Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Impressive. Also kind of surprising at the dps/hps numbers. Overall party DPS throughout the entire run averaged 1.3 million dps which means to clear a +10 (which is +100% health/damage, right? Compared to the +217% of the +15) you only need less than 670k party DPS average? Or am I seriously messing up the numbers here? Even more surprising is that I've already healed over 200k HPS when I pugged a +5 and you averaged 230k HPS for that run and you managed to get in 50k dps to boot.
    You're completely ignoring everyone's healing except for the healer itself. It's 375k party HPS which is already a lot higher. That and people who already clear +15's don't stand in stupid shit. And if they do, they'll have to do the run all over again.

Impressive. Also kind of surprising at the dps/hps numbers. Overall party DPS throughout the entire run averaged 1.3 million dps which means to clear a +10 (which is +100% health/damage, right? Compared to the +217% of the +15) you only need less than 670k party DPS average? Or am I seriously messing up the numbers here? Even more surprising is that I've already healed over 200k HPS when I pugged a +5 and you averaged 230k HPS for that run and you managed to get in 50k dps to boot.
    I'm sure you're underestimating just how much damage is able to be avoided. I'm assuming at +15, almost all avoidable damage turns into a death so there's little damage other than what's unavoidable.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Yeah, not trying to start EU vs. US flame-war.
    Don't worry, EU tryhards perpetually seeking NA affirmation will do that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Don't worry, EU tryhards perpetually seeking NA affirmation will do that for you.
    Haha, right.

That's really impressive. Congratulations! This week Vault is just so easy, not really surprised to see it on, just wish my RNG was better on rolling Vault instead of BRH/Halls.

I saw you compared my logs earlier, are there no higher Vault parses? But that damage reduction on Bear is pretty insane, if true.
    Last edited by Squishei; 2016-10-04 at 01:48 AM.

On the healing note, healers are limited by the damage being taken by the group, the 230k on the log is including downtime such as pulls between encounters while I was drinking or the phase of both Cordana and the golem where there is 0 healing to be done. I'd also be willing to argue that the +5 you did could've required MUCH less than 200k hps if your group had managed to take less damage. If you look at the log, almost 300 million healing was done onto the bear with the next highest being only 45m. There is A LOT of avoidable damage that your group may have taken. And as far as dps goes, you can choose to take feral affinity for more dps, but the 50-60k dps gain on the second boss will seem a lot less important when you don't have the DR to survive a double detonate on the golem and you're forced to reset due to it.
    Last edited by Liquidflame; 2016-10-04 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidflame View Post
    On the healing note, healers are limited by the damage being taken by the group, the 230k on the log is including downtime such as pulls between encounters while I was drinking or the phase of cordana where there is 0 healing to be done. I'd also be willing to argue that the +5 you did could've required MUCH less than 200k hps if your group had managed to take less damage. If you look at the log, almost 300 million healing was done onto the bear with the next highest being only 45m. There is A LOT of avoidable damage that your group may have taken.
    Oh I don't dispute that there is a lot of avoidable damage, just that it is impressive that you managed to avoid so much. Also gives me hope that I'll maybe get the opportunity to clear a +15 at some point since I already can heal at +15 levels of damage lol

Oh I don't dispute that there is a lot of avoidable damage, just that it is impressive that you managed to avoid so much. Also gives me hope that I'll maybe get the opportunity to clear a +15 at some point since I already can heal at +15 levels of damage lol
    Not to shit on your skills, but he just said that the 230k hps is through all of the instance. Meaning that if you're waiting 30 seconds on the elevator, the counter is still going. His HPS is way higher in combat than the healing meters display.

Edit: The first boss for example, required him to do 400k HPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
    That's really impressive. Congratulations! This week Vault is just so easy, not really surprised to see it on, just wish my RNG was better on rolling Vault instead of BRH/Halls.

I saw you compared my logs earlier, are there no higher Vault parses? But that damage reduction on Bear is pretty insane, if true.
    Someone else brought your logs in. I don't think there are any public Vault parses that are higher ilvl though. The highest we were seeing when working on 14/15 was Mythic +12.

One thing that hasn't been said yet regarding your logs. You had the "harder" metamorphosis. 25% damage reduction means the phase lasts longer and there's no break in melee or darkstrikes. We beat this "form" of the boss probably 1 in 10 pulls and wouldn't have made the timer due to the 25% longer last phase.

The metamorphosis form today is the much easier "form." It gives you melee breaks with the eye beam, casting of Furious Blast, doesn't throw glaives, and doesn't spawn the adds in the sub 50% phase. I can not overstate how big a difference this makes when compared to your logs and other people doing Vault on that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Not to shit on your skills, but he just said that the 230k hps is through all of the instance. Meaning that if you're waiting 30 seconds on the elevator, the counter is still going. His HPS is way higher in combat than the healing meters display.

Edit: The first boss for example, required him to do 400k HPS.
    The 200k+ that I did was throughout the entire instance as well, but was admittedly only in combat.

Looking at time active for the group it is close to 85% active so about 85% of the 32 minutes is 27.8375 minutes of active play. 452.38 million healing done over 27.8375 minutes is ~271k HPS looking at combat time only.

I've already healed 400k+ pulls in pugs so I know I can handle that kind of bursty HPS too.

EDIT: Even if I don't clear +15, it seems like +10 should be relatively easy for me assuming I get a group that avoids damage and can deal damage too
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2016-10-04 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Someone else brought your logs in. I don't think there are any public Vault parses that are higher ilvl though. The highest we were seeing when working on 14/15 was Mythic +12.

One thing that hasn't been said yet regarding your logs. You had the "harder" metamorphosis. 25% damage reduction means the phase lasts longer and there's no break in melee or darkstrikes. We beat this "form" of the boss probably 1 in 10 pulls and wouldn't have made the timer due to the 25% longer last phase.

The metamorphosis form today is the much easier "form." It gives you melee breaks with the eye beam, casting of Furious Blast, doesn't throw glaives, and doesn't spawn the adds in the sub 50% phase. I can not overstate how big a difference this makes when compared to your logs and other people doing Vault on that boss.
    I agree. I always found it wired even on beta that stuff like Inquisitor and the first boss is daily and not set. In my opinion, you either need to let the person choose, or keep it permanently set.

Just really wish more keystones rolled Vault because so many of our keystones are crap/dead on Tyrannical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    EU tryhard here seeking the non salty road as opposed to this guy.

Congrats that is truly an amazing achievement.

shame you have to complete balance of power for the cool fuckin purple bear form though

wait NA players got this first?

I always thought EU were the real tryhards like going 2 weeks no shower or proper meal timing to get that #1 spot from NA.

4Head

FeelsBadMan when EU has 1 of the hardest affix combos this week. Skittish+Teeming felt like a dream compared to this shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    wow, gratz

didn't think it was possible with the gear we have now. How many times were you fucked by additional trash pulled by the six-feathered fan?
    six-feathered fan...?? What is this??

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Congrats, the mods this week are pretty easy but tyrannical is still no joke on some of the bosses.
    I dare anyone to try EoA on 10+ with Tyrannical. My guild barely got through EoA+8 after like 30m of just trying him. That was a nightmare that we won't soon be revisiting... *shudders*

OT: Grats on the World First, if it's a World First!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    I genuinely wonder: do you think there's an easier combo than the ones now? I'd imagine you'd get completely destroyed if even 1 affix changed, more specifically: Fortified instead of Tyrannical.

We got our asses handed to us on a +10 by the first mini-boss in Vault, but that might be because of Raging as well though. People just instantly disappeared, but I have a feeling Fortified played a huge part in that as well.
    I'd say that Fortified instead of Tyrannical would change nothing for them, because Sanguine/Overflowing is just easy and the trash is not that big a deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I'd say that Fortified instead of Tyrannical would change nothing for them, because Sanguine/Overflowing is just easy and the trash is not that big a deal.
    Fortified is horrible on the first miniboss :C

Fortified + Raging this week is total LUL