Holy Paladin just doesn't seem good against good players. Not enough instant cast...

At first I thought holy paladins would be the top dog in pvp for Legion but after playing it heavily I am going back to my disc priest. They are just way too reliant on hard cast heals. Extremely powerful against 1500-1600 shitters but just terrible against smart melee heavy teams. With all the kick bots out there you just can't expect to win when you need to heal someone with a hard cast, even with the crit proc. Our holy shock has a 7.94 second CD with our stat template in instanced PVP. Yes, we can also use light of dawn as a ghetto insta heal but even that's kind of shitty.

I'd love to see a paladin survive a rogue/DH burst. I'm not talking garbage, i'm talking current 1900+ rated. They will NOT in any way shape or form let you hard cast, fake casting simply does not work against kick bots or skilled players either.

I guess there is a reason that MW monks just dominate the 3's bracket. It's all I ever see...really getting old seeing nothing but FOTM play in arena.

I guess reality struck when I noticed if my team can't land a quick kill in the first 30 seconds, our chances of winning are drastically reduced. Our heals are strong enough to overcome a few holy lockouts in 2's but 3's are where it matters and we are just simply lacking heavily.

I haven't had any issues. I find holy paladin a lot more viable than disc and holy priest. The immunities, the damage and healing output, etc. I find it to be really beneficial.

There's also loads of R1 and high end pvp holy Paladins. Borngood streams and he's way past the 1900s bracket. He's probably R1 by now already and he plays holy Paladin and does perfectly fine. I'd go check his stream out, he's really good. Doesn't seem to have the issues you're having.

It seems most healers are really viable. Either way I'd watch Borngood, maybe you're doing something wrong? Idk but again, he does fine and he's way past the 1900s bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I haven't had any issues. I find holy paladin a lot more viable than disc and holy priest. The immunities, the damage and healing output, etc. I find it to be really beneficial.

There's also loads of R1 and high end pvp holy Paladins. Borngood streams and he's way past the 1900s bracket. He's probably R1 by now already and he plays holy Paladin and does perfectly fine. I'd go check his stream out, he's really good. Doesn't seem to have the issues you're having.

It seems most healers are really viable. Either way I'd watch Borngood, maybe you're doing something wrong? Idk but again, he does fine and he's way past the 1900s bracket.
    I've been watching alot of high end pally arena streams, it looks like the best defense is having a strong offense. It feels like when I watch other streams and when I play, it comes down to your DPS being heavily aggressive and using their offense as your defense. When the pally gets focused, you ONLY can rely on peels and insta casts to survive. I just feel when holy wins, it's more of the DPS than what the pally brings to the table.

FYI, I am at 1900MMR right now...1855 rating 3's. Seems I hit a brick wall against ARMs, Rogue or DH teams locking me out. If they stick my DPS I feel I can win, when they train me the instant casts are not enough to keep alive. My DPS tend to not peel so well...its more of an issue this expansion. In WoD, we made it up to 2692 in 3's and I was able to overcome the peels thing. Just feels we are a bit gimped...
    Last edited by Rolex Snob; 2016-10-01 at 05:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    it comes down to your DPS being heavily aggressive and using their offense as your defense. When the pally gets focused, you ONLY can rely on peels and insta casts to survive. I just feel when holy wins, it's more of the DPS than what the pally brings to the table.
    but thats how arena is played. healers - as a def role per se - received major buff (9/23 +15%int template what is an indirect 15% damage nerf 4 dps-classes).

if ur DPS cant peel quality, sry, but than ur team doesnt deserve quality rating. itz not ur fault, with the exception of ur bad choice of teammates.

WoD was insta-cast-terror, HoPa (and fukn MW) were close to invincibility, matches above 2,2+ were like a date with eternity... itz great to be allowed to solo them (no support class should outheal a dps) :D
    i agree that MW is still op due to mobility, thats y DH, rogue, arms dominate the ladders.