Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    No,I don't think you did. Nostalrius was hosted in a country that gave blizzard the jurisdiction to close it down.
    could you move your nost bullshit back to the actually megathread for it?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    And, an interview in a magazine isn't an official report. So, what's the problem? Granted - Stockton dropped that number intentionally, no doubt - and might have even made sure they were asked about the sub numbers. Also, back when they announced no more sub numbers, that was in reference to the quartly reports to the stockholders.
    Read the post I replied to to understand what the 'problem' is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    could you move your nost bullshit back to the actually megathread for it?
    I never brought it up, but you knew that anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I never brought it up, but you knew that anyway.
    You are the one who continued it.
    Paula made a joke, you started the rest.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i do give a huge shit, i want wow to be the main cashcow for blizzard, so they put more invesment and devs in the game, making it huge, and keeping the content coming.

less people = less money = less devs = less content = dying game

i love this game, i care for its growth
    I see a flaw in that logic. We've seen the game be a huge cash cow and that didn't necessarily fund a better game. Actually, the game got worse if you really look at when it peaked. I guess all that cash flow was going into other things.

One could argue the opposite, less people = less money = uh oh we need to do better = more content = better game

We might actually have seen that exact scenario during wod.

Regardless, who cares. Game plays the same with 1 mill or 10 mill subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eu servers are starting to drop off again. No idea about American or Asia. Silvermoon EU had 120k at launch and in 1 month dropped to 50k as an example.
    if it would skyrocket up to 200-250k that sure wouldnt keep players that prefer to pay with currency either, i think it is a bit monitored

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    You are the one who continued it.
    Paula made a joke, you started the rest.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Who the fuck died and made you queen of the forum?

If you don't like it then feel free to put me on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by tripl3x View Post
    Counting tokens as subs doesn't count.
    Yes it does. They still pay blizzard, they just pay $20 rather than $15 or whatever it is where you live. Sure people can buy it with gold but the tokens have to be bought by someone in order to do that

Either way, you guys should've expected this thread to bring out the tin foil hat people. Happens in every thread where blizzard says something.

I play on silvermoon EU which is the biggest server in EU. Well if I judge from the trade chat, he is talking rubbish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    We can look at player activity and the activity is much higher than WoD but not that much.
    With what tool can you accurately do this? No one outside of Blizzard has the data to do this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    For my only selfish reason it would be good if people dropped this game. This genre is standing still because people are obsessed with "grind to keep", to afraid of losing gear.

Nothing is new for a casual player in wow, you must be a blind fanboy if you think that or extremely easily entertained. 1 week im totaly bored with WQ and dungeons. LFR raid was just as boring as in Mop. You get no sense of achievement or adventure doing a LFR raid. Only way to get dynamic gameplay in wow is mythic raids or ranked arena/BGs. Everything else is under the formula "grind to keep".

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is doing better and is travelling into better destination than in years. It's not surprising so many people are interested in the game and then again, it's not surprising if at least 3 million of those leaves after 1st month. Many people just likes to play for the "honeymoon experience".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If that's true since I can't understand what looks to be Polish or Russian then now they really have to keep players interested and not let it drop off again and again and again.
    There is no simple solution to that, as every player is unique.
    World quests will appeal to some as a continuous option for "something relevant to do", while others are burning themselves out from hitting them too hard.
    There is no solution which will suit all players.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    For my only selfish reason it would be good if people dropped this game. This genre is standing still because people are obsessed with "grind to keep", to afraid of losing gear.

Nothing is new for a casual player in wow, you must be a blind fanboy if you think that or extremely easily entertained. 1 week im totaly bored with WQ and dungeons. LFR raid was just as boring as in Mop. You get no sense of achievement or adventure doing a LFR raid. Only way to get dynamic gameplay in wow is mythic raids or ranked arena/BGs. Everything else is under the formula "grind to keep".
    You have your views, other people have theirs.
    Shows you to be ignorant if you must dismiss every view disagreeing with yours as being that of a "fanboy".
    If keeping to this model gets rid of people like you, then I welcome more of the same.

LFR is obviously below you, but you are there anyway.
    Shows the issue to be you, and you only.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-04 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Realm activity.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

Interesting enough as Horde participation dives Alliance increases, but that could be because people are making Alliance alts now (eg PVP). A better explanation in my opinion is that players want to experience the Legion story from the Alliance side now which is the most logical.
    That website isn't remotely close to being accurate considering the data for my server stops in June. Others stopped in August, May, July, etc. So they are completely excluded from being active...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Step 1: Refuse to report subs when subs are massively declining.
    Step 2: Report subs after an expansion launch.
    Step 3: Repeat from step 1.

And that is how you maintain the illusion that your game is more popular than it actually is. Just something I find funny, even though I understand why they're doing it.
    This is also how you ensure that nobody takes anything said by Blizzard seriously. What happened to the game company that used to be known for integrity and not releasing a game until it was ready? Miss those guys. A lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This is also how you ensure that nobody takes anything said by Blizzard seriously. What happened to the game company that used to be known for integrity and not releasing a game until it was ready? Miss those guys. A lot.
    Those rose tinted glasses tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Sigh. Must be nice being naive.

The reason they stopped is because players are easily swayed by sub numbers. The reason they shared the information "casually in an interview" is because they knew players would find out.
    They stopped because investors didn't care when the amount of subscribers didn't match the revenue coming in. It wasn't an accurate number that could be used for forecasting performance. Especially when over 1/2 your subs came from China where they pay less than $5 a month. So they dropped it. They were also the last MMO to do so.

We have 12 million subs but 4 million pay $5 a month, 1 million $3, 1 million $1 and the other 6 million outside of China varies between $12.95 and $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post

Sounds to me you got the formula to exactly what it takes for it not to be boring. At least to yourself, I mean. And that's good.

-

On topic: As if it wouldn't be obvious that subscription numbers would be mentioned... but only if shining in a positive light and thus a positive marketing move to actually share them with the public.
    I doubt the number would accidentally slip if they were at a record low, once again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    See you in half a year when subs decline will exceed even WoD records.
    That's all you got? If content patches continue to come out how will you addicts quit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    This shit kills me. I'm glad it's doing well again. I absolutely love how fucking stupid it makes some people look. Now what they have to do is learn from WoD and keep it going strong. WoD was in the same boat. Launch was amazing, everyone loved it, it had over 10 mil subs and then it fizzled out. But people who still regurgitate "dead game" slay me. 10 mil is immense especially when you consider the backlash from WoD.
    In WOD I had my 3rd alt leveled to 100 already and was bored out of my mind. I'm still progressing on my primary character, raiding and have a 102 and 104.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I play on silvermoon EU which is the biggest server in EU. Well if I judge from the trade chat, he is talking rubbish.
    So do I. The realm population has still lowered. I play on Medium pop servers with active as hell trade chat. Chamber of Aspects usually has a lot of people on trade. Warcraft realms is not a reliable metric of subs no but it was at 120k come launch and in 30 days has dropped down to 50k. Initial drop off is normal yes and it it still a populated server is what I said not "hurr durr Silvermoon is dying"
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-04 at 10:11 PM.