Page 1 of 188
... LastLast

Fresh FROST hidden artifact thread

Well... there we have it from a blue post. Search is over our HAA is tied to a world boss that hasn't spawned.

Thank you to everyone who searched, thought up ideas, found clever or poor ways to troll, and even those who asked the same question for the 500th time. It's been a slice watching the community come together. I'll update more stuff in this thread if it turns out that our HAA is more than JUST a drop.

The world bosses that haven't spawned yet are Na'zak the Fiend, Shar'thos, The Soultakers, Ana-Mouz, and Humongris.
    Last edited by winterson; 2016-11-02 at 02:49 AM.

Katha'natir can also be found on the broken shore by the broken horde airship.

As it was just mentioned in the big Post..u only get a check for the "Honoring the Past" Achievement if u have spoken to all Arthas in BI..so we might really need to figure out what the other 3 Hints are trying to tell us.

Edit: And thanks for the Post btw.
    Last edited by Beardymess; 2016-10-05 at 11:39 PM.

/run local _,_,_,a, b = GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(11230,1) print("Frost Hidden Appearance: "..a.."/"..b)

That's the check to see if you've completed Honoring the Past as an achieve.

Thanks bros, updated the main post

Vault of the Wardens has a small hallway called the "Vault of Ice" I didn't have a chance to do much in there, was with a pug. Just the name made me think of our struggle here.

Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    /run local _,_,_,a, b = GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(11230,1) print("Frost Hidden Appearance: "..a.."/"..b)

That's the check to see if you've completed Honoring the Past as an achieve.
    I have this as complete, you complete it by kneeling in Lorderon throne room

Thanks for setting this up!

Lets not forget of that good old quoting for this thread guys "Blizzard is not as creative as you may want them them to be." Remenber how dumb UNH turned out to be.

Anyhow im puttng my bets on a random drop from some world boss or the Lich King conversations that always turn false when running the script, those sounds very related to the frost artifact.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2016-10-06 at 03:23 AM.

Eyyy I'll be joining the hunt! Let's find this damn skin!

Let's do a quick round of the instances that may or may not have anything to do with it.

I'm thinking Maw of Souls, since it has Valkyr, and there's always that one Valkyr in the beginning who dies or something. I can't remember what the emote is off the top of my head.

Also maybe we should think about a spot out on the water, since we have an easy way of water walking and all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Let's do a quick round of the instances that may or may not have anything to do with it.

I'm thinking Maw of Souls, since it has Valkyr, and there's always that one Valkyr in the beginning who dies or something. I can't remember what the emote is off the top of my head.

Also maybe we should think about a spot out on the water, since we have an easy way of water walking and all.
    Maw of Souls one that dies is for speed running 2nd boss achievement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Running the script

Returns a 0/1 for me even after kneeling in all different kinds of spots in the Lordaeron throne room. Attempting this even got me attacked by several horde. (I doubt blizz would gate an appearance behind a pvp barrier for one faction as well)

Is there a specific spot or duration you must kneel for in order to have this complete?

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Running the script

Returns a 0/1 for me even after kneeling in all different kinds of spots in the Lordaeron throne room. Attempting this even got me attacked by several horde. (I doubt blizz would gate an appearance behind a pvp barrier for one faction as well)

Is there a specific spot or duration you must kneel for in order to have this complete?
    you have to be in frost spec and that is more likely to be related to a color variant for a skin not yet in game.

Thanks OP. Nice to finally have a thread dedicated to frost and not have to put up with more pointless "i got it using the same perimeters that everyone else posted 50 pages ago" from UH players...

Anywho. Going off the fact that kneeling is apparently related to gaining a colour variant, it would make the most sense (to me) that following Arthas' footsteps is key. Is there a chance that we do something similar to the Illidan "back in time" moments and either watch or participate in certain things he did?

Quote Originally Posted by FellGlint View Post
    Thanks OP. Nice to finally have a thread dedicated to frost and not have to put up with more pointless "i got it using the same perimeters that everyone else posted 50 pages ago" from UH players...

Anywho. Going off the fact that kneeling is apparently related to gaining a colour variant, it would make the most sense (to me) that following Arthas' footsteps is key. Is there a chance that we do something similar to the Illidan "back in time" moments and either watch or participate in certain things he did?
    No worries man! I've been updating the original post with extra info people are feeding in as well as my findings. As I mentioned, I've also been thinking kneeling and all that or at the very least going to the places Arthas had been. So far, I get nothing in Lordaeron or Andorhal so i doubt we'd get anything in farther Arthas related places.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FellGlint View Post

Well, there are two quest chains that do exactly this in northrend from the WotLK days. One leading up to the wrathgate event and the other in icecrown as you follow around Matthias Lehner.

I checked both and found nothing happening at all.

Highmountain one makes me think of Sylv and the Azsuna one makes me think about Deadscar

Probably 1000 casts of Sindragosas fury.

Quote Originally Posted by winterson View Post
    No worries man! I've been updating the original post with extra info people are feeding in as well as my findings. As I mentioned, I've also been thinking kneeling and all that or at the very least going to the places Arthas had been. So far, I get nothing in Lordaeron or Andorhal so i doubt we'd get anything in farther Arthas related places.
    While I don't have proof, myself and several others think that the initial trigger for our weapon resides within the Broken Isles. I also don't know what is still considered canon now as it's possible Arthas visited BI before or sent some troops there due to them never having sunk with the tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Well, there are two quest chains that do exactly this in northrend from the WotLK days. One leading up to the wrathgate event and the other in icecrown as you follow around Matthias Lehner.

I checked both and found nothing happening at all.
    The only other suggestion I have/had was to have Koltira as active Bodyguard and have a certain item equip on him and take him to a certain location.