Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    This discussion reminds me of the Gambler's Fallacy. Yes, the n-th reroll will be worse than having used Run Through n times. That, however, is not the situation you are facing when actually playing.
    When you are playing, your choice is not "reroll x times or use x Run Throughs", it is "reroll or use Run Through". [Quick note: This is only the case outside of AR+CotDB, where you give up on rerolling in order to maximise number of Run Throughs.]
    Whenever you need to choose between rerolling or using Run Through, rerolling is the bigger damage increase if you had a bad single-buff.

If you want, you can calculate how much each specific 2+ buff is worth, then multiply it by the chance it has to appear, then calculate the in total damage done between this 2+ buff and the single buff you had.
    It gets slightly more difficult when you need to factor in the damage your 1-buff grants you based on time it has left, but that's what these Sims have done and it's how we managed to end up with these reroll-guidelines.
    This conversation is hilarious because people have used the gambler's fallacy to explain why rerolling over and over is wrong. You can only say at what point re-rolling was a DPS loss in hindsight. Since you can't see the future, keep rolling for two buffs. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Schyzmo View Post
    I actually would be happy if we just got a weapon trait or something (Tier set bonus?) that caused it to never roll less the a 2-Buff. Basically add the chances that it would roll a single buff to the 2 buff. That would help minimize the variance in DPS we have by quite a bit (barring a 6 roll). Stays in the spirit of the randomness of the buff, but lowers the rage of rolling the same 1 buff over and over again....
    I'd love to see that replace the "adrenaline rush has your abilities regenerate a tiny bit faster" one on the tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I have a better solution. remove this garbage Spec and rename it back to Combat.

Everyone Happy.