Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Yeah all 2k of it. Totally worth the 5 hours to get a hundredth of 1% dodge as a dps.
    So you are running an instance for upgrades for your character but are not interested in upgrades for your character. Funny isn't it? Artifact power is the same as loot dropping. You don't see a benefit right away and at higher amounts you won't see it for a while. But each little bit will upgrade your character sooner. A guaranteed goal that isn't RNG in the slightest. So you don't like guaranteed power upgrades. You don't like RNG power upgrades.

Sounds like WoW isn't the game for you in the slightest.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mireigi View Post
    The issue that many are refusing to acknowledge is not that legendaries are based on RNG, but that so many consider them mandatory in order to be competitive. Some players even feel that they are entitled to these legendaries by virtue of paying for the game just the same as everyone else.
    You missed the point of this thread. It's not about legendaries per se. It's about the overwhelming "limiting RNG" invasion into EVERYthing.

WoW's RNG used to be primarily dungeon and raid drops. Professions only had real RNG from the perspective of say, alchemy masteries - and the RNG meant you would proc EXTRAS! So it wasn't a limiting factor, it was a "bonus RNG". You will always get baseline amount, but sometimes - happy surprise! you get more.

Now, LIMITING RNG is present in things like:

- All gathering skills - you are gimped until you RNG your way into better gathering skills. (If you don't think this is contributing to the outrageous prices you are paying for pots and food on the AH, think again.)
    - Other professions too - RNG your way into recipes. I *still* don't have the rank 1 bacon recipe even after feeding Nomi every scrap of bacon from every world quest for a month. (Also, my understanding is that he won't even give rank 2 and/or 3 of bacon due to a bug Blizzard has acknowledged.)
    - The only non-PvP mount that shipped with Legion - the fox mount - is gated behind an RNG quest item drop.
    - Many specs' hidden artifact is tied to RNG drops or events.

Honestly I can't think of a single feature of the game right now that isn't heavily tainted by RNG, except perhaps the honor Prestige grind. It's the only major system this expansion where you are guaranteed a result/reward for the time you spend (which ofc can vary depending on your win/loss rate but you WILL finish and get the reward eventually).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    As of now i am nearly level 22 on my artifact, after that i will need 3 more points to get all the interesting boosts i need from the artifact; after that there are 9 levels i am not interested on at all, i do not know if this is the case for all classes, but if it is, we are close to AP being like worthless, until they add more traits to them.
    The demonology warlock artifact has 54 traits to purchase (counting all the ranks of the individual traits) for a total of slight over 65 million artifact power. No one is close to having artifact power be worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    The only non-PvP mount that shipped with Legion - the fox mount - is gated behind an RNG quest item drop.
    There are more non pvp mounts then that. What about Kosumoths? What about the lost hippogryph? http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion-mounts shows more then just one. Many spec's artifact appearences that are not hidden are not tied to RNG. So why can't some be tied to RNG? That is part of the problem with your post. You are cherry picking only the things that are tied to RNG and complaining about them as if they are the only things that exist. They are not. Only some things are tied to RNG and that is fine.

You are not meant to have an easy time of getting everything. Why would you expect, and demand, WoW to start doing that now?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Honestly I can't think of a single feature of the game right now that isn't heavily tainted by RNG, except perhaps the honor Prestige grind. It's the only major system this expansion where you are guaranteed a result/reward for the time you spend (which ofc can vary depending on your win/loss rate but you WILL finish and get the reward eventually).
    Yes you are right, but it is the exception because it is hard/odd enough as it is.
    For getting a mount and other cosmetic rewards you have to give up all your pvp talents and start getting them from zero for each prestige level.
    I did get prestige 1 and accepted the reset, but not again, i have removed myself from arenas by doing this, and i have to recover level 28 honor again for being able to play them again.

Problem with the community is : hey I put some effort into this (read: I did a WQ), I demand a end-game reward!

Or : I need a guaranteed reward before I start moving my ass!

Spoiled kids...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The demonology warlock artifact has 54 traits to purchase (counting all the ranks of the individual traits) for a total of slight over 65 million artifact power. No one is close to having artifact power be worthless.
    That is why i said "if", and sorry but i am close to that, granted that each point is gonna cost me a week of playing, but yeah in 3 weeks AP is gonna be worthless, unless they introduce new traits in it, in mine i mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard loves their RNG, it will always be to the MAX so they keep you playing even with no reward, just the thought after 100 years you may get something meanwhile someone who just started their account have absolutely no idea and clicking all their spells get absolutely everything without having a bloody clue what the game is even called.
    Just gotta ignore this and find something else besides everything that has the RNG, I know there is like 0.001% of stuff which are not affected by this horrid and unrealistic RNG but once you find that you can enjoy the game for what it should be but of course not for what it currently is or has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyll View Post
    If you want to experience a game with a shitfest of RNG that absolutely screws you over and has no bad luck protection, go play FFXIV and then compare it to WoW and you will see how good WoW has it.
    I don't think I've ever read something as false as this. FFXIV uses a system that is very similar to the old Honor/Justice badges, and a token system for the main raid. There is NOWHERE FUCKING NEAR the amount of RNG in FFXIV compared to current WowD3.

If you hate FFXIV, that's your opinion, but don't freaking spew false bullshit like that. Makes your opinion invalid.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I went from being the top DPS in my guild (or at least consistently top 3 DPS, 95th-99th percentile warcraft logs ranking) when only a couple people had legendaries, to mid-bottom (and about 80th-85th percentile) in a period of 2 weeks as people started to get their optimal legendaries and I was stuck without mine. I also had just terrible luck in Mythic+ and could not get any meaningful upgrades for the life of me. I ended up getting benched from the mythic roster as a result.
    In spite of not being into raiding at the moment, i am really sorry to hear that, it is really unfair, but i got to tell you it has always been unfair.
    How many people got benched in WOD because his class was bottom of the barrel, his tier worse than the other classes tiers, or simply because the legendary ring being not as usefull as it was for other classes?

Actually the only one I have a huge problem with is the profession ranks.....professions have been about progression and getting to the rank needed for a new recipe. Now all of a sudden you have a person getting rank 3 starlight in less than a hundred herbs while you're sitting there farming thousands waiting for a drop. You can definitely file that in the "wtf was blizzard thinking?" pile with the many other incidents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I don't think I've ever read something as false as this. FFXIV uses a system that is very similar to the old Honor/Justice badges, and a token system for the main raid. There is NOWHERE FUCKING NEAR the amount of RNG in FFXIV compared to current WowD3.

If you hate FFXIV, that's your opinion, but don't freaking spew false bullshit like that. Makes your opinion invalid.
    Your faction lost me when campaign 50+ required raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Actually the only one I have a huge problem with is the profession ranks.....professions have been about progression and getting to the rank needed for a new recipe. Now all of a sudden you have a person getting rank 3 starlight in less than a hundred herbs while you're sitting there farming thousands waiting for a drop. You can definitely file that in the "wtf was blizzard thinking?" pile with the many other incidents.
    I have rank 3 starlight, and that is where good news end, i even have one plant in rank 1, after farming religiously every day and reaching 800 herbalism, but nope 2 plants still rank 2 and one in rank 1.
    Lol i even have a bet with a friend that i will get a legendary before having all the plants in rank 3 XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There are more non pvp mounts then that. What about Kosumoths? What about the lost hippogryph? http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion-mounts shows more then just one. Many spec's artifact appearences that are not hidden are not tied to RNG. So why can't some be tied to RNG? That is part of the problem with your post. You are cherry picking only the things that are tied to RNG and complaining about them as if they are the only things that exist. They are not. Only some things are tied to RNG and that is fine.

You are not meant to have an easy time of getting everything. Why would you expect, and demand, WoW to start doing that now?
    Kos and the hippo are also RNG. So far for me it's the pet 3 times in a row on Kos. And that hippogryph... rofl. Here's how that works:

1. Run laps around the zone to all the known spawn points on the crystals, along with a dozen other people in your phase alone.
    2. Pray to RNG that the crystals spawn while you are online and have time to deal with it.
    3. If they DO spawn, pray that you can get to 5 of them before any of the other people do.

RNG to spawn them, RNG to find enough of them quickly enough. That hippogryph is the time-lost protodrake of Legion.

As for hidden artifact appearances - I live with an outlaw rogue who has been 5 man farming his bindings out of NL, and he played with a rogue last night who doesn't have them after 280 kills.

I'm a druid, and both the feral and balance specs require RNG drops. No idea about resto/bear, not playing them this time.

But there literally is no piece of the game I am involved with right now, other than Prestige, which is not heavily influenced by RNG.

The amount and randomness of the legendary drops is bad design. Sadly I have seen a few people lose raid spots over their counterpart in the raid getting a legendary and that being the deciding factor of who stays or goes. Things titanforging 30 levels higher then the base item is another piss poor design addition.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Rng is horrible lazy game design. I'll give you an example. I make the flasks for my guild and have made over 500 of them and not one level 3 yet. A fellow guildie made 1 agiiity flask and learned level 3. How is that fair? Also I cannot level up my alchemy any further until I learn a level 3 too. So hard work gets me nothing it is all rng.
    Be fine if they set learning level 3 at make a certain amount but pure rng is wrong.
    Rng will be why I quit this game.

RNG is a facet is every single day of your life. You bought 200 Powerball tickets but the guy making a mid 6 figure salary just bought 1 ticket and won the jackpot. How is that fair? It isn't. Grow up.

You do all the right things like working out, eating right, etc but you come down with brain cancer @ the tender age of 25. Is that fair? Nope.

Does it suck? Yup.

If the concept of random offends you or bothers you then might I suggest not playing any game ever at all? Seriously, there isn't a game on the planet that doesn't have an element of randomness - whether it comes from a live opponent or some computer code/AI/whatever. You're better off with another hobby like collecting rocks or something. Of course there's always the other option of whining about it on an internet message board and then telling everyone that you're going to take your ball and go home.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    As of now i am nearly level 22 on my artifact, after that i will need 3 more points to get all the interesting boosts i need from the artifact; after that there are 9 levels i am not interested on at all, i do not know if this is the case for all classes, but if it is, we are close to AP being like worthless, until they add more traits to them.
    They aren't worthless. Once you fully unlock every normal trait on your artifact, which includes the gold dragons, you will unlock a mastery trait that is a flat percentage increase to your damage/healing/survivability depending on spec.

For example the artifact for Fire Mages Felo'melorn gains Empowered Spellblade. It's a 5% damage increase initially, with a little less added per rank, up to 15 ranks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mireigi View Post
    They aren't worthless. Once you fully unlock every normal trait on your artifact, which includes the gold dragons, you will unlock a mastery trait that is a flat percentage increase to your damage/healing/survivability depending on spec.
    You are right they are not worthless, they are just NEARLY worthless, the damage/healing they provide is something not interesting to pursue, like at all, so my future AP gains after the next 3 levels are gonna have a tremendous diminishing return for me until more traits are added.
    You are right about the final mastery trait though, i had forgotten that one, but having to unlock 9 traits for reaching that one is too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neji View Post
    Seriously, there isn't a game on the planet that doesn't have an element of randomness
    Chess is close to that, but yeah RNG is present in everyday life, and so is unfairness, and yes it sucks.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I personally liked farming currency in order to purchase some items.
    Me too, being able to farm instances for gear was good too, back before this forced Personal loot crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neji View Post
    there isn't a game on the planet that doesn't have an element of randomness
    Chess is close to that
    You've obviously never seen me play chess XD

15+ Year Old Account
    As for hidden artifact appearances - I live with an outlaw rogue who has been 5 man farming his bindings out of NL, and he played with a rogue last night who doesn't have them after 280 kills.
    So? Just because a "hidden" appearance is RNG then it is bad? How many hidden appearances are their per artifact? How many appearences are their that are not tied to RNG. That is what I am getting at. You are cherry picking things that are RNG and arguing as if they exist in a vaccum. Instead of as if they existed as a different approach to the standard. It was the same thing with the mount. You said Legion only added one non-pvp mount at launch which is a flat out lie. You are just focusing on things that are RNG and ignoring everything else because it shoots holes in your argument of TOO MUCH RNG.

By the way prestige is also heavily influenced by RNG just as much as anything else. You need PvP gear to compete which is tied to RNG. You need to get the honor/prestige which is tied to RNG because you face random opponents and can't predict how each opponent will react. But you won't see that because you are putting blinders on to only see the things that support your stance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The amount and randomness of the legendary drops is bad design. Sadly I have seen a few people lose raid spots over their counterpart in the raid getting a legendary and that being the deciding factor of who stays or goes. Things titanforging 30 levels higher then the base item is another piss poor design addition.
    But if you remove legendary and add in Trinket, or higher item level gear, and you will get the same such situations. This isn't something new to WoW with Legion. People just are using Legendaries for a focal point of guild dynamics that they don't like and have always existed. Many of those people though were not a victim of it so they didn't care until now.

As aggravating and frustrating as RNG can be, I've always enjoyed it when items are very rare to obtain. It's not every day you see someone with a legendary or some specific item. I've ran my withered training a ton of times for my Monks hidden artifact appearance and consistently scored 600+ with no drop . It sucks ass but it does give you that carrot on the stick to chase after