Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stay safe everyone: much love from London UK

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    As one who lives right where this shitshow is supposed to be worst, I don't really find that funny.
    And who chose to live in the hurricane capital of america?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shitshow has started in Jacksonville already, most of the city is under mandatory evacuation. Going to evacuate family from downtown this afternoon. Downtown is going to look like New Orleans after katrina. And can you believe it they have now banned the sale of alcohol!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Listrata View Post
    Shitshow has started in Jacksonville already, most of the city is under mandatory evacuation. Going to evacuate family from downtown this afternoon. Downtown is going to look like New Orleans after katrina. And can you believe it they have now banned the sale of alcohol!
    Now thats just unconstitutional. How you gonna have a hurricane party without alcohol?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    And who chose to live in the hurricane capital of america?
    Well I'm in the military and they moved me here, but nice troll attempt I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Well I'm in the military and they moved me here, but nice troll attempt I guess.
    Troll attempt? You just made your case worse. You had the choice to be somewhere else or not join the military at all. All on you bud

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It will be hitting my area pretty soon, flooding is expected and the area is under evacuation. I'll be staying, though, I've weathered through much worse than this and I'm more prepared being in my own house than at a school or shelter.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked, stocked and ready to rock!!

Going to be playing WoW till the power goes out which hopefully won't happen. Didn't lose power during Hermine so here's to hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They've always alternated, making your bad joke even worse. :-p
    I mean, Andrew and Hugo were pretty damaging storms.
    From 1953 (when the practice was resumed) until 1978, Hurricanes were given exclusively feminine names.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/...am=miamibeach7

What the hell is with those people? There's so many people walking around on the beach still.

I'm in SWFL, if this hurricane was headed to me I'd be in my car heading NW. I wouldn't even have a destination. I would just be driving until I got the hell out of the way, and then return as soon as it was clear.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just heard that the death toll in Haiti has reached 100, and they're expecting the number to rise. Also the storm surge map looks insane from central Florida to Georgia. We'll be extremely lucky if we don't lose anyone here in the U.S.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh I couldn't get shutters up on the second floor of my house since I couldn't find the ladder.

Hope this hurricane doesn't break windows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll attempt? You just made your case worse. You had the choice to be somewhere else or not join the military at all. All on you bud
    spoken like someone who hasn't graduated high school and lived in the real world.(at least i hope that's the case with you....) you go where they station you in the army. you would know this just from speaking to someone in the army or even doing basic research. but of course it's easy to victim blame rather than do actual research and admit your wrong.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are incredibly ignorant. My family is right in the path of the hurricane, yet you think that nobody should live in Florida because it could be hit by a hurricane? By your logic, nobody should live in California since there could be an earthquake and nobody should live up north because of the chance of a major blizzard.

At least attempt to think before you post.

Hold on guys, i hope it wont be that devastating. But if the report from Haiti is true, then it looks really ugly..

Because of this, i am glad that i live in central europe. We dont have any blizzards, hurricanes. earthquakes or tornadoes.. The worst thing, that can happen to us, is flood.

Yea, this is about to hit me dead on. I literally live at ground 0 in florida lol.

We'll see how this goes.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yea, this is about to hit me dead on. I literally live at ground 0 in florida lol.

We'll see how this goes.
    stay safe dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Found it odd that nobody is talking about this destructive force which may possibly hit the US as soon as Late Thursday, early Friday AM.
    It's currently tearing Haiti a new one. My relatives in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic report a LOT of rain but that's about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/americ...icane-matthew/
    https://www.wunderground.com/hurrica...ricane-Matthew
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh...l/301217.shtml
    Because this can potentially happen several times a year, but only actually happens once in a great while. They usually turn. /shrug

Like the poster above me said, stay safe though.

The blue dot is actually where i live haha. This is kinda nerve wracking even though I've been through a few hurricanes in my time.

Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Here's a live cam, it's not doing much yet

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland