Poll: Tea or Coffee?

Thread: Coffee vs. Tea

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't drink either. Caffeine is for drug addicts.
    You don't ever drink coke or red bull?

10+ Year Old Account
    <- Swede, so coffee all day every day.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Wow, I've only ever heard the other.
    Here's the Mayo clinic's chart of the various caffeine contents for coffee and tea. I was wrong about the numbers, but not the conclusion. Caffeinated coffee has a LOT more caffeine than tea

15+ Year Old Account
    I love a good cuppa [English] tea, with milk obviously, used to have an addiction to it but I don't drink much any more. Tea has the best taste hands down, but I gotta give it to coffee for helping me through them tough mornings where I was sure I was going to stab my boss.

When someone offers to make me a drink, go with coffee as a poorly made cup of tea is not only disgusting but also an insult to you, British culture, and the Queen herself! Any Brit who puts the milk in before the water should be sent away for reeducation and their parents hung for child neglect.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

10+ Year Old Account
    Coffee is for sissies who need it to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by xenaros View Post
    Any Brit who puts the milk in before the water should be sent away for reeducation and their parents hung for child neglect.
    You guys don't normally do that? That's another thing I was told growing up.

Milk tea in morning, Tea at noon.
    Coffee whatever I feel like it

Hi, I didn't read anything on here. I only saw the title on the front page but I can tell you it's tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You know there's decaf tea and coffee, right? I'll probably be burned at the stake for saying that, but I usually get decaf coffee when I remember to.
    I will not brew decaf. Decaf is the mind-killer. Decaf brings the little sleep that leads to total oblivion. I will embrace my caffeine. I will brew my beverahes, and let them flow through me, and when they are gone, I will remain...alert

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    It's a tea base, so yes. Even if there's a tiny bit of tea; just like how Starbucks frappacinos barely qualify as coffee, but they still qualify.
    yyyyyyaaaaaasssss!

Both taste like shit but I could drink tea once a year if I had to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like either, but I can tolerate tea whereas I can't stand the taste of coffee.

Caffeine/L-theanine combo pills are the only way to consume caffeine as far as I'm concerned.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy both, but I voted tea. Good tea holds up to repeated brewing, and one of the things to enjoy is how the brew changes across several rounds. I've had a few days off and it has been nice to kick back, game, and keep a cup of Da Hong Pao going.

For an ordinary day, I suffer through cups of instant coffee because that's what I can get easily here. I'm not drinking it for fine flavor, I'm drinking it to stay awake despite a severe sleep disorder because I prefer drinking too much bad coffee to taking the stimulants doctors want to put me on. I'd prefer something like No-Doze, but I've yet to find the right question to turn up its equivalent here.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I'm from America. I absolutely abhor the taste of coffee. I don't like anything coffee flavored either.

It's not like I haven't tried it. I forced myself to down a cup every single day, and the most I was able to achieve was simply tolerating it.

I do like several teas, especially with a little bit of honey added. I regret I don't drink them very often, but in the winter I tend to wake up with sore throats so I usually drink it more frequently around that time of year.

If I need caffeine I usually drink Diet Mt. Dew, Grape flavored Kick Starts, or sugar free/0 calorie Red Bull.

I don't like to drink caffeine at all if I can help it. I get tired sooner at night if I don't, and I generally feel all around better after I wean off of it. I'm of a belief that your body shouldn't need any kind of substance in order for you to feel at your best. There are times I go entire months without having any caffeine at all. The only time lack of caffeine stops me from feeling alert is the the two weeks after I stop having it.

However, there are also times, like now, where I have a running injury and I get five hours of sleep a night and just don't feel like it. Pound away!

I'm from New England, I must vote for coffee. Not liking coffee does not compute in my brain.

I don't get how coffee can improve cardiovascular health when it raises your heart rate. Doesn't make much sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    coffee is disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm British/American and I prefer tea... with milk.
    i thought you said you were italian in one thread...
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny
    i thought you said you were italian in one thread...
    I recall her as Scottish.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.