Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    devs promised before legion launch that they will offer alternative to raiding - they lied and didnt deliver it - those who were responsible for thisk ind of decisions should be fired from blizzard imidiately

legion will fail even harder then wod - all we have to do is wait half of year till milion of youtube videos and threads will start
    Did you miss mythics+ or conviently not mentioning them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion? Most guilds need the gear from the first few bosses so they're able to kill the last few. Why would we be against gear dropping from the last boss? You realize there's always been more content after the last current boss, right?
    I do realize this. However, if you're not raiding mythic, Xavius in HC "should not drop loot"
    If you're not raiding HC same goes for normal. The perpective of "last boss" shifts abit considering what content you do.

But what content is there after the last boss? Future content? Obviously you woulnd't need that right now.

I'm just saying "you don't need better gear" is a poor argument. I'd love to have better gear. It's kind of what the game is all about to me (so I can compare my peen with my friends and feel better about myself).

10+ Year Old Account
    mythic+ is an option as well. dont have to raid.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by dakalro View Post
    You work on AP, you work on M+ (which you can probably do up to +10 or more even in 850 gear, .
    99 % of player wont pass mythic +5 even in 870 itlv - just because mythic crybabies have fun in mythic + it doesnt mean everyone else should just unsub

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    mythic+ is an option as well. dont have to raid.
    with current tuning and options it not an option for anyone besides mythic raiders - and you know it perfeckly i bet , just wonder how long will people spread bs about how "Accesible" or "rewarding" mythic + are

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dehdamned View Post
    I'm having a really hard time following the "You don't need higher ilvl as non-raider"-argument.

Advocates of this are basically saying they are totally fine with the last boss in a dungeon / raid to NOT drop any gear. Or any boss/difficulty you/your party has allready cleared.
    Yeah right...
    i oftn wish very strongly blizzard would make mythic raiding drop no gear just cosmetic rewards so that people would finally admit they dont raid for chalengeo nly for gear and nothing else

Deleted
    It's always people with anime avatars that are posting this useless threads...You want the best gear? Then do top tier content, period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    if you dont raid you are at massive disadvantage to other people who do. If they have 860-880 gear and you are 850 they will do M+ 7 and more while you will do max 6. Sot hey will get even better gear than you.

Yeah system is heavily cattered towards raiders. YES. But we knew it will end like this . We knew it all. Legion was fine up to opening of M+. Raiders complained they capped WQ gear and simply we are going back to WoD again. This is how Blizzard wants shit to happen so buckle up and find a raiding guild Clear that Heroic and be happy again.
    Such bullshit, you can get to 860 without raiding by doing mythic+ (in fact that is what I and many others did when mythic+ was released).
    Mythic+ is actually super rewarding and basically makes heroic raiding redundant and useless.

The problem is that mythic+ is actually somewhat hard and most people who don´t raid are not used to playing hard content.
    You can´t just play pug playstyle like in regular dungeons and expect to beat mythic7+ timers in 860 gear, but it is easily doable if you have a decent group and tactics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    +7 drops 855 base
    +9/10(or +8) are for 860-865
    +8 isn't easy to do on non-raid gear.
    You only get 2 drops per chest.
    Mythic is not a viable form of gearing on it's own.
    I've farmed 860 ilvl exclusively through Mythic+ runs and I leveled my character about 12 days ago ( 1.5 resets pretty much ). You just need to take time to form a good group and you can farm 6-7 2 chests fairly easily. I don't have time to raid so I've been doing this instead and I'm pretty satisfied. If I land a Legendary + new trinket I'll be around 863-865'ish ilvl WITHOUT entering a raid. The highest Mythic+ we have tried is +8 and it wasn't time efficient so we didn't continue higher, only getting 1 chest isn't much fun anyways

It's VERY viable, you just need to put some time into it.

... If you don't do the hardest content, you shouldn't be able to progress your character as effectively.
    Oh I agree on that one. I'm just disliking the argument and definition of 'need' with the view of raiding being the correct source to gear up from.

I don't mind gearing up from m+. >+6 is really freaking difficult!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    It's always people with anime avatars that are posting this useless threads...You want the best gear? Then do top tier content, period.
    Anime-girl avatars Jebačina, anime-girl avatars. :P
    And last week we actally had someone with a wow-dwarf avatar opening the same thread (He is actually refferenced in the OP).

Disagree with OP. As someone who does raids, M+, and world content, I find raids to make up quite a small % of my upgrades.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Did you miss mythics+ or conviently not mentioning them?
    This, this is THE alternative to raiding. What did you expect? Raid gear from questing? Lmao.

devs promised before legion launch that they will offer alternative to raiding - they lied and didnt deliver it - those who were responsible for thisk ind of decisions should be fired from blizzard imidiately

legion will fail even harder then wod - all we have to do is wait half of year till milion of youtube videos and threads will start
    Source please and thanks. I've never seen them say raiding will not be the end game.

Making up fake reasons Legion will fail is curious indeed. You must also think cata sub loss was due to heroics being hard when little to none were lost for that reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    I got a Titanforged relic that was 880 ilvl. My OFFSPEC weapon is now 890 ilvl and I've gotten 0 pieces of loot from a raid; I haven't even cleared a Mythic +6 yet.

Raid or die? Lol.
    relics are always higher level
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Continue the discussion without the personal attacks or the thread will be closed.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

99 % of player wont pass mythic +5 even in 870 itlv - just because mythic crybabies have fun in mythic + it doesnt mean everyone else should just unsub

with current tuning and options it not an option for anyone besides mythic raiders - and you know it perfeckly i bet , just wonder how long will people spread bs about how "Accesible" or "rewarding" mythic + are

- - - Updated - - -

i oftn wish very strongly blizzard would make mythic raiding drop no gear just cosmetic rewards so that people would finally admit they dont raid for chalengeo nly for gear and nothing else
    Come on, while it's true that a lot of players will have a hard time with M+5 it's also true that it's not difficult to get good enough to go over +5 in 850 gear. All it takes is a bit of awareness, move from fire >>> dps in fire and decent grasp of 1 dps rotation. The game is not rocket science and other than Demo, I've had no trouble playing decently enough on my warlock without reading any kind of guides, even after 3 years of being away (my last raid kill was in may 2013, Ra'den).

The other side of the coin is raiding ... I've tried a random PUG for EN normal - Ursoc, the leaders couldn't even be arsed listening to the 2 group strategy even if the players themselves seemed to be able to execute it decently enough. They kept going with "all stay on X, stay on blue if you get charged". Then they did a 2 group strategy ... on opposite sides of the boss, mind blowing. Sure the tanks sucked positioning but even with that the players themselves did OK enough to get boss to 30% - crappy tanking and stupid strategy. I just can't take that ... normal is just too easy but you need to at least bother with a sort of strategy for the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    quite the opposite.

Mythic + is more rewarding than raid.
    Indeed, it's infinitely more rewarding than raid because you can run infinitely without a lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I dunno, to have a reason to play the damn game? To have a reason to log onto the game? HELLO?
    Did you play WOD?
    MAYBE GAME NOT 4 YOU? I hear the new Call of Duty is looking good.

Deleted
    I agree it's the best as in technically, you can spam mythic+ until you get full 895 gear but that's extremely unrealistic that it borderlines impossible. You are guaranteed 895 loot in mythic raiding though. Of course it depends how your group handles loot, but I'd imagine most mythic raiding guild members get 1 or 2 pieces a week. I guarantee you that you can spam 100s of mythic+ and you likely won't even get a single titanforged 895 piece. So, while it's technically the best way since mythic raiding has a lock out, it is not the most efficient when it comes to high ilvl loot obtained vs time spent. This is assuming you're in a guild that isn't going to take months to clear mythic raids by the way. Obviously if you just don't do mythic raiding much, mythic+ is better.
    You are guaranteed 895 If something drops, wich isent always the case tha same goes with dungeon spamming. But since you can do it freqauntly getting something above 860 wich semmed to be ops point very likely.
    My point is that this so much from Raid or die, that tehse topics should be closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Imho OP is partially true, WQ max ilvl Cap should raise by 5 ilvl per week until 865 (from now this is 5 weeks or 6) because in Jan we will get to play NH and NH normal starts at 870 ilvl. I can agree this would be a good thing. And it wouldn't hurt anyone and wouldn't outdate any content. Also Guilds struggiling to do EN HC would have a small boost.

Now top end guilds are farming gear for NH there is no more race or anything like this

- - - Updated - - -

"deal with it or quit" you are a cancer type of player and it is total BS what you said. Game is beyond the scope of "only raids". Srsly how do you get to this conclusion ? You have like 14 years and play the game for 8 months or less ? really ?
    Then what would be the point of normal mytics? But i agree they shoudl rais it to like 850 maybe but then they need to scale regular mytics to.

Not reading 12 pages and I'm sure this is brought up but, if you don't raid, you don't really need 855+ gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    You are guaranteed 895 If something drops, wich isent always the case tha same goes with dungeon spamming. But since you can do it freqauntly getting something above 860 wich semmed to be ops point very likely.
    My point is that this so much from Raid or die, that tehse topics should be closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Then what would be the point of normal mytics? But i agree they shoudl rais it to like 850 maybe but then they need to scale regular mytics to.
    TBH, they probably should raise the ilvls of a few things. I personally think WQ's are mostly fine, but some NEW ones that go up a little couldn't hurt.

That being said, normal mythics really should be raised to 850 base, LFR EN should be raised to 840 base, and maybe raise normal EN by 5 or 10, too. Reason being that gearing up has been SO FAST this expansion that a lot of the more approachable content (Mainly mythics and LFR, and even normal is starting to become this, too) is approaching a point where it's starting to become worthless for really casual players to even bother with before they've even actually done it, and that's kind of fucked up. I was 843 before I even entered a single mythic. I'm 853 now (and that's without a single item below 850), and I haven't done but TWO mythics (Oddly enough, my highest item level pieces came from world quests and heroic dungeons), and I was nearly at the cusp of that even before any raids released, and with them out now, I have basically no reason to do LFR and normal EN doesn't seem worth bothering with the hassle unless I get some real lucky procs, and Heroic is probably not particularly made for my level of play. It's all actually kind of weirdly unbalanced.

Maybe the pre-EN ilvl cap should have been lower. Maybe there should have been things in place to limit the pace at which casual players get gear, but it's kind of annoying. Actually, really annoying.

Things will probably fix themselves by the time 7.1 is out or the LFR of NH is out, but right now, things are in a really wonky place. It's just way too god damned easy to outgear stuff. I guess maybe that's on purpose to get the uber casuals like me on the RNG-a-palooza, but whatever.