Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger View Post
    So you know, I guess a mythic raid boss hits for about 3 times that bear you're talking about. Even IP nerf that would mean you'd need 2 full 60 rage IPs to even block one boss hit? Nah dawg. Nah.
    Lol back to Shaman you go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a "Learn2play" moment needed for the OP to me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    today I cleared heroic and rekilled the first two bosses on mythic. According to logs I took more damage overall but I hardly felt any difference. I don´t think it will be an issue tho I would still have prefered it to stay as it was after the Shieldslam nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I kinda felt stronger today than yesterday....and no i'm not trolling....i have 23%haste,39% mastery, 17% parry and "2%/1%" versa. my IPs were small yesterday compared to many other warriors....(just over 1mil) and its abit less than 700k now. and can keep up an almost 100% block (dont waste ur block if the boss is casting) and the same uptime on IP quite easily... if IP drops...no problem, cast it again! and btw if a single bear swing consumes an entire IP today, wasn't it like dropping it to 33% (400k) yesterday? i mean....u know!!!!!

Deleted
    delicious warrior salty tears
    /lick

Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    I did a little research and according to icy-veins (I am aware that they are wrong sometimes) it says that your stat priority for "Damage Reduction" should be Strength > Versatility > Mastery > Haste > Crit and for "High Shield Block Time" it should be Strength > Haste > Versatility > Mastery > Crit.
    Versatility is (was?) considered the best because it double-dipped by simultaneously reducing your damage taken and increasing the size of Ignore Pain. However, it wasn't a big difference between it and Mastery for mitigation purposes.

It's quite easy to maintain mastery over 50%, and I can even hit 61%--which gives me 32.22% total block chance, 61% crit block chance, and 40% attack power.

It really just depends of what you're fighting, and it doesn't hurt to keep gear sets for dealing with physical and magic heavy fights. However, there isn't a need unless you're a progression raider. Personally, I favor Mastery for the synergy with Dragon Scales and Scales of the Earth, but I would still have a complete Versatility set were I main tank for my guild.

Deleted
    Yeah, no. You're giving us nothing to work with here, you're making a claim that a mob (that does hit hard) removed an absorbation shield you put up (didn't actually touch your health). Why not show us any logs if you're that upset about it? Tanked a +8 Mythic the other day with 858 gear no real trouble.

Warriors are still one of the best tanks no doubt, don't start whining because we're not as strong in dungeons as we were before the balance nerf.

Deleted
    Tanked all of HC with 3 healers and first Mythic boss last night and honestly the change wasn't as big as I thought it would be. Sure your IP's get insta removed but you can do a lot more of them. Overall it's a nerf but not a huge one. Playstyle is way more buttclenchy now - your health spikes a lot more - but with the 20 rage slams it feels a lot less frustrating and it gave some feeling of control back.

Have yet to do M+ since the hotfix though. Have a feeling you'll notice the shitty IP's more in there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Surely there's no point in raging right now, we're having weekly hotfixes.
    Maybe next week crit will be our best stat. All this Haste/Mastery/Versatility discussion gets is boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Welcome to balanced tanking mate. How does it feel not to be overpowered? Wana try out a monk and then come back and tell us?
    annoys me that monks were quite OP throughout entirely of BRF to the point they could ignore mythic mechanics with guard and nobody batted an eye, but now that warriors are the strongest tank for a change everybody loses their shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a 856 ilvl prot warrior myself ... i can tell you the regular mythics are still a snooze fest. Tonight i'll try some heroic EN. looking forward to that.
    So far i am just glad i have rage to do stuff ...
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    im an older warrior guy, and i tanked 4 myth 5 instances today, and i notice a big increase in rage income, which is nice. I dont know how other warriors ever get to 60 rage.

Im playing warrior since classic, and since than it always was the saying " if u have a visible (more than 0) ragebar, u suck as a warrior".

So how could a warrior be able to go to 60 rage? i didnt have 60 rage as a prot warrior since i got stunned by molten giants in molten core, in 2005.

and i didnt have single 60 rage ignore pain in this whole addon. BUT in dungeons i have a 97 % uptime of schieldblock, and a 80 % uptime of ignore pain, and i dont get wrecked by bears melee hits with 20 ivl lower. YEP the size of the shield decreased, but we can apply it way more often, so uptime is nearly the same.

And i mostly tank medium to higher mythic + , not normals. I only noticed a little decrease in tankability overall (got killed once today by like 7 stacks of bolstering on 5 mobs, but hey nobody would survive that.)
    Hasn't been that way in a long time. Now they've slowed things down and want us holding onto rage for predicting when big hits are coming and dumping excess with IP.

Drives me nuts. I miss the wild and crazy HS until your carpal tunnel flairs up days, not this slow ass tanking we've had since cataclysm.

But yes, you're right, OP should have been dumping more rage into IP and keeping SB up as much as possible - especially with bears since they are straight physical damage. At least SB is cheap now, but frankly they should have made it free.

Hell, what they should have done was made IP a DR dump that would add a straight up reduction, then they should have given paladins the IP shield built into shield of the righteous. It's like they totally flipped how paladins and warriors worked for this expansion attempting to give warriors something better than shield barrier.

Deleted
    Considering everything will start hitting harder and harder as expansion goes on, IP will anyway fall behind straight up % reductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    Considering everything will start hitting harder and harder as expansion goes on, IP will anyway fall behind straight up % reductions.
    Which is normal since we have a % reduction of our own...

Deleted
    Not on unblockable damage (which usually is the thing that kills )

Deleted
    Hi
    I´m a long time reader first time poster

I want to give my 5 cents in the IP status. The first thing is to assume that the previous iteration of IP needed a nerf. But they are gone too far.

Right now we are starting to noticing it in mythic and mythic + but the problem will be worse as the content becomes harder.

If you see the amount of damage prevented by the skill, the cost and the gear needed to get the actual values it´s impossible to defend the current iteration of IP
    Seriously, I´m at 849 item level with 47% mastery and 10% versatility and it only measures for a lame 660K (base IP not accounting NS or Indom). This doesn´t make Mythic impossible but think closer about it:

Mythic drops 840+ itemlevel so I´m overgearing the content for a whopping 9 itemlevels but a full IP its consumed almost as fast as is cast with talents and gear focused in it.

Nobody sees a problem with it?

A full IP takes away 60 rage points that is 3 SS (9 sec cooldown minus haste / lucky S&B proc) or a fucking ton of damage eaten. Let´s put it in the best in case scenario:

SS + devastate + SS + devastate + SS (you know this NEVER happens but anyway)

Now I´m going to assume some haste, say a GCD of 1.3 seconds

That’s a fucking 6.3 seconds (in reality you know it´s about 10/12 seconds or way more if bad luck strikes).

So, when stars align we can cast a full IP each 6.3 seconds that will be eaten instantly
    Normally we can cast a full IP each 8/12 seconds that will be eaten instantly
    And when luck gods give you the back… 2/3 times a minute :-/

You will say “but you still receiving RFDT, so you have more rage than you are accounting” and I´ll say to you YES, but I´ve also got more buttons which spend rage, so I´m assuming the RFDT it´s going to those.

Long history short:

IP needed a nerf, but as usual Blizz has overreacted. Right now IP is worse version of “shitty barrier” a too much expensive button you press to obtain a shitty shield which is eaten instantly.

I say worse because at least shitty barrier used to prevent the 100% of the damage and scaled with resolve so one button press could prevent way more damage than the actual IP.

PS.
    I´ve all tanks at 110 so if it doesn´t change I´ll switch to Bear tanking… I can live with low ST damage…

Quote Originally Posted by visanzay View Post
    Hi
    I´m a long time reader first time poster

I want to give my 5 cents in the IP status. The first thing is to assume that the previous iteration of IP needed a nerf. But they are gone too far.

Right now we are starting to noticing it in mythic and mythic + but the problem will be worse as the content becomes harder.

If you see the amount of damage prevented by the skill, the cost and the gear needed to get the actual values it´s impossible to defend the current iteration of IP
    Seriously, I´m at 849 item level with 47% mastery and 10% versatility and it only measures for a lame 660K (base IP not accounting NS or Indom). This doesn´t make Mythic impossible but think closer about it:

Mythic drops 840+ itemlevel so I´m overgearing the content for a whopping 9 itemlevels but a full IP its consumed almost as fast as is cast with talents and gear focused in it.

Nobody sees a problem with it?

A full IP takes away 60 rage points that is 3 SS (9 sec cooldown minus haste / lucky S&B proc) or a fucking ton of damage eaten. Let´s put it in the best in case scenario:

SS + devastate + SS + devastate + SS (you know this NEVER happens but anyway)

Now I´m going to assume some haste, say a GCD of 1.3 seconds

That’s a fucking 6.3 seconds (in reality you know it´s about 10/12 seconds or way more if bad luck strikes).

So, when stars align we can cast a full IP each 6.3 seconds that will be eaten instantly
    Normally we can cast a full IP each 8/12 seconds that will be eaten instantly
    And when luck gods give you the back… 2/3 times a minute :-/

You will say “but you still receiving RFDT, so you have more rage than you are accounting” and I´ll say to you YES, but I´ve also got more buttons which spend rage, so I´m assuming the RFDT it´s going to those.

Long history short:

IP needed a nerf, but as usual Blizz has overreacted. Right now IP is worse version of “shitty barrier” a too much expensive button you press to obtain a shitty shield which is eaten instantly.

I say worse because at least shitty barrier used to prevent the 100% of the damage and scaled with resolve so one button press could prevent way more damage than the actual IP.

PS.
    I´ve all tanks at 110 so if it doesn´t change I´ll switch to Bear tanking… I can live with low ST damage…
    Just re-roll if you're unable to play prot warrior in its current iteration. I don't know what planet it takes you 6 seconds to get a shield slam proc but your numbers are just way off. Three globals of devastate i'd consider unlucky to not get a proc.

If you can't tank mythic then the problem is you not the class. The first mythic raid bosses Nythendra/Renferal i barely noticed a change, Ursoc thumped me a bit but we're just taking normal damage now instead of being broken to all hell.

Stop thinking the previous model was the right place for prot warrior because we were over powered as fuck, i feel like i actually have to sit up in my chair now when i'm tanking instead of having a nodding dog as my ignore pain macro so i was free to smack my focus rage binding with the broadside of my giant donger.

Quote Originally Posted by Emtee1986 View Post
    Just re-roll if you're unable to play prot warrior in its current iteration. I don't know what planet it takes you 6 seconds to get a shield slam proc but your numbers are just way off. Three globals of devastate i'd consider unlucky to not get a proc.

If you can't tank mythic then the problem is you not the class. The first mythic raid bosses Nythendra/Renferal i barely noticed a change, Ursoc thumped me a bit but we're just taking normal damage now instead of being broken to all hell.

Stop thinking the previous model was the right place for prot warrior because we were over powered as fuck, i feel like i actually have to sit up in my chair now when i'm tanking instead of having a nodding dog as my ignore pain macro so i was free to smack my focus rage binding with the broadside of my giant donger.
    I have an 850 prot war and an 860 bear...

This guy nailed it. /thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtee1986 View Post

Is not that I can´t tank. Is that IP does very little for a very high cost.

If blizz want to keep this power values then must reduce the cost to 40/45 rage max

Quote Originally Posted by visanzay View Post
    Is not that I can´t tank. Is that IP does very little for a very high cost.

If blizz want to keep this power values then must reduce the cost to 40/45 rage max
    I don't get this logic. What would you be spending the rage on if Ignore Pain didn't exist? There's literally nothing else other than the 10 rage cost for Shield Block. Claiming IP has a "high cost" is meaningless as "high cost" is relative.

IP isn't supposed to be a huge effect. It's supposed to be the Warrior equivalent to Death Strike, Gift of the Ox, or Light of the Protector.