Deleted

Why have weekly lockouts on Mythic 5 man?

Does anybody have an idea why there are still weekly lockouts for Mythic 5 mans?

I mean you can run Mythic+ indefinitely for better loot and more of it. Obviously you can say "well you can only run Mythic+2 once and eventually you will run out of keys" but sadly you NEVER run out of keys spamming group finder and trade chat. We ran over 30 Mythic+2 runs over the weekend with no sign of players with keys running dry.

So the question is, what are Mythic dungeons giving us that warrant a lockout that Mythic+ dungeons don't? Also is it time to add a Mythic 5 man group finder that works just like the Heroic one?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it's to stop people spamming Mythic (non plus) dungeons over and over hoping for Warforged/Titanforged gear.

Sure, you can do Mythic+ indefinitely, but that takes actual effort as you have to find people, and then have to stop using keystones when they get depleted or things just get too hard. You may get better loot, but it's harder to get, where normal Mythics could easily get pretty mindless.

Personally I think that's a bit of a silly reason but I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Does anybody have an idea why there are still weekly lockouts for Mythic 5 mans?

I mean you can run Mythic+ indefinitely for better loot and more of it. Obviously you can say "well you can only run Mythic+2 once and eventually you will run out of keys" but sadly you NEVER run out of keys spamming group finder and trade chat. We ran over 30 Mythic+2 runs over the weekend with no sign of players with keys running dry.

So the question is, what are Mythic dungeons giving us that warrant a lockout that Mythic+ dungeons don't? Also is it time to add a Mythic 5 man group finder that works just like the Heroic one?
    There is a limited number of players that have max lvl character with low level keystone. Ones they are gone you will only be able to do higher lvl's.....

10+ Year Old Account
    to slow down burn out.
    Hi

Deleted
    Well i am fine with that but mythic needs to appear on the dungeon finder. Mythic is not that hard at all. Only Mythic 1.

The only theory I have is that Blizzard seriously thinks that the people who would do mythics would never do a single world quest, and the people doing world quests would never do a single mythic, and so on.

Gearing and content is so lopsided right now.

The mythic lockout would mean something if they were hard and not overgeared two weeks into the expansion, or if what WQ's dropped was massively lower.

Like, man, if you've kept at your order hall and did world quests that had gear, and just played casually, you basically make Mythics pointless. You basically make LFR pointless. You can almost make normal EN pointless, even, sort of, with your only hopes of getting usable gear if you're casual being real lucky procs.

TBH, gearing just happened way, way, way too fast early in the expansion for the casual player.

And why are they called mythic in the first place? They are nowhere near mythic raids in terms of diffculty. And furthermore, do we really need 3 difficulties (4 if you count mythic+) of dungeons at this point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick off-topic question: if you have a key you don't want and would like to get a new one... can it be deleted? can you then run a new Mythic and get a new Mythic+ Key?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Pretty sure it's to stop people spamming Mythic (non plus) dungeons over and over hoping for Warforged/Titanforged gear.

Sure, you can do Mythic+ indefinitely, but that takes actual effort as you have to find people, and then have to stop using keystones when they get depleted or things just get too hard. You may get better loot, but it's harder to get, where normal Mythics could easily get pretty mindless.

Personally I think that's a bit of a silly reason but I'm pretty sure that's the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    There is a limited number of players that have max lvl character with low level keystone. Ones they are gone you will only be able to do higher lvl's.....
    Well I dunno man. I threw together a group on the weekend and we cleared about 15 runs, then another group the next day and did another 15-20 runs. Literally the second we entered queue we had a player whisper with a key, I had so many requests I was turning down dungeons we didn't want to clear and had a pretty good choice of good ones to run. The loot is FAR better on Mythic+2 along with the fact you get more and can essentially do these runs indefinitely. I literally made the groups for these runs within 10 minutes, that's as me playing a DPS char, not a Tank/Healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    to slow down burn out.
    Then you get burnt out on running Mythic+'s :/