Thread: Frost vs Unholy

Frost vs Unholy

Right now im an 859 unholy, and i run haste/mast build and seem to out dps everyone but some boomkin. I always wanted to go back to frost and was wondering how it compares now after the buff.. Is there a website i can check out for max dps.

Honestly the latest mythic raid rankings show Frost ahead of Unholy, at least in the 75% percentile, higher ranks it looks like UH maybe ahead but slightly.

At this point I'd say play what you want. Though Blizzard has implied that they are going to be working on DKs "soon" so who knows how things will change.

Still to early to tell. I also suggest to play what you want as UH and frost are pretty close. I'm anticipating buffs soon or in 7.1

Machine gun FSc seems better than UNH for m+. In EN I could see them going back and forth based on talents.

If you are referring to https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10 that data is highly inaccurate due to the number of Frost logs (44) and Unholy logs (1539) currently.

The same inaccuracy shows for Arcane and Fire Mage and even Warlocks. Arcane and Affliction are not the two best specs of those classes either.
    Last edited by Zetsumai258i; 2016-10-03 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    If you are referring to https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10 that data is highly inaccurate due to the number of Frost logs (44) and Unholy logs (1539) currently.

The same inaccuracy shows for Arcane and Fire Mage and even Warlocks. Arcane and Affliction are not the two best specs of those classes either.
    The fact that 5 specs have single and double digit parses (<100), while others are in the 100s and 1000s speaks more than the rankings themselves. If Blizzard can't see that, then fuck them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post

30 mins i will never get back was looking at what made arcane better than fire when i saw that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    The fact that 5 specs have single and double digit parses (<100), while others are in the 100s and 1000s speaks more than the rankings themselves. If Blizzard can't see that, then fuck them.
    Yup Blizzard are exceptionally bad at balancing and people are exceptionally prone to jumping on the best spec bandwagon.

Frost is realistically only better at one thing than unholy is, and that is burst aoe + cc on trash. That's why frost is better for mythic + dungeons at the moment.

Well, there is a fair amount of sample bias in those mythic parses for sure. Most people playing as frost in mythic are trying to get top rankings, which is very easy when you have great gear and are playing the spec generally accepted to be weaker for your class.

Eh regardless both specs need help, well technically all 3 do, I mean at this point if you going to play one, play the one you like, don't worry which one is best.