Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Kid Cudi Checks himself into rehab: Suicidal Thoughts and Junk

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-urges-w443470

This kind of makes his music more meaningful IMO.

IDK if anyone here listens to Kid Cudi, but's he's one of the very few philosphorappers out there.

Might know him for Day and Night: https://youtu.be/a9kgPwaRc78

I think his latest album is good evidence that he has mentally checked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait I mean the one that came out last year, not the one coming out this month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Philosoraptors you say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I think his latest album is good evidence that he has mentally checked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait I mean the one that came out last year, not the one coming out this month.
    Speedin Bullet 2 Heaven or whatever? Yeah that was... something... lol

Poor guy though, I hope he gets the help he needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Philosoraptors you say?
    Philosophorappers.

Like it? Too bad. I'm patenting it now.

His music has been more meaningful. I feel that, if he does receive help for his pretty minor issues, it will make his music worse in general. There is a reason why mental issues aren't taken very seriously in America--the majority of them don't exist. Most of them are simply placebos created by people who can't really handle the harsh aspects of life. Kid Cudi is an example of this here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    His music has been more meaningful. I feel that, if he does receive help for his pretty minor issues
    How do you know what his issues are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he is just now realizing that he threw away his career when he left GOOD Music.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    His music has been more meaningful. I feel that, if he does receive help for his pretty minor issues, it will make his music worse in general. There is a reason why mental issues aren't taken very seriously in America--the majority of them don't exist. Most of them are simply placebos created by people who can't really handle the harsh aspects of life. Kid Cudi is an example of this here.
    I agree with you to a degree.

His music may be meaningful and relate to people because he's unconsciously converting his depression in his music, and the depression aspects are what relate to people.

Just a real quick and not the greatest example of a lyric that shows what i'm describing:

Day and Night, the Lonely Stoner seems to free his mind at night

I mean, when you sit there and hear that as you're alone and smoking pot, all you can think is "damn".

I would be depressed too if I made crappy music like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

His music may be meaningful and relate to people because he's unconsciously converting his depression in his music, and the depression aspects are what relate to people.

Just a real quick and not the greatest example of a lyric that shows what i'm describing:

I mean, when you sit there and hear that as you're alone and smoking pot, all you can think is "damn".
    Wow...thats some deep, next level shit there.../sarcasm

On topic: Who is this person and why should I care? Sounds like the latest wannabe YouTube star who lets their dog pick random works out of a dictionary for their new persona.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I don't know...maybe it's just less subtle now; the first time I listened to his Man on the Moon album I felt he was channeling depression and loneliness (although "Pursuit of Happiness" isn't very subtle either). I can well imagine that he must feel apart from many around him; you said it yourself: he's one of the rare philosorappers. The art people can spin from their pain comes at a price and is probably all the more evocative because of it.

"Waking up with the night terrors covered in sweat."

Maybe that's not fiction and it was coming from the heart?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Scientologist alert folks!

On a more serious note, I really like Kid Cudi's stuff. I hope he gets the counseling he needs. I don't usually quote scripture, but Proverbs 18:14 is pretty damn apt: "The soul can endure in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?" Call it depression, call it mental illness, call it what you want. But it's a real thing, and anyone who denies that depression is a real thing with real emotional and psychological consequences is either an idiot, an edgelord who thinks ala 1940's that people suffering from depression are just sissies who just need to "get over it" (in other words, a moron), or a Scientologist (aka a crazy person).

Everyone needs help sometimes, be it as simple as talking it out with someone who will actually listen, or making sure there isn't some kind of chemical or hormonal imbalance.

Deleted
    Philosoraptors you say?
    yes they are very dangerous watchout :O

Jeez, yeah. That really is some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard. I don't know much about this guy, is he 12? It seems like something a kid would scribble on his notebook. Rhyming "night" with "night" though, I'm sure that is pretty heavy to many people today.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Philosoraptors you say?

Philosoraptor heard you were looking for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The most pressing question here is, "Who?"

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I'm happy to sit in the line of feigning ignorance and rolling my eyes when a famous person does a thing, but mental disorders have enough of a public stigma still that publicly discussing them is noteworthy. Music isn't my thing, rap/hippity hoppity stuff especially, but that Lonely Stoner song is pretty good in my book. I think I heard it the first time in the backwater roads of Texas one night.

Good on this kid (pardon the shit pun) for getting help and being open about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    [video=youtube;7xzU9Qqdqww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xzU9Qqdqww[video]

"Waking up with the night terrors covered in sweat."

Maybe that's not fiction and it was coming from the heart?
    Ha, as soon as I saw this news I looked over at the girlfriend and went "TELL ME WHATCHU KNOW ABOUT NIGHT TERRORS NOTHIN!"

Anyway, hope he feels better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The most pressing question here is, "Who?"
    This would be like me joining an anime thread going "Who are all these big eyed fucks?" Why in the world would you not only enter a thread about something that didn't interest you but CHOOSE to respond to it? What was going through your mind?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.