Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Moonblade View Post
    I think it's time for a paradigm shift, no longer should it be red vs blue, but it should be nations standing with themselves and their close allies.

The strong High King of the Alliance is dead. His son is noble, but lacks the strength and experience to do what must be done. The new Warchief is controversial at best, using the Horde to pursue her own goal of immortality and increasing the territory and numbers of her forsaken.

Splinter them. Obviously the former allies would stay friendly (mostly) but there'd be more story opportunities with more factions and the ability for players formerly forbidden to walk through Thunder Bluff or Darnassus or Stormwind in peace working toward the common goal or being a soldier in the Army of the Light. Imagine going on a diplomatic overture toward Thunder Bluff as a nelf, only to fight Forsaken assassins looking to keep the area destabilized lest the tide turn against her coalition in Lordaeron (which would probably still be trying to expand/increase numbers of undead)
    Yes, yes, and yes!

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    Allowing players to group with members of the opposite faction in instanced content would be the single greatest change they could implement.
    Would definitely help people stuck on dead servers or on servers with 90% opposite faction. Merging the AH was one step towards helping them.

However cross-faction grouping will probably never happen because of pvp / world pvp nerds that scream outrage.

Deleted
    haha remove the factions ? haha! what thats just stupid, thats what the whole game is built opon even lorewise all the way back to warcraft 1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    This ruins faction balance and ends up making one faction a much less enjoyable playing experience.

Having classes specific to one faction would lead us right back to what happened in vanilla. A large majority of people playing one faction.
    Vanilla was about 60 to 40% in horde favor ( atleast on the 2 servers i played on ) But ally proved stronger beacuse of paladins beeing really strong. I would not call that " A large majority of people playing one faction"

I think one big problem with factions is that the game is already rife with precedents for neutral characters of every race. It seems pretty weird to pigeonhole players into this Alliance/Horde stuff when that's not even relevant to the story 90% of the time. There's also not a lot of reasons for Alliance/Horde divisions to be based on race in the first place - some races like Tauren are put into a weird spot that's never really touched on, because there's no elegant way to explain what their factional relationships are actually like.

Make the Alliance and Horde amalgamates of all races, divided on political lines. That works way better and seems more consistent overall. It's easy to conjure reasons for two player/character groups to fight, but the current all-encompassing Alliance/Horde entities are just a mess.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-10-05 at 03:43 AM.

Deleted
    On the 2 servers you played on lol.

Some servers it was 1:5 or worse.
    well then atleast this expansion is better, https://realmpop.com/eu.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Would definitely help people stuck on dead servers or on servers with 90% opposite faction. Merging the AH was one step towards helping them.

However cross-faction grouping will probably never happen because of pvp / world pvp nerds that scream outrage.
    How many of those clowns are there and why everyone else should care about them? There's one thing I don't get: why the fuck Blizzard is pushing this shitardery known as "world PvP", making new excuses in every expansion for it. A quick glance on any PvP server faction balance will reveal that people don't give a shit about world PvP even there - most of them are 99%:1%, effectively having no world PvP by players' own choice. Blizzard even admitted this situation several times themselves while talking about how they want to break that. If they'd add voting buttons on login tomorrow with question "do you want to permanently remove world PvP from game?", I'm pretty sure there will be 90%+ agreement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    haha remove the factions ? haha! what thats just stupid, thats what the whole game is built opon even lorewise all the way back to warcraft 1
    WC3 says "hi!".
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    How many of those clowns are there and why everyone else should care about them? There's one thing I don't get: why the fuck Blizzard is pushing this shitardery known as "world PvP", making new excuses in every expansion for it. A quick glance on any PvP server faction balance will reveal that people don't give a shit about world PvP even there - most of them are 99%:1%, effectively having no world PvP by players' own choice. Blizzard even admitted this situation several times themselves while talking about how they want to break that. If they'd add voting buttons on login tomorrow with question "do you want to permanently remove world PvP from game?", I'm pretty sure there will be 90%+ agreement.
    i dont think you are right since pvp servers are more favorable then normal or rp servers. sure people might not world pvp so much anymore, but thats simply because its not needed. in vanilla it was needed, to reach your " honor cap" ( when the premades stacked, u had to even go out and kill lowbies to get low honor to stack closer, and pvp was fun ) now its like why even bother, its no actual reward from it. i mean even levelers gained ranks, to get cheaper mounts and trinkets and stuff. in tbc people did wpvp because of Epen. arena brought out the worldpvpers and the gathering proffesions did the same. then it slowly disapeared beacuse there was no rewards from it.

Now in legion if i see an ally i feel bad if my spells acidentally aoe them. i think more they should make it rewarding to wpvp again.

I don't know about what the ramifications on gameplay would be if faction restrictions were removed, but from a lore perspective, Azeroth is/has been under assault from the Burning Legion, the Scourge, rogue dragons, Old Gods, etc. Huge threats that if not countered will wipe out or enslave all life on the planet. For the Horde and Alliance to still be fighting each other in such circumstances means that the faction leaders, if not the entire faction populations, are a bunch of complete idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    lol as if faction balance is a thing today or ever was.
    it was when cross servers was not a thing, now it doesent matter

i agree the horde vs alliance thing has gotten old and stale and with Anduine High king of the alliance it makes no sense to keep it as it is since he will go out of his way to end the war between alliance and horde

They can still keep the factions via Army of light vs The Legion or better yet Sylvanis makes her move one she found a way to make more valkyries and viciously betrayed the horde and create forsaken of every race except the Worgen of course because of their immunity making the Alliance/horde vs the forsaken

not this stupid shit again fucking hell.

I agree, "lore" can kiss my fat ass. It'll never happen though because Blizzard makes too much money from faction transfers.

Agree i wanna go horde but all friends are ally

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be okay with it if they removed all PvP aside from instanced PvP. PvP has been ruined for several expansions now anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    no thanks I like atleast some differences in factions to remain. Don't need a bunch of nelves/ humans etc running around in org and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I would prefer the opposite direction. More tension and more animosity between the two factions. There needs to be greater reasons to want to go to war and more of them.

Add to that, more distinction with more cultural uniqueness and a wider gap between their morals as factions.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Casualization changes everything. Factions are an outdated RPG element that don't belong in a raiding MMO game like WoW.
    You are absolutely retarded if you dont think wow is an outdated mmorpg

why even keep diversity at all ?

no. plain and simple. no.

10+ Year Old Account
    This ruins faction balance and ends up making one faction a much less enjoyable playing experience.

Having classes specific to one faction would lead us right back to what happened in vanilla. A large majority of people playing one faction.
    it certainly was not the sole reason. the game was new back then, there was so much to learn and so many other things broken.

the game has come a long way since then, it can be better balanced now while still restricting classes to factions.

removing some of the things implemented since then will help shift the homogenizing away.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Imagine a mage being able to teleport to all Alliance/Horde Cities....... love it.
    Probably never happen because who would you PvP with?