Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly makes me happy I didn't book my trip to Orlando for tomorrow like originally planned. Hopefully the damage is minimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping the best for anyone in its path. Stay safe y'all hurricanes are no joke

15+ Year Old Account
    Hurricanes with feminine names cause more causalities, glad this one is given a male name.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Family lives in Southwest Flordia.

They say most things there are running. Only thing now is a delay here and there.

I'm hoping it doesn't hit a U-turn and wreck the gulf. This is why I was weary about moving to Flordia and decided to say in Iowa.

Floridian and never left for a hurricane. Matthew looks to be pretty average hurricane. Maybe a little bigger.

I've never left my home for a hurricane before and I don't intend to now. I'm getting hit almost directly by it based on the most recent trajectory, but my house is solid concrete and my bathroom even has a concrete roof, and I live on an elevated area where flooding is pretty unrealistic. The thing I'm most bummed about is the likely week or two I'll be without power, if not more.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    8pm and still nothing >.< we have more rain on a typical summer day than in this hurricane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Most places inland (like 40 miles from the coast) like Orlando are mostly lower mph winds (like 30-70 range). It really isn't hard for people to travel from the coast inland, I really fear for those who are staying. This storm is no joke, and I can't believe there would be parents who would risk their children's lives by choosing to stay. I saw a news clip of a dad walking around the boardwalk with what looked like a 2 year old. When the waters rise 7-9 feet, you are in for big trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    8pm and still nothing >.< we have more rain on a typical summer day than in this hurricane.
    It's still 80 miles off the coast. It's going to hit hard.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I welcome it. I wish an alien invasion would happen, too. At least the entire planet of intelligent species would realize they need to stop fighting each other and face a REAL threat.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Listrata View Post
    Florida in particular has one of the strictest building codes in the country. Yes most homes are wood structures but after hurricane Andrew they started doing things like strapping the roof with extra metal clips, sometimes down to the foundation. It's called hurricane ties/clips. Haitian use what few resources their island has left to build. They use concrete a lot but have no rebar to strengthen it. Mismangement of their resources has left their side of the island deforested.
    Our Geography teacher (and this is in Germany, so he may as well be as ignorant about the US as you are about Germany) actually told us it makes sense for the Midwest to build houses out of wood. See, they're cheaper to rebuild after a tornado, so his reasoning.

I never bought into it. But having been in Texas myself and travelling up the East Coast... it kinda does look like it's the prevalent material used. About Haiti, I've stopped wonddering about the silliness happening in the third world a while ago. My current stance is that evolution will do its thing and the survivors will have figured out how to not stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    As one who lives right where this shitshow is supposed to be worst, I don't really find that funny.
    Just remember to not go outside and shoot funny videos. The Darwin award isn't worth it. Hunker down, mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yea, this is about to hit me dead on. I literally live at ground 0 in florida lol.

We'll see how this goes.
    Good luck, buddy.

I hope you lot properly notify us when it's all over. I don't give two shits, but some of us are genuinely concerned for you guys.

Ok, perhaps I care a little bit. Nerds gotta stick together.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The blue dot is actually where i live haha. This is kinda nerve wracking even though I've been through a few hurricanes in my time.

[IMG]https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14463113_10154767881634728_7313498220658701011_n.jpg?oh=698d24e90b772390d903653373471a2c&o e=58737B97[IMG]
    Holy shit you're at the worst spot.

Grandparent's live 30 mins north of Orlando. So like, a little under the D in Florida on your map.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope sean penn is not mixed up in this, wasn't he a big haiti dude
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Port saint lucie here. Going to take a walk during the destruction tomorrow, get some good videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    I just moved to Florida (Port St. Lucie) two weeks ago. Had to figure out how to put up my hurricane shutters yesterday. I really had good timing for this. If it decides to veer a few miles to the West the eye of the storm will probably hit pretty much right on me.
    Fellow St. Loser!

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Port saint lucie here. Going to take a walk during the destruction tomorrow, get some good videos.
    You're north of me, I'm the melbourne / vierra area. ! Should be interesting
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    You're north of me, I'm the melbourne / vierra area. ! Should be interesting
    The wind is hardly gusting and trees are already brushing power lines in my neighborhood. Goodbye power.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    So this hurricane was nothing, lucky me I didn't lose any power.

News live Stream for my county which shows nothing really has happened.

Last edited by Ave07; 2016-10-07 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.facebook.com/904happyhour/videos/1154293297

So according to Shepard Smith, anyone who stays in the path of the hurricane is going to die. Even your kids. XD

Edit: If the link doesn't work just look up 904 happy hour on Facebook.
    Last edited by Templar 331; 2016-10-07 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/904happyhour/videos/1154293297

So according to Shepard Smith, anyone who stays in the path of the hurricane is going to die. Even your kids. XD

Edit: If the link doesn't work just look up 904 happy hour on Facebook.
    Let's hope not :/ Couple of us are here
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Has shit hit the fan yet? Or are news websites just exaggerating this storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heard 5 transformers blow in the last hour and the eye isn't even parallel to my area yet. Liquor stores were empty last I've heard, of course everything shut down ~5pm EST. Just hope this thing doesn't go further west or stall out. A bit of optimism, damage shouldn't be as bad as forcasted because people have taken the storm seriously and have been preparing. The last time we got hit was 2004 but that was 4 storms, 2 direct hits on the east coast, power out for days, clean up lasted weeks, enough to get people to take any storm seriously.

Resident Cosplay Progressive