Poll: Are You?

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Deleted

A month in; do you still enjoy Legion?

I personally think it is my second favorite expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I do, there is always something to do. which whilst overwhelming at first, is actually a nice change.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's great! People claim it's alt friendly, but most people complain about long boring content droughts too, so looks like I can farm rep and AP on alts for the inevitable drought when it happens. No complaints here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    It's not bad but I'm kinda tired of it by now.

Deleted
    I never got this complaint about alt unfriendliness. I had 24 lv100s, and now 3 of them are 110. I don't need to max every one out.

My major complaint is that world quests are the same ones over and over. There is no variety. Release Su'esh is up literally every. single. day. If they wanted this kind of a system to be a large way to earn AP, I just wish they would have added about 3 times as many different world quests as there are now. I'm not saying the expansion is bad. It's pretty good. But I really can't see anyone liking world quests even in a month from now. They are repetitive and and feel too much like a chore if you are even on a semi-serious mythic progression based team. But the AP is too good to ignore for the time invested.

There are a ton of problems. But overall I am still having fun, with some minor fixes and some more acc wide stuff to make things more alt friendly this xpac could be amazing.

It seems they brought back a lot of things people enjoyed in classic, like class quests. I know i haven't seen large scale secret questlines like for these hidden appearances since Linken's "[It's A Secret to Everybody].

Personally i'm loving it so far. If not solely for that reason, then because I enjoy the questing, proffessions, and just the way character progression works more than any other expansion.

World Quests are infinitely better than dailies (and there isn't an oversaturation issue like with MoP. Probably because rep grinding isn't the sole form of content). Even the Order Hall isn't as bad as the garrison, and works well as a side feature that supports your progression in the rest of the game. Storytelling is great too and has only improved since WoD

Call me a fanboy, but so far launch gets a 9.5/10 from me. Few minor bugs & issues that really annoy me like invisible nodes & seams, how tedious levelling an alt must be, and the nee for more WQ, ideally new sets of WQs added to the mix with each expansion (and maybe even updating the story of old ones. Like, I'm sure the Storm Dragons dont bomb the vrykul forever). It's too soon to give retrospect, but this is best modern expac if not second best expansion on launch.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2016-10-02 at 08:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    After 4 weeks, the same WQ's gets REALLY boring and to grindy.

And the way they have done proffs and gathering is not fun on alts and doing rep and AP all over again on alts is a real killer

It's nice to finally have something to do again, but it gets way to much when you start lvling alts.

This far Legion looks like a real alt killer

Right now im trying to lvl my herb/alchy alt and that is a pain in the butt. I need 80 fox flovers, but there no herbs to gather, because every body is overfarming herbs
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2016-10-02 at 08:38 AM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    Hell yeah, lots of challenging content, and no need to play 24/7, but you could if you want to. WoD done right.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post

You say it like it's a bad thing?

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Hell yeah, lots of challenging content, and no need to play 24/7, but you could if you want to. WoD done right.

You say it like it's a bad thing?
    It is if you like playing your alts
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I was done with Legion after only around 2 weeks. We'll see what happens with Kara and future content updates. WQs are in danger of being completely irrelevant unless they scale up past 835. Blizz might want to think about scaling the world with iLVL instead of character level to help with this. Normal and heroic dungeons also run the risk of becoming irrelevant due to gear from LFR and crafted stuff.

Deleted
    If there would be no legendary system which is kinda punishing i would say legion is 9/10 but with legendary system and amount of pure grind i have to do... it is kinda 7/10 Wod was 5/10. So -2 from my original mark for pure shit around legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    After 4 weeks, the same WQ's gets REALLY boring and to grindy.

And the way they have done proffs and gathering is not fun on alts and doing rep and AP all over again on alts is a real killer

It's nice to finally have something to do again, but it gets way to much when you start lvling alts.

Right now im trying to lvl my herb/alchy alt and that is a pain in the butt. I need 80 fox flovers, but there no herbs to gather, because every body is overfarming herbs
    Take it slowly. You can't have everything right away, and it keeps people busy in my opinion.

Do what I do; I just max out my main, and gradually work on one alt at a time. I really don't feel obliged to have everything on that alt caught up to my main too soon, if ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I was done with Legion after only around 2 weeks. We'll see what happens with Kara and future content updates. WQs are in danger of being completely irrelevant unless they scale up past 835. Blizz might want to think about scaling the world with iLVL instead of character level to help with this. Normal and heroic dungeons also run the risk of becoming irrelevant due to gear from LFR and crafted stuff.
    WQ were supposed to scale up to 870 but people QQed "free loot for nobodies" so they capped it at 840.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    Take it slowly. You can't have everything right away, and it keeps people busy in my opinion.

Do what I do; I just max out my main, and gradually work on one alt at a time. I really don't feel obliged to have everything on that alt caught up to my main too soon, if ever.
    Maxed out as full Mythic gear 890 ? or ilvl 840 gim gear ? Because i play each day 6 h and i didn't max my char while i have ilvl 861 and cleared almost all possible content.

It's great. Last 2 expansions the only thing that kept me playing was raiding schedule, and even that not for long as I quit in WoD.

Now I'm not even raiding (full casual mode) yet still love the game.

New PvP rank system is great.
    While time-rushing Mythic+ is too much challenge mode for me, it's good that high-difficulty dungeons exist.
    Class content is something this game missed for too long.
    World Quest / scaling system for the first time in WoW's history makes all zones of expansion relevant at max level.
    Professions and even fishing got some love.

And this hidden appearence hunt is one of the most glorious things I ever experienced in WoW, something I didn't expect to experience in the age of Internet.
    Unless it turns out both DK skins drop from Nighthold bosses, then I hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Nope, bored as hell cause my class got turned into garbage, stripped of all mobility, group utility, decent damage, not having a built-in on demand cleave attack which makes us the only melee without one, and best yet a mastery change that made us into Cata warrior 2.0 playstyle, the playstyle removed from the game of "his C smash, spam the pretty buttons" because it was "clunky and poorly designed". So 3 xpacs later we got judgment of colossal smash.

Yup, no real fun here at all honestly. Too much ability removal to make any class/spec really feel like they are something unique and different....now everything is 3 buttons and don't stand in fire. Not my kind of enjoyment when actually learning and perfecting your play should always be the target of any game. Now we just get it on a plate and are told "stack this stat".

#RetLivesMatter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Where is all this challenging content that you mention? The only challenging content in Legion is Mythic raids.

• World quests are ridiculously easy to solo, and reward gear far above what they should.
    • Heroic dungeons are so stupidly easy that they make the face roll dungeons from MoP and WotLK look challenging.
    • Mythic dungeons are actually easier than heroics from Cataclysm or TBC, and reward gear far in excess of what they should considering the minimal effort required.
    • Normal mode raids are a snooze fest that require less effort or concentration than dungeons.
    • Heroic raids actually require you to pay attention, but don't require anything beyond the average players skill set. Pretty much on a par with the original 20 man ZG or 10 man Karazhan.

so far so good. lets have a look at the reward structure when we are deeper in progress. and how challenging things stay. besides that and horrible alt unfriendly'ness all looks shiny shine at the moment. at least Legion HAS the potential to become one of the best xpacs. for now...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-10-02 at 09:01 AM.

Its not as shit as Warlords but saying its the second comming of Wrath would be a stretch. Legion is definately better than Warlords but to me, its still not as good as Mists.

Mists had it all, content outside of raiding and dungeons was still viable end game, like pvp, daily questing, world boss farming, rep grinding with tillers/personal farm (never bothered with it, but it was an option), anglers, skirmishes (aka mini dungeons).

The issue is, Legion is sorely lacking in content compared to Mists. While it has dungeons, it has raids, it has world quests, alot of this is gated by timelocks and lootlocks. Basically, its not -accessable- content, its -doable- content with a daily/weekly lockout.

Nearly everything in Legion is designed to artifically lengthen the experience by making gearing harder than ever, since RNG is such a heavy factor in it now that getting gear is a nightmare. For example:

Ive done emerald nightmare normal twice now, twice, I did 4/7 first week and the remaining 3/7 I needed this week completing the full 7/7, I have not "once" got a single piece of loot from any boss even with a bonus roll used.

In addition, ive done mythic dungeon runs, mythic + and im "stuck" on 846 even though ive repeatedly tried to progress.

If there is ONE thing they DESPERATLEY need to work on, its the RNG in Legion. If it WASNT for that as such a GLARINGLY obvious issue, and the alt unfriendly leveling, the rep grind being -mandatory- for 2 of the dungeons (yes im attuned) and the fact the follower system now is just ANOTHER progression lock designed to onpurposley slow you down...

Legion could potentially -be- the next comming of Wrath, but they need to do the following:

- Change Broken Shores pathfinder to unlock flying in Val'sharah, Azsuna, Highmountain and Stormhiem, keep it in Suremar, Eye, Dalaran and Broken Shores + any future zones (until) you unlock pathfinder part 2.

- Make reputation gain account wide, its definatley archaic and honestly it would -not- hurt the game to simply let you catch up on alts so you can tank/heal/dps as required for your friends/guild.

- Make artifact power account wide, artifact upgrades can stay the same, but the power is silly, it takes -far- too long to invest in just -one- weapon nevermind all of them.

- Give a 100% droprate to loot from bosses in raids/dungeons by the end of a mythic+ and normal raid. In essence, complete the entire mythic+ dungeon and you will get a guarenteed piece of loot not at the end of the week but at the end of the "run" even if its something you already have, at least then looting will feel rewarding again. The same goes for raiding, give a guarenteed piece of loot from at least "one" boss regardless of which boss it is, even if its loot you already own something of a similar or better itemlevel, at least then it feels worth the run.

- Add "more" pvp options, PVP needs more love than just a revamped system, it needs new BG's and a "new" world pvp zone, not just areas of world pvp scattered across Legion.

If legion did at least 2/3rds of this, id consider it wrath 2.0 but right now, its closer to Cataclysm. Cataclysm tried to retain wraths casual friendly leveling experience while making dungeons/raids harder for everyone with much more limiting progression. It doesnt really work, it didnt work with Cataclysm and it wont work now, its time to accept that, and adapt.