Thread: [TV] Westworld

Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I'm up to S2 ep4 although I fell asleep somewhere in the middle of the latest episode. I still don't really get this series or what's apparently so great about it. Not quite sure why I'm trying to power through it tbh, guess I'm waiting for some magical explanation to finally appear?

To me it just seems like every single storyline just drags on and on and on, getting more convoluted in every episode and nothing is ever resolved. I still have no idea what the fuck the main story is or what it's even really about, and there's some pretty glaring plotholes all over the place. Robot uprising? No? Yes? Maybe? Also how are the Hosts' weapons suddenly able to kill guests?

I do like a good mystery but there are limits to my patience.
    You're not paying enough attention. For instance, your question about the Host's guns suddenly being able to kill guests? That was clearly answered. The guns use a technology that identifies the target being shot at and changes what's fired. Against a host, it fires a bullet, against a guest, it fires something more like a beanbag round; it hurts but doesn't injure. Except Ford screwed with all this when he set up his new game; he recoded all the weaponry so they're lethal to all targets. They stated this flat out early on in S2.

They also regularly resolve questions and plotlines. They're just constantly introducing new ones alongside them.

The main thrusts of the story are about the nature of humanity, of consciousness as a thinking being and where that line is and why, and increasingly, on whether humanity deserves to be wiped out. The shocking bloodbaths created by the Hosts during the rebellion just echo the same bloodbaths wreaked upon the Hosts by park patrons on a weekly basis. The difference is, the Hosts are A> programmed to act this way, and B> the patrons did it for fun. In S1, the thrust was more about "can an AI become an independent consciousness", and the answer was "yes", in Dolores. In S2, they seem to be exploring the inhumanity of man more than the nature of consciousness, though they just introduced some stuff about the possibility of uploading human minds to hosts, and the issues with doing so which may bring us back to that by the end of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm up to S2 ep4 although I fell asleep somewhere in the middle of the latest episode. I still don't really get this series or what's apparently so great about it. Not quite sure why I'm trying to power through it tbh, guess I'm waiting for some magical explanation to finally appear?

To me it just seems like every single storyline just drags on and on and on, getting more convoluted in every episode and nothing is ever resolved. I still have no idea what the fuck the main story is or what it's even really about, and there's some pretty glaring plotholes all over the place. Robot uprising? No? Yes? Maybe? Also how are the Hosts' weapons suddenly able to kill guests?

The main plot is Ford's 'game' and philosphical question (related to Fords game) of what it means to be real/alive/etc.

Black Hat Gang.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Started up my HBO to watch the series, and I’m really liking it so far, but I’m disappointed with the lack of Maeve scenes. She’s by far - in my opinion - the best character in the show.
    Her story in season one is the best. Season two they are juggling too many characters to make the watch satisfying beyond a binged weekend. So little screen time for the cast. GoT all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The previews give me hope she will figure prominently in the next episode.

Deleted
    Started up my HBO to watch the series, and I’m really liking it so far, but I’m disappointed with the lack of Maeve scenes. She’s by far - in my opinion - the best character in the show.
    I'm gnna assume you haven't finished season 1 yet, because while she's good, she's hardly the best.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The main plot is Ford's 'game' and philosphical question (related to Fords game) of what it means to be real/alive/etc.

Black Hat Gang.
    It was originally arnolds game for the hosts to discover the maze, ie self conscience and their own thoughts.

Now its fords game since the end of season 1 where he spent all season 1 building it and "Journey into night" begins at the end of season 1 and now into s2

- - - Updated - - -

Watched season 1 when it first came out. Still think she’s the best.
    Yeah Maeve is a perfect example of a "strong woman" without going over the top political on it, great character.

Also her in that black dress, not bad. Same with dolores wearing a black dress in the real world, wonder if theres parallels there, or more likely they just use clothing to help people identify the different timelines

Like I also noticed the younger man in black is in trendy business clothes now hes in the timeline of investing in the park / gotten over dolores
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-05-18 at 10:06 PM.

are you even paying attention?

What plotholes are there lol? The gun thing has been explained, and even then most people were able to intuitively figure out the explanation anyway in season 1 (I was, and my theory was confirmed in s2e2).

Deleted
    Watched season 1 when it first came out. Still think she’s the best.
    Then you think Ford is the best character, because he wrote her and all her actions ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do me next, tell me my opinion for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Then you think Ford is the best character, because he wrote her and all her actions ofc.
    No he didnt, he wrote some of it. But the actual writer of the narratives is the sleazy guy whos with Maeve now in S2

Arnold was closer to the hosts and their backstorys than ford was as well.

Ford was the big picture guy
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-05-19 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    The last episode was epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to hear from a single person, who liked the TV series, after having seen the original movie first..

I gave the series 5/10 and the movie 8/10 on IMDB..
    The series was simply an expensive, bad knockoff.. I have a hard time imagining season two will be better than season one.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I have yet to hear from a single person, who liked the TV series, after having seen the original movie first..

The series was simply an expensive, bad knockoff.. I have a hard time imagining season two will be better than season one.
    Lol good one. I nearly believe you.

Westworld is the best show on TV at the moment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol good one. I nearly believe you.

Westworld is the best show on TV at the moment
    No.. Westworld, as a TV show, is crap, WHEN YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Yeah no. The music alone blows it out of the water.

The performances of the actors and actresses is top tier and makes the movie look like adam west in the old batman tv show.

Evan Rachels Wood performance is incredible.

And the updated technology and money thrown at it actually works great for the subject material because it gives it a quality and polish that is realistic for the kind of thing its going for.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like something to discuss in the wildly popular Westworld movie thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah no. The music alone blows it out of the water.

The performances of the actors and actresses is top tier and makes the movie look like adam west in the old batman tv show.

Evan Rachels Wood performance is incredible.

And the updated technology and money thrown at it actually works great for the subject material because it gives it a quality and polish that is realistic for the kind of thing its going for.
    Yul Brunner beats everything you mentioned..

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Does anyone know what is the liquid Bernard injects himself in order to be OK again? Is the liquid that is nearby that thingie all the Hosts have in their head?.
    It's the fluid in their head yes. I believe it's called Cordial (or something similar) Fluid. It surrounds the red orb that is the 'brain' for them. Think of it as our gray matter in the brain and blood combined.

Deleted
    yeah, no the series blows the movie out of the water (both of them) and shows how much more could have been done

Deleted

The movie is boring and has a nothing more than a basic "robot goes rogue and starts killing people" plot.