Please help me fix my embarrassing vengeance DPS

So I'm a little confused as to why my DPs is so embarrassingly low on our mythic nethandra kill last night. I'm currently 866. Part of it can be my gear is horribly unoptimized as I have 31% critical, but even with so much critical, I would assume my DPs would be higher.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...7979942/latest

My heroic parses are nowhere near as bad so I just don't understand where the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.

What... crit is the best dps stat for Vengeance.

WCL isn't loading right now so I can't see the logs, but just find the comment on crit mind boggling.

Also should keep in mind on a single target fight Vengeance dps is never going to surprise anyone. Especially since if you're playing properly you don't get to mindlessly spam Soul Cleave.

That's what I mean. I parsed like 90k when the top parsers are like 150k. I don't know where the massive gap is.

Just picked a random top parse in the same ilvl range and kill time https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

96.4% active time vs your 80%

28 Immolation Aura casts vs your 20

62 Soul Cleave casts vs your 29

8 vs 7 Soul Carver casts

5 vs 4 Fiery Brands

41 vs 18 Felblade

His Infernal Strike was actually hitting the boss when he jumped back in. Yours rarely did.

You have random uses of Throw Glaive for whatever reason.

But to sum it up, he is using all of his main dps abilities more then you and has far higher up time on the boss. That is the massive gap.

Holy Christ. I guess no more trying to save soul Carver.

Stats contribute a lot less than you would think. If you are doing more than 10k-20k less dps than the next person, it's usually you messing up. Also the secondaries are all extremely close for DPS.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=12&spell=118

A few times in the fight you cap on pain and don't spend it, despite the fact that you can easily use it, then get back up. I don't know the fight well enough to explain why there's a 33-second gap where you use literally no pain spenders at all, so someone else will have to rip you/not rip you for that.
    disco inferno

15+ Year Old Account
    Use Potion of the Old War. Pre-pot and go nuts with Meta + Fiery Brand and spam the crap out of all your damaging fire skills. You will most likely take aggro from your co-tank if he's first tanking. Then just keep up with your most damaging skills.
    Try to have all fire skills ready when Meta is up again and use another Fiery Brand and Potion of the Old War. Your dps will skyrocket and the boss doesn't hit so hard so you don't have to use defensive pots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Use Potion of the Old War. Pre-pot and go nuts with Meta
    Doesn't meta just give you +30%HP?

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Doesn't meta just give you +30%HP?
    Also increases pain generation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerio View Post
    Also increases pain generation.
    Yup, 7 pain per second.
    You could alternatively pop meta after Fiery Brand and spam Soul Cleave as it's not fire damage and the potion lasts 25 seconds. But I have 22% haste and we pop Time Warp in the beginning so I can spam pretty much everything very quickly.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are gonna run felblade, use it, 18 casts means you had no idea when to use it or you were trying to save it for whatever reason. You have 3 sigil of flame casts on a 6 minute fight when you shoud have around 9/12, infernal strike did 0 damage or my WOL reading is shit, it hits hard enough to not use it. Your soul cleave casts are WAY too low, therefore your healing is also low, so are your meta procs but that's rng so I'll leave that out. And even when you are worried about your dps, I would say you need to pay attention to mitigation aswell, your empower wards was way too low in a fight where you can get 10-15% agility per volatile rot, so there's another dps increase AND damage taken reduction.
    Sorry if I sounded rude, though.

Thank you all for the feedback. Went from 15%th percentile on our nethandra kill to 85% on our elenthre. Main issue was definitely me saving soul cleave, but also misuse of fiery brand and fel blade.