Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    You don't have to use it. I don't play with addons at all. I play the game the way Blizzard designed it. My raid team is always harassing me to install this addon and that addon but luckily nobody can force you to do that shit.
    Dont tell them, they wont notice. As for prepots just watch someone chucking it or starting a cast.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Not having addons like dbm require Blizzard to work much more on their boss UIs, or tune down and remove a lot of boss abilities.
    Why would Blizzard make their job harder when there are people doing it for free in form of addons?
    Although some addons like dbm are going a bit too far, for example they now even have arrows to show where certain abilities that bounce between two players land. Or tell you exactly when you should break the chains on Archimond.
    Disabling some of their features is fine but removing them all together would be pretty stupid unless they want make bosses' mechanisms easier.
    Blizz are supposedly breaking some of the features of DBM like visual cues and the range radar in patch 7.1..

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Not everyone is going to see a spell effect as well as another player? That literally means that player is a worse player than those who can. And it means that player has something they could practice and improve on. An addon making up for that lack of skill would essentially be playing that part of the game for them. I don't see how I'm being ignorant with that claim.

Blizzard has tried and succeeded in giving players more clarity on many mechanics to the point where DBM is becoming more and more irrelevant. At this point they could simply break the addon and focus more on creating mechanics and encounters without DBM in mind.
    Rubbish.
    You just believe because you can do something, because you can see something that everyone else should be able to equally.
    Addons providing an alternative alert will never be irrelevant, because as much as you don't want to believe it people who aren't you don't respond the same way to a given cue, be it visual or audible.

There is nothing wrong with a player responding to a different form of the same information.

Do you use any addons which provide any information in a different format, be it positioning, sizing, filtering, etc.
    Curious as to which ones you use.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Blizz are supposedly breaking some of the features of DBM like visual cues and the range radar in patch 7.1..
    One specific feature.
    In fact blizzard addressed the issue of alerts, and were fine with those.
    It was just the addon-dictated positioning of players that they weren't happy about.
    Actually a very similar case to AVR Encounters which was doing something very similar on the game world instead of a 2d top-down layout.

"This is where the addon shows you can stand".
    That is what blizzard are trying to break, and only in encounters.
    They have nothing against that functionality in open world, such as is utilised by treasure locating addons, amongst others.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-01 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The half-truth is, yes.

The other half-truth is, if we remove those addons, we will go back to 2 phase fights with 3-5 abilities per boss, only 1 relevant enough to care that it kills you.
    That's a myth people like to copy/paste without giving it a second thought, the increased complexity of encounters has nothing to do with addons, the game is simply evolving, the same can be said for characters.

Blizzard did a lot in the past expansions to help players understand the boss abilities, also dispelling the other myth that they make their encounters around addons. Dungeon journal aside which explains everything but you now have things like telegraphed abilities or energy bars that functions as a timer for key abilities.

Think about the Twin Ogron in Highmaul, every single ability they used had a built-in notification. Sure if you were a complete moron you had to use DBM but they have an energy bars and each ability was used at 33/66/100 energy (essentially giving you a timer) and a short cast time to give you extra time to react. All abilities were also accompanied by an audio notification, each boss yelled something before casting each ability and ground effects were telegraphed.

Sorry but to me it seems they have all the tools they need to design complex encounters without the need for addons, they do design encounters for people without addons and as we seen now with legion if a particular addon steps on their toes they simply remove that functionality.

edit: regarding the removal of addons i'd be against it. Even though i don't use DBM and dislike using addons in general i think it's a good indicator of what the game is lacking. For example if the overwhelming majority feel the AH is a complete mess and unusable without an addon maybe blizzard should do something about it.
    Last edited by mmoc126994aa46; 2016-10-02 at 09:54 AM.