Deleted

ele. Master of the elements vs Volcanic inferno.

Which has a bigger impact on your dps?

Let's not put into account the earthshock damage buff on the way, as it's obviously 4 talents vs 7.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Let's not put into account the earthshock damage buff on the way, as it's obviously 4 talents vs 7.
    You just asked anyone reading this not to count the only reason to even go near Volcanic Inferno, bravo, well done.

Volcanic Inferno is pretty bad by itself. It is only doing 1-2% of my damage on boss fights.

I don't have Master of the Elements yet because the talents surrounding it are pretty bad. One is a healing spell that doesn't increase your DPS at all and increased CL damage doesn't help on most boss fights.

So going for Master of the Elements before Volcanic Inferno doesn't make sense even if that talent is slightly better because giving up on things like increased Earthsock damage is silly.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Volcanic Inferno is pretty bad by itself. It is only doing 1-2% of my damage on boss fights.

I don't have Master of the Elements yet because the talents surrounding it are pretty bad. One is a healing spell that doesn't increase your DPS at all and increased CL damage doesn't help on most boss fights.

So going for Master of the Elements before Volcanic Inferno doesn't make sense even if that talent is slightly better because giving up on things like increased Earthsock damage is silly.
    I go resto for mythic raids and elemental for mythic++ dungeons though, and I literally just chain lightning on trash so it does matter at least to me, I don't even want to earthquake anymore unless its more than 5 mobs as it's a DPS loss at this point.

so i just wanted to see the diff between master vs volcanic.

You just asked anyone reading this not to count the only reason to even go near Volcanic Inferno, bravo, well done.
    A socially well adjusted human being would probably say "volcanic inferno is really weak, and is inferior to master of elements" but I guess that's above your capabilities.

thanks for letting me know that the golden dragon is really bad though, gonna get master of elements first.
    Last edited by mmocb9ae687706; 2016-10-30 at 11:50 AM.

what buffs?

A socially well adjusted human being would probably say "volcanic inferno is really weak, and is inferior to master of elements" but I guess that's above your capabilities.

thanks for letting me know that the golden dragon is really bad though, gonna get master of elements first.
    You completely misread what he said. Yes, volcanic inferno is worse than MotE. But, earthen attunement and the ground trembles are so massively better than electric discharge, you telling us to ignore them is complete nonsense. You should head for VI first.

I don't even want to earthquake anymore unless its more than 5 mobs as it's a DPS loss at this point.
    Earthquake is one of the most powerful abilities in our kit and is a dps increase to use over earth shock at 2 targets.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2016-10-30 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    You completely misread what he said. Yes, volcanic inferno is worse than MotE. But, earthen attunement and the ground trembles are so massively better than electric discharge, you telling us to ignore them is complete nonsense. You should head for VI first.

Earthquake is one of the most powerful abilities in our kit and is a dps increase to use over earth shock at 2 targets.
    My earthquake = 109k
    My chain lightning = 70.5k

My mastery = 60% + 10% totem + 10% relic (using resto gear so yeah, tons of mast).

80% mastery = 60% damage averaged.

So my earthquake does 109k per target per 1.35 second GCD
    chain lightning does 112k damage per target per 1.68 second cast.

When lightning rod activates(which it often does) that makes the primary target take 200% of my damage(on 5 mobs).

So yeah, if we ignore knockdowns(which doesnt matter really on +8-9 multi chest runs) chain lightning is the only thing you should be casting on 5 mobs, maybe 4.

On pure ST Volcanic Inferno is worth about twice as much as MotE. There's no question you should go for it first.

My earthquake = 109k
    My chain lightning = 70.5k

My mastery = 60% + 10% totem + 10% relic (using resto gear so yeah, tons of mast).

80% mastery = 60% damage averaged.

So my earthquake does 109k per target per 1.35 second GCD
    chain lightning does 112k damage per target per 1.68 second cast.

When lightning rod activates(which it often does) that makes the primary target take 200% of my damage(on 5 mobs).

So yeah, if we ignore knockdowns(which doesnt matter really on +8-9 multi chest runs) chain lightning is the only thing you should be casting on 5 mobs, maybe 4.
    Look at all this bad math.

Chain Lightning has a mastery penalty, your only getting the full proc chance if you hit 5 targets.
    Totem Mastery is multiplicative, so it's only giving you 6% overload chance.
    Static Overload is completely separate from a normal mastery proc.
    Earthquake scales with haste but isn't reflected in the tooltip. It's doing quite a bit more damage than you think it's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    On pure ST Volcanic Inferno is worth about twice as much as MotE. There's no question you should go for it first.

Look at all this bad math.

Chain Lightning has a mastery penalty, your only getting the full proc chance if you hit 5 targets.
    Totem Mastery is multiplicative, so it's only giving you 6% overload chance.
    Static Overload is completely separate from a normal mastery proc.
    Earthquake scales with haste but isn't reflected in the tooltip. It's doing quite a bit more damage than you think it's doing.
    Assuming you grab the 15% earthquake damage in both scenarios, would you rather the other 4 points be spent on CL+MotE or Earth Shock + Volcanic Inferno?

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnek View Post
    Assuming you grab the 15% earthquake damage in both scenarios, would you rather the other 4 points be spent on CL+MotE or Earth Shock + Volcanic Inferno?
    Earth Shock + Volcanic Inferno