Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

7.1 Spell Changes

Okay Guys Obviously I am missing something here ?

Chaos Bolt Unleashes a devastating blast of chaos, causing [ 1 + 500% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage. Chaos Bolt always critically strikes and your critical strike chance increases its damage. 40 yd range. Instant. 100 yd range. Instant.

Some sort of mistake? I usually don't read ptr notes so no idea if it doesn't mean anything at all

These ptr notes are an insult to locks. Just that. Nothing changes, no mechanics are fixed, no buffs, just nerfs.

That spell is the portal one, not the usual chaos bolt.

Have you read those changes to PvP talents? @_@

Took them 11 years to offer us instant cast Immolate........
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Have you read those changes to PvP talents? @_@
    Looks like chaos bolt might become dangerous again. Unhavocable, but I can live with that. My biggest worry is that destro PvE chaos bolt won't get any buffs now :<

Edit: I feel like downloading the PTR now, just to see how ridicoulus that is. A 300% damage chaos bolt could be quite dangerous in PvP, and with something like backdraft the cast time on CB is only around 1-1.5 seconds. With 5 shards and a conflag, those 3 chaos bolts would be the equivalent of 9 current chaos bolts.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-10-05 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Looks like chaos bolt might become dangerous again. Unhavocable, but I can live with that. My biggest worry is that destro PvE chaos bolt won't get any buffs now :<
    I'd rather use the instant immo than beefy CB. Still gonna be difficult to cast, even more so if this makes it live xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    I'd rather use the instant immo than beefy CB. Still gonna be difficult to cast, even more so if this makes it live xD
    Ohhh, didn't notice that it now makes immo instant cast instead of consuming it. That row is actually pretty sick now.

Edit: And a talent to make conflag root targets! What is this!
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-10-05 at 12:31 AM.

100 yd range. Instant
    100yards? Shouldn't it be 40 yds instead (even tho on the notes it qrites 100)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomognomo View Post
    100yards? Shouldn't it be 40 yds instead (even tho on the notes it qrites 100)?
    I think it is our dimensional rifts getting a range buff. Not to spawn the rifts, but to make sure that once you have spawned them, they won't just sit there waiting for your target to come back into range.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    These ptr notes are an insult to locks. Just that. Nothing changes, no mechanics are fixed, no buffs, just nerfs.

That spell is the portal one, not the usual chaos bolt.
    Try reading, it helps with the process of learning.

Instant immolation and chaos bolt buff. The only nerfs were moving a few talents around. And some are going to help greatly in pvp like conflag rooting now. Lets hope these make it to live.
    Last edited by bonewax; 2016-10-05 at 01:23 AM.

I think it is our dimensional rifts getting a range buff. Not to spawn the rifts, but to make sure that once you have spawned them, they won't just sit there waiting for your target to come back into range.

I am confused by this. Isn't the chaos Bolt from the rifts already instant. why do people think it is that and not the actually spell Chaos Bolt ? Just wondering. As I confused from this

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I am confused by this. Isn't the chaos Bolt from the rifts already instant. why do people think it is that and not the actually spell Chaos Bolt ? Just wondering. As I confused from this
    Because there is no way in hell blizzard would let any class have a 100yd range spell. That is further than any hunter or even caster distance. Max for most ranged is 40yd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    Because there is no way in hell blizzard would let any class have a 100yd range spell. That is further than any hunter or even caster distance. Max for most ranged is 40yd.
    That is true. I honestly wouldn't even want it to be 100y. Because it would sound much more broken that it actually is and shine a false light on warlocks. I would rather have it hitting harder or getting twice the benefit from crit or something.

Edit: I feel like downloading the PTR now, just to see how ridicoulus that is. A 300% damage chaos bolt could be quite dangerous in PvP, and with something like backdraft the cast time on CB is only around 1-1.5 seconds. With 5 shards and a conflag, those 3 chaos bolts would be the equivalent of 9 current chaos bolts.
    I haven't seen the numbers but you have to remember that crit is only 50% as affective in pvp, and all the skills do less damage anyway. Even still I wouldn't be shocked if you could do a 1 million chaos bolt, which is stupid anyway. I hate when this game shifts more and more to fps style 1 shots instead of encouraging consistent good play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HwobkQT6zY

You can see Cobrak trying chaos bolt in bgs after the buff. He does around 275k regular, and 425k with firestone buff up.
    Last edited by BannedForViews; 2016-10-05 at 01:32 AM.

You would have to take reverse entropy as well to get in the 1.5s cast time for chaos bolt

Deleted
    You would have to take reverse entropy as well to get in the 1.5s cast time for chaos bolt
    That's true. The question then becomes, 10% damage or -.5 sec cast time. At the very least, having a PvP talent to increase chaos bolt damage by 200% and not be able to havoc it is miles ahead of incinerate refreshing immolate.

That's true. The question then becomes, 10% damage or -.5 sec cast time. At the very least, having a PvP talent to increase chaos bolt damage by 200% and not be able to havoc it is miles ahead of incinerate refreshing immolate.
    faster cast time is always a bigger deal in pvp than 10% damage. 10% of 0 is still 0.

If the rooting from conflag makes it to live *crossing fingers plz plz plz* then im hyped for destro. That would be a root every 12 seconds and damage doesnt break it so man thats gona be crazy. Firestone with instant immolates.
    Last edited by bonewax; 2016-10-05 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    If the rooting from conflag makes it to live *crossing fingers plz plz plz* then im hyped for destro. That would be a root every 12 seconds and damage doesnt break it so man thats gona be crazy.
    Definitely! Not having a root / slow has been a pretty big issue for me for a while when it comes to destro in PvP. Being able to survive / being a threat doesn't help much if pretty much any class / spec in the game can just run away from you if they should ever want to.

Edit: Firestone with instant immolates is not going to be a thing, the talent was moved. We now have 3 DPS talents in row 5, and 3 utility talents in row 6. Firestone, powerful chaos bolt, or instant cast immolate + 8% max hp conflag. Utility seems to be infernal stun (+ lord of flames), mortal strike debuff + dot on ground, and conflag root. Edit2: Nevermind, seems the infernal talent is becoming the conflag root, third option is havoc AoE.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-10-05 at 01:44 AM.

Definitely! Not having a root / slow has been a pretty big issue for me for a while when it comes to destro in PvP. Being able to survive / being a threat doesn't help much if pretty much any class / spec in the game can just run away from you if they should ever want to.

Edit: Firestone with instant immolates is not going to be a thing, the talent was moved. We now have 3 DPS talents in row 5, and 3 utility talents in row 6. Firestone, powerful chaos bolt, or instant cast immolate + 8% max hp conflag. Utility seems to be infernal stun (+ lord of flames), mortal strike debuff + dot on ground, and conflag root. Edit2: Nevermind, seems the infernal talent is becoming the conflag root, third option is havoc AoE.
    Ya you're right, i was used to firestone being level 28 instead of 43 now. Damn thats gona be a hard choice but 7s of 100% crit is just too good to pass up.