Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard is possessed by Sargeras

That's the only explanation for the Destro buffs.

Cremation - Immolate is now instant cast and Conflagrate deals an additional %8 of the target's total hp. *furiously fapping*
    Entrenched in Flame - Conf roots targets for until cancelled. This effect does not break from damage. (I didn't understand it much, but I think it's like a channeled root.)
    Focused Chaos - Increases the dmg of your Chaos Bolt by %200, but it no longer is also cast on your targets afflicted by your Havoc.

Buuuutt..... The last one is a blast. 100 yd range Chaos bolt. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF??????????????? I came so hard.

Destro is now the best caster in the game. Thank you Blizzard. I'd love these changes more if I was still playing.

I can hear the screams of melees from the future now.

Note: Immolate is the new Fel Flame now.
    Last edited by Felpacino; 2016-10-05 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    100yd range is for portals and that being mass effective range for spell to go off.

That is unless it's a datamining error to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    100yd range is for portals.
    You mean they increased the Gateway range?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    No, Dimension Rift and only after you already use it.

No, Dimension Rift and only after you already use it.
    Aaaaah ok. I've seen that problem in one of the Cobrak's vids. He was casting the Rift and it wasn't hitting ppl who went far away.

Deleted
    The rifts that you can spawn had the problem that they would not hit a target if they were more than 40 yards away due to movement from either the boss or the player. It also tends to spawn slightly behind you which makes it do nothing due to it being 41-42 yards away. So with this change the rifts will (almost) always hit the target instead of being out of range and doing nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    They increased the range of Dimensional Rifts for the get go.
    Previously you could outrange 2/3 rifts (shadowbolt / chaosbolt) rifts by running away (therefore the 40y mention).
    Now these two aforementioned rifts will have max range of 100y for their abilities, not the actual Dimensional Rift ability that you cast (the DR spell range remains the same).
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Deleted
    That's the only explanation for the Destro buffs.

Cremation - Immolate is now instant cast and Conflagrate deals an additional %8 of the target's total hp. *furiously fapping*
    Entrenched in Flame - Conf roots targets for until cancelled. This effect does not break from damage. (I didn't understand it much, but I think it's like a channeled root.)
    Focused Chaos - Increases the dmg of your Chaos Bolt by %200, but it no longer is also cast on your targets afflicted by your Havoc.

Buuuutt..... The last one is a blast. 100 yd range Chaos bolt. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF??????????????? I came so hard.

Destro is now the best caster in the game. Thank you Blizzard. I'd love these changes more if I was still playing.

I can hear the screams of melees from the future now.

Note: Immolate is the new Fel Flame now.
    Cremation is a PvP talent and will not work in PvE. Entrenched in Flame is almost certainly a bug in the data mine. You enter the arena and get a conflag of on someone and he is rooted for the rest of the match? I don't think this is how it works. The range is for the rift. Focused chaos is a pvp talent if Im not mistaking but thats ok. If you let a destro lock free cast you deserve whats coming to you.

By this point I'm starting to wonder how many more people will make threads about buffs after confusing rift spells for CB and SB...
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    By this point I'm starting to wonder how many more people will make threads about buffs after confusing rift spells for CB and SB...
    Lack of common sense is a usual thing in these forums.

to be fair they could off called them riftchaos bolt and riftshadow bolt :/

Quote Originally Posted by Trexer View Post
    Cremation is a PvP talent and will not work in PvE. Entrenched in Flame is almost certainly a bug in the data mine. You enter the arena and get a conflag of on someone and he is rooted for the rest of the match? I don't think this is how it works. The range is for the rift. Focused chaos is a pvp talent if Im not mistaking but thats ok. If you let a destro lock free cast you deserve whats coming to you.
    Destro was still good in PvE, but bad in PvP. These changes mean nothing in PvE, but mean everything in PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

The "common sense" which you have(according to you) came to you when you discussed this with other people. I wrote what I saw without checking and I don't regret that, since it's not my fault that they wrote "Chaos Bolt now has a 100 yd range, up from 40."

Your sense became common when other people starting to had that sense too, which makes common sense.

The only thing Blizzard is possessed by now is to keep their playerbase. This is why they biased towards melee, and all hard nerfs go to bottom tier spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    The only thing Blizzard is possessed by now is to keep their playerbase. This is why they biased towards melee, and all hard nerfs go to bottom tier spec.
    What? A company exists to create and maintain profit? What a preposterous idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    That's what I'm saying. These Destro buffs are so much, it's impossible that Blizz did those with their own will. I'm telling you, Sargeras is in the business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    What? A company exists to create and maintain profit? What a preposterous idea.
    He's talking about the shady stuff. Like NBA referees look the other way when Lebron travels. Without Lebron, a lot of ppl wouldn't watch NBA.

If the most played classes get nerfed, subscriptions will drop. Who cared about Locks? Most of the Locks will keep playing Locks, despite the nerfs. That doesn't apply to DHs, Hunters, DKs etc. Now that I've seen that they care about Locks.

Just datamined tooltip errors . WEnt on PTR still 40yards and shity damage . Nice affliction nerf overall . KEK

Deleted

The "common sense" which you have(according to you) came to you when you discussed this with other people. I wrote what I saw without checking and I don't regret that, since it's not my fault that they wrote "Chaos Bolt now has a 100 yd range, up from 40."

Your sense became common when other people starting to had that sense too, which makes common sense.
    Don't worry about him. He is an elitist with double standards who doesn't apply the same treatmeant to himself. Everyone else is an idiot and lacks common sense if they ask a question even if he doesn't know the answer himself he still finds time to smacktalk others.

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-10-05 at 06:03 PM.

He's talking about the shady stuff. Like NBA referees look the other way when Lebron travels. Without Lebron, a lot of ppl wouldn't watch NBA.

If the most played classes get nerfed, subscriptions will drop. Who cared about Locks? Most of the Locks will keep playing Locks, despite the nerfs. That doesn't apply to DHs, Hunters, DKs etc. Now that I've seen that they care about Locks.
    That's kind of exactly what I meant, but your metaphor is definitely better at explaining it. The easiest way to maintain profit margins is to focus on the biggest slice of your target audience first and the rest second. The "shady stuff" are a part of business. I didn't say you/we have to like it, but it does make sense from a pure business perspective.

Companies exist to generate revenue, not to maintain goodwill. Well, until you need to maintain goodwill with the audience to maintain profit margins, which I guess happened now.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2016-10-05 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Don't worry about him. He is an elitist with double standards who doesn't apply the same treatmeant to himself. Everyone else is an idiot and lacks common sense if they ask a question even if he doesn't know the answer himself he still finds time to smacktalk others.
    Which is exactly what you are doing now. Good one.

On topic about the 100yard range, if its not an error ofc its for the portlal chaos bolt, after you cast the portal. And yes its a common sence that its unlikely we get a single caster ability that has 250% range of all the others. You dont have to "cross sences" with others to figure that out. Good changes though. Hopefully that will change a bit the vanilla arcane mage playstyle destro has in pvp now
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-10-05 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Well, I would argue that people should get better at reading PTR patch notes if they insist on reading them. If a nuke suddenly has 100 yard range, it is okay to stop for a second and think "Hmm, would that make any sense?". Then when you have answered that, you take another pause, and think "Could this just be a data mining error, or a small part of a larger change?". After answering that, feel free to go to forums and yell about it.