Best Warlock Combat Ally?

I have completed my class campaign but I am at a loss as to which follower to choose as my Combat Ally. Anyone have any tips? I've not found much online about it. I'm also not sure which followers to deactivate. Thanks!

PS: I'm Demonology.

Here's how I look at it. As long as you're not on a PvP Realm your Combat Ally is mostly there for World Quests, because that's 90% of what you're going to be doing in the open world where the Combat Ally applies. So what helps the most with World Quests? My experience is that cooldowns are usually overkill, random procs are usually poorly timed and wasted, so the constant assistance from a bodyguard is best. Right now, the only Warlock bodyguard option is Ritssyn. He doesn't do a ton of damage, but he does debuff his target to take 10% extra damage, which is never a bad thing. So my advice is to try using him.

Oh, did you notice that "right now" disclaimer? That's because in 7.1 it'll be possible to get Moroes as a champion, and he also has the Bodyguard trait. No idea if he'll be noticeably better than Ritssyn in any way, but it'll at least expand our options.

I was using Fizzlebang for the longest time while I got everyone else to 850. Every 2 minutes, which goes by fast, she buffs you randomly with either haste, crit, mastery or 1 shard every 5 seconds. These usually last 30 seconds while you destroy a pack of mobs without a sweat or even the Warden targets which go down with ease.

Sometimes she'll summon a doomguard to attack because Fizzlebangs fuck up. But it's nothing.

She's amazing btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually prefer the Twins as the extra CD on the group WQs is always nice if you don't have a ton of people around to help. I play Affliction though, so survival and spread damage on 'Kill x things' just isn't an issue. By contrast, I prefer Modera on my Mage for the CC on those 'kill x things' quests, while for ST stuff I have plenty of CDs for those group things. So I guess which works best for you will vary on spec.

I also like the bodyguard.

I hate the big ass button from non-bodyguard and I can' be assed to download an addon to move it, so Rittsyn!
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    I hate the big ass button from non-bodyguard and I can' be assed to download an addon to move it, so Rittsyn!
    Fairly certain that you don't need an addon, you should just be able to click and drag it onto your action bar.

For the way I play, I've found the Eredar Twins to be the best. They both do solid damage to melt WQ bosses, and Alythess gives you a 35% fire/shadow boost and also continues to deal damage.

In general, not even Ritssyn is particularly useful for outdoor content. He might throw an incinerate out before you obliterate a mob, but his only real value is in Flamescowl, the damage taken increase debuff, and I personally find being able to control a buff rather than an uncontrollable debuff more useful. Ritssyn himself is really weak and barely worth considering, and I personally hate bodyguards because they are an uncontrollable pet that makes it hard to disengage from fights.

I pvp a lot and use caldeus. I can ruin someone in that stun or force a trinket. Although lately I haven't even needed to use him in most fights.

Rittysn annoys me with staying on targets that I got splash damage on when I just want to mount and go to the next WQ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    For the way I play, I've found the Eredar Twins to be the best. They both do solid damage to melt WQ bosses, and Alythess gives you a 35% fire/shadow boost and also continues to deal damage.

In general, not even Ritssyn is particularly useful for outdoor content. He might throw an incinerate out before you obliterate a mob, but his only real value is in Flamescowl, the damage taken increase debuff, and I personally find being able to control a buff rather than an uncontrollable debuff more useful. Ritssyn himself is really weak and barely worth considering, and I personally hate bodyguards because they are an uncontrollable pet that makes it hard to disengage from fights.
    that's exactly why I stopped using bodygurads at 110 (besides it's better to have timed high dps instead of permanent low dps).After killing WQ boss I usually want call taxi or mount and get out but I can't because Ritssyn starts chase opps players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmon83 View Post
    I was using Fizzlebang for the longest time while I got everyone else to 850. Every 2 minutes, which goes by fast, she buffs you randomly with either haste, crit, mastery or 1 shard every 5 seconds. These usually last 30 seconds while you destroy a pack of mobs without a sweat or even the Warden targets which go down with ease.

Sometimes she'll summon a doomguard to attack because Fizzlebangs fuck up. But it's nothing.

She's amazing btw.
    I use Fizzlebang too, i'm not for perma ally who suck at attacking ennemies and let you in fight.
    The only prob with temporary allies is that they are bad for macros because even in CD the game will try to use the spell and activate a GCD so you can't combine this with other burst CD in 1 macro, i don't really know how to bypass this, maybe with a /click ActionButton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    Fairly certain that you don't need an addon, you should just be able to click and drag it onto your action bar.
    This worked in WOD but it doesn't work in Legion for me.I dragged the button to AB but that huge action button didn't disappear....

Ritssyn for me, 100 order hall resources when i complete a WQ with him and also his debuff is soooooo good when you pair it with a tal'kiel.

I use Calydus as I find his Stun/DMG buff to be the most effective. You can already run around with a tank pet if you need it, there is literally no reason to have Ritssyn off 30 yards from you aggroing some random mob while you Aoe everything else around you... then have to go back to clean up what Ritssyn is attacking.

Calydus give you a stun/15% dmg buff for 15s which is perfect to melt those Danger/Warden quest mobs. Don't really need a follower as a bodyguard, so I want one that will buff my dmg. Twins are ok too, but they take two globals for a similar effect to Calydus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopuliak View Post
    This worked in WOD but it doesn't work in Legion for me.I dragged the button to AB but that huge action button didn't disappear....
    Well it's worked fine for me with zero addons relating to it.

I just take the gnome for the gold from WQ's, but that's more because I want my other followers abilities for missions than caring about the gnomes.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ritsyn is probably the best for WQ; he can take agro, does good dmg, his presence is never wasted.

However, I hate looking at him... so Fizzlebang it is. Also, Fizzlebang makes ganking people super ez

7+ Year Old Account
    I just have the body guard, and have a bonus 100 ar every wq from gear on the bastard. saves 6k at the end of the week plus extra.
    Don't be like haunt guy.