Thread: IP nerf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It is a very heavy nerf. I'm glad that it's much easier to refresh, but it's much weaker. Most of the time, it's been consumed from damage before I can refresh it. It definitely makes the healer's job harder, now. *Shrugs*
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    It is a very heavy nerf. I'm glad that it's much easier to refresh, but it's much weaker. Most of the time, it's been consumed from damage before I can refresh it. It definitely makes the healer's job harder, now. *Shrugs*
    Well healers are finally gonna have to heal us, which is harder than throwing a flash heal every 5 seconds I guess. Gonna see how we hold tonight but I'm not that fazed, an ip nerf was needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feels fine to me at my ilvl + mythic+/raiding content. Won't be as OP with even higher gearing now.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Not sure if i'm failing math, but went from 1.2m (rounding down) shield to 735k, isn't that more than a 33% nerf?
    i was going haste>mastery>crit=versa so i have 853(1.07%) versa...last night my IP was showing 1,039,771 damage absorption and now it is 698,365 which is almost 32.8% less than yesterday...so there has to be some nerf to versa scaling involved i guess.

They also fixed the Vengeance bug that made us have inflated ips (it considered we were using 66 rage instead of the 60 max) so that does factor in too. Vers scaling got fucked obviously. 20% of 1M and 20% of 666k isn't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    They also fixed the Vengeance bug that made us have inflated ips (it considered we were using 66 rage instead of the 60 max) so that does factor in too. Vers scaling got fucked obviously. 20% of 1M and 20% of 666k isn't the same thing.
    ofc...all i was trying to say was the initial nerf is not higher than 33%

Deleted
    I've not had to do any PvP after this change, so I'm not sure how squishy prot is now (I'm guessing very), referring mostly to having your gameplay interrupted by world PvP, but the SS rage change definitely helped with solo killing mobs and managing IP. This might seem like an irrelevant issue to people whose heads are only in raid stuff, but since our DPS specs seem to still be complete crap - especially fury - and we do need to do world quests with some spec, using prot seems like the choice to go with, and the fact that it functions better in everyday gaming is a bonus.

The mechanics could still be a bit better, in that I personally wouldn't have nerfed the rage gains from Revenge for example, but at least now they're close to being functional in solo gameplay, and the only thing left now is for them to balance IP around raiding, which is what they always do, regardless of whether it fucks up everything else.