Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Felo'Melorns Aftershocks trait bugged?

As mentioned in other threads, it only deals 17% of the original Flamestrikes damage, also it does not scale with the Blue Flame Special trait.

Is it bugged and subject to be fixed by blizz?
    - The tooltip is very misleading to say the least. I'd say its not at all what it says which makes it a bug
    - Blue Flame special being ignored by the effect has to be seen as a bug
    - Its a gold trait and should really make a difference...
    - Flamestrike is really weak whatsoever

I am handing in a bug report to blizz, if you guys do the same they gotta respond at some point!

Deleted
    I agree that people should write report only for the sake that tooltip is misleading, and it's completely useless even compared to other normal traits.

Deleted
    Tooltip is misleading, nothing else - Blue Flame works as intended, because Aftershocks damage is not Flamestrike.

The only bug is that Aftershocks is a golden trait instead of Blast Furnace. If you are reading carefully the tooltip it does say an additional "PILLAR OF FLAME" not an additional "FLAMESTRIKE", yes it is vague, doubt they will change the name.

Flamestrike sucks, Flame patch sucks and Aftershocks sucks too. I would rather get the scorch trait than Aftershocks. In early alpha I believe they had it call down an additional FS instead, but then it was too OP with flame patch double down and WiF on top in pvp.

Deleted
    Seems they really went overkill with Flamestrike nerfs.

Still picked the golden talent because i can, it's only one point of the beaten path. Wouldn't mind if they changed the talent into flamestrike now gives 1 heating up proc.

Deleted
    I think it was actually adding two pillars of flame earlier in beta, but now it's a joke. I am not saying fire needs a buff but that golden trait is a joke.

No it's just underwhelming except on AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    The only bug is that Aftershocks is a golden trait instead of Blast Furnace. If you are reading carefully the tooltip it does say an additional "PILLAR OF FLAME" not an additional "FLAMESTRIKE", yes it is vague, doubt they will change the name.
    Well, you are partially correct.

The Flamestrike tooltip says: "Calls down a pillar of fire, burning all enemies within the area for (180% of Spell power) Fire damage and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 8 sec."
    The Aftershocks tooltip says: "Flamestrike calls down 1 additional pillar of fire..."

There is absolutely no indication of this "pillar of fire" being any different from the first one. The pillar of fireeffectively *IS* the flamestrike.
    So IMO, Blue Flame Special should work for this trait just aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc4a6c66625d; 2016-10-04 at 09:45 AM.

I wish they'd just get rid of that useless trait and give us something else.

Other classes 3rd actually does something, ours is for a skill we don't even use.

Heh, I remember in Beta when Blast Furnace was the golden trait and it was so underwhelming. Many said that there couldn't be any thing worse than that.

Guess blizzard showed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    No it's just underwhelming except on AoE.
    It's underwhelming even on AoE, I'd rather have 0.1% increased fire damage. I hope they redesign it or replace it, golden traits shouldn't be this terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Heh, I remember in Beta when Blast Furnace was the golden trait and it was so underwhelming. Many said that there couldn't be any thing worse than that.

Guess blizzard showed us.
    Blast Furnace adds DPS to both single target and AoE rotations whereas as Aftershocks barely adds any DPS to AoE. When I read the Blast Furnace tooltip, I genuinely was surprised that it wasn't a GD, so I guess it makes sense now. I really don't like some of our GD talents in general, and wish our talents gave meaningful changes to rotation or at least noticeable DPS increases.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    It's underwhelming even on AoE, I'd rather have 0.1% increased fire damage. I hope they redesign it or replace it, golden traits shouldn't be this terrible.
    It's far more than 0.1% on AoE, and it's actually quite strong in mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    It's far more than 0.1% on AoE, and it's actually quite strong in mythic+.
    They didn't say it was 0.1% damage, they said they'd rather have 0.1% increased FIRE damage, which would effect all spells, not just flame strike.

It would be great if they just got rid of Aftershocks all together and gave us a completely new golden talent in its place.

Something to keep the AoE flavor; "Ignite now spreads to two additional targets every 2 seconds rather than 1 additional target."

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    They didn't say it was 0.1% damage, they said they'd rather have 0.1% increased FIRE damage, which would effect all spells, not just flame strike.
    It'd still be better than 0.1% damage over a mythic+, far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Milin View Post
    It would be great if they just got rid of Aftershocks all together and gave us a completely new golden talent in its place.

Something to keep the AoE flavor; "Ignite now spreads to two additional targets every 2 seconds rather than 1 additional target."
    That would actually be less DPS than Aftershocks.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it ironic that flamestrike is such a rarely used spell for Fire mages right now when our weapon's very name is Flamestrike.

A bit more on topic, though, I am at the point on my AP progression with Felo'Melorn where I have to choose between the Aftershocks trait or to start working towards the Blast Furnace trait. If Aftershocks really is so terrible that it still does not make Flamestrike worth casting in even most AOE situations, then it should be looked at. Either move the Golden trait to something else or make it so Aftershocks does more damage on its own but cannot benefit from flame patch. (As flame patch benefits was what was causing it to be OP in beta, yes?)

Quote Originally Posted by Azcatryo View Post
    I just find it ironic that flamestrike is such a rarely used spell for Fire mages right now when our weapon's very name is Flamestrike.

A bit more on topic, though, I am at the point on my AP progression with Felo'Melorn where I have to choose between the Aftershocks trait or to start working towards the Blast Furnace trait. If Aftershocks really is so terrible that it still does not make Flamestrike worth casting in even most AOE situations, then it should be looked at. Either move the Golden trait to something else or make it so Aftershocks does more damage on its own but cannot benefit from flame patch. (As flame patch benefits was what was causing it to be OP in beta, yes?)
    It's worth using in most AoE situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Blast Furnace adds DPS to both single target and AoE rotations whereas as Aftershocks barely adds any DPS to AoE. When I read the Blast Furnace tooltip, I genuinely was surprised that it wasn't a GD, so I guess it makes sense now. I really don't like some of our GD talents in general, and wish our talents gave meaningful changes to rotation or at least noticeable DPS increases.
    To be fair, in beta, Blast Furnace added a REALLY weak dot. I'm not sure if they buffed the value.

Although I don't see how it helps in AOE rotations?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    To be fair, in beta, Blast Furnace added a REALLY weak dot. I'm not sure if they buffed the value.

Although I don't see how it helps in AOE rotations?
    You Fire Blast anyway to force Hot Streak procs.
    BfA Beta Time