dont believe that for a second. Most of the clown sightings arent in major cities where marketing a film would make sense. Secondly, the IT remake isnt scheduled to be done until 2018 at the earliest. The script hasnt even been finished, and why have a marketing campaign where 95% of the people who see it dont know what youre even marketing? If it was a marketing gimmick it would make more sense to be for the new Rob Zombie move "31" and even if it was people wouldnt know it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Some of them are trying to lure kids into the woods. Others are carrying guns or knives.
    Well that is fucked up... how would a clown costume help with that? Most kids these days hate/fear clowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Nothing illegal about carrying a gun or knife if they have a permit and most states dont even require one to open carry only if its concealed. If there is one luring a kid into the woods, then investigate that one and leave the others the hell alone

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing illegal about carrying a gun or knife if they have a permit and most states dont even require one to open carry only if its concealed. If there is one luring a kid into the woods, then investigate that one and leave the others the hell alone
    Yeah, this is clowns, not Muslims!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Per the sheriff in a county a bit north of here:

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we need to ban all clowns from flying into the US. Do we really know why they took the wrong turn at Albuquerque? Who is this man from Nantucket?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It's one thing to open or conceal carry if it's legal to do so, it's an entirely different thing to dress up like a clown and in general show unstable behavior while doing the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The beauty of of gun culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    why is the usa not extinct yet
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Per the sheriff in a county a bit north of here:

Yep, that doesn't surprise me at all. There haven't been any sightings in my state, but people in rural areas tend to be more trigger-happy when it comes to someone stalking their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    why is the usa not extinct yet
    Because we shoot things that come to kill us.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama