Thread: Nomi fixed?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I have yet to see ANY rank 3 food (besides mackerel.) When 7.1 hit I got all the remaining rank 1s and most of the rank 2s in a matter of days, but now it's been over a month since I've gotten anything new. At this rate I'll hit 800 skill from the cooking daily before I get a rank 3 recipe.
    are the cooking dailies in old Dal, and capitals giving skill points over 700? hmmmm... This I did not know.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Not sure about old dalaran, but the the city cooking and fishing dailies still give skill up to 800. The garrison fishing daily still gives skill to 800 too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I finally got a rank 3 recipe, Pickled Stormray. Which would be great, if it weren't already grey at my current skill level

This is one of my biggest issues with Legion crafting. I don't mind the RNG involved in getting the higher ranks. I wish they were more common, but I can deal. It annoys the fuck out of me that you need rank 3 of the highest tier recipes just to skill up to 800 though, and that RNG could theoretically screw you over forever. That's just bad design. (see also, alchemy)

Edit: Having done the Darkmoon quest I am now 786 cooking, and EVERY SINGLE RECIPE I KNOW is now grey. Until Nomi gives me a rank 3 375 food there is literally no way for me to skill up outside of the Cata dailies.
    Last edited by Brightamethyst; 2016-12-05 at 03:18 AM.

Deleted
    I really wish, someone would fix Nomi. At least then the next generation would not have to suffer from his cooking...

I like potato.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    2xrank 2 recipes since 7.1, not a single work order missed. I don't lament over the mats wasted, given that i am a completionist and want all my rank 3's, but it's silly. I wouldn't quit over NOT having more cooking to do, and so most players wouldn't i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Well I finally got a rank 3 recipe, Pickled Stormray. Which would be great, if it weren't already grey at my current skill level

This is one of my biggest issues with Legion crafting. I don't mind the RNG involved in getting the higher ranks. I wish they were more common, but I can deal. It annoys the fuck out of me that you need rank 3 of the highest tier recipes just to skill up to 800 though, and that RNG could theoretically screw you over forever. That's just bad design. (see also, alchemy)

Edit: Having done the Darkmoon quest I am now 786 cooking, and EVERY SINGLE RECIPE I KNOW is now grey. Until Nomi gives me a rank 3 375 food there is literally no way for me to skill up outside of the Cata dailies.
    5 points per month at the DMF. That's how I figure I'll hit 800. The rank 3 recipes won't drop and I've stopped bothering to try.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got 800 cooking via rank 3 Azshari Salad few days ago but that recipe also requires the dropped recipe parts for Surf and Turf. And quite a bit of Herbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nomi has been a major let down for me. He needs to change asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Managed to obtain rank 3 delicacies for every food except Fishbrul, rank 3 large meals for all foods. One of the things I started doing was letting work orders pile up and picking them up once every 3 days. A lot less frustrating than going back and checking each completed work order. Also be sure to check and see if your rank 1 is actually a world drop or sold by a merchant. Lot of folks miss that rank 1 Koi-scented Stormray is sold in Suramar. Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got 3 recipes from him. 2 of which I had already learned.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by girltoy26 View Post
    Managed to obtain rank 3 delicacies for every food except Fishbrul, rank 3 large meals for all foods. One of the things I started doing was letting work orders pile up and picking them up once every 3 days. A lot less frustrating than going back and checking each completed work order. Also be sure to check and see if your rank 1 is actually a world drop or sold by a merchant. Lot of folks miss that rank 1 Koi-scented Stormray is sold in Suramar. Cheers.
    You must be the luckiest RNGer in WoW. I dutifully bought/farmed all my rank 1 recipes within the first week of the expansion's open, and then spent the next 3 months feeding Nomi workorders. I got rank 2 of everything, but only have three rank 3 recipes, and finally gave up. I will just wait until they address it because it really is too low a chance. I went a little over 5 weeks without a single recipe before I gave up.

Deleted
    He's been weird for me as well. I have rank 2 of the bacon recipe, and have been giving him bacon hoping to get rank 3. He's given me the recipe for rank 1 3x in a row now.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FourChan View Post
    He's been weird for me as well. I have rank 2 of the bacon recipe, and have been giving him bacon hoping to get rank 3. He's given me the recipe for rank 1 3x in a row now.
    This was supposed to be fixed in 7.1. Guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FourChan View Post
    That's pretty weird. That was known issue but they fixed it in 7.1. I'd submit a ticket if it's still happening to you.