Quote Originally Posted by Mazzinrot View Post
    That seems waaaaaay to easy comparing to all the things that have been mentioned here :P
    And besides, if it were a drop someone would have gotten it by now.

Deleted
    There is a rune ward npc so find one which you can mouseover?

Quote Originally Posted by Gromrik View Post
    I
    Aditionaly - why are there two NPC IDs with the exact same name? Captured Runecarver
    I get a bad feeling about this. Like, "Mysterious Camel Figurine" bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromrik View Post
    I've done a little bit research regarding the lead on Futhark <Master Runecarver>

To support the theorie of Futhark beeing the one dropping the appearance I compared the swordhilt of the Runecarver Model and the Skull in the 3D Model of the artifact skin - and its a 100% match. Try it yourselve

I found some Information on Wowhead.

Futhark <Master Runecarver> - NPC

Corrupted Runecarver - NPC (Students of Futhark)

Glowing Runestone - Item *Trigger?*

Elder Runecarver <Bladewind Raiders> - NPC Location: Open World

Captured Runecarver - NPC

Captured Runecarver - NPC *2*

Target - Runecarver Channel - NPC

Send Disgraved Runecarver Event - Spell

Conversation - Disgraced Runecarver - Spell

Decrepit Runecarver - NPC Location: Maw of Souls

To give the whole theorie a bit of a red line:

We will have to find the Glowing Runestone.
    Then maybe we find a Runecarver in Maw of Souls - the Hell of WoW where the Valajar get after beeing disgraced somehow.
    The maybe he wants to leave hell -> the only option is to be revived.
    After that we need to find his grave - revive him.
    After that he will be called Disgraced Runecarver.
    Tell us to capture a Runecarver to find his former Master Futhark to kill him?

And finally the Text of Futhark:
    95104;"Your presence is NOT welcome in OUR chamber! Your kind could never fathom the knowledge flowing through these runes!";"";0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;22522
    95105;"I won't bother with you, peasants. I'll let my students deal with your kind.";"";0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;22522
    95106;"Very well. I'll deal with you myself.";"";0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;22522

He refers to "Your kind" - Our kind are people who uses Runes on a daily basis and are known for that therefore have knowledge of runes.

/discuss

I did some digging in wowhead by 'Rune' today as well, applying filter by "added in Legion", but didn't give much credit to this, but that may be the thing.

Took a closer look now and the models are the same for Captured Runecarver (npc=101013), Decrepit Runecarver (npc=102769, wich is said to spawn in a cage in Maw of Souls), Corrupted Runecarver (npc=98848) and Valarjar Runecarver (npc=114363).

There's also a NPC called Twisted Runebindgs (npc=112613) that caught my attention, it has a Night Elf Model (which could mean nothing as well) but I guess it's unrelated.

EDIT1:
    I'm guessing that at some point we will have to find one of these mobs, kill it or capture it to get to Futhark

EDIT2:

There's a spell called Captured Runecarver (spell=194532), it has the effect: Apply Aura: Change Model (0)

There's another spell called Conversation - Disgraced Runecarver (spell=196975) which has these two effects:
    Effect #1 Unknown Effect (Effect #219) (746)
    Effect #2 Send Script Event (47590)

And anoter called Send Disgraved Runecarver Event (spell=197170) with the effect Send Script Event (47590)

There's some way for us to find out what these events are?
    Last edited by Caip; 2016-10-11 at 10:05 PM.

Just had a realization. All of the mobs except the dogs in Helheim are humanoid not undead. Starting to think that Helheim is the wrong area. The only real concentration of undead people is Stormheim at shield's rest and the field of kings.

The elemental looking things are undead for some reason, as are many of the mobs on the field of bones where you fight Helya's pet giant while questing there.

Didn't see this on OP but has anyone been using the scroll of forgotten knowledge weekly? It's an inscription item you can buy off AH. Only reason I wonder if this could be it is due to how scribes get the spell. Killing rune carvers to get a blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzizos View Post
    Didn't see this on OP but has anyone been using the scroll of forgotten knowledge weekly? It's an inscription item you can buy off AH. Only reason I wonder if this could be it is due to how scribes get the spell. Killing rune carvers to get a blade.

Doubtful since none of the other artifacts are tied in any way to crafting professions. In fact as far as I know the only appearance with any steps involving a profession is the Corrupted Ashbringer which requires you fish up things at various steps.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aroth View Post
    Doubtful since none of the other artifacts are tied in any way to crafting professions. In fact as far as I know the only appearance with any steps involving a profession is the Corrupted Ashbringer which requires you fish up things at various steps.
    Isnt a hunter skin crafted by an engineer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Isnt a hunter skin crafted by an engineer or something?
    The BM skin is purchased from any engineering supply vendor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminadrya View Post
    You got to be kidding me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzinrot View Post
    You got to be kidding me...
    It's a bit of an outlier given the almost visceral reaction a lot of players have by being pigeon holed into using a rifle. Granted the actual bow looks less than legendary (personally speaking)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminadrya View Post
    Hilarious, blizz even thinks huntards are for the dumbest of players, so much so that they made all their skins stupidly easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Articia View Post
    Just had a realization. All of the mobs except the dogs in Helheim are humanoid not undead. Starting to think that Helheim is the wrong area. The only real concentration of undead people is Stormheim at shield's rest and the field of kings.
    I'm thinking of concentrating any farming I do to blood spec farming up on the plateau at shields rest. Assuming the drop/npc/item/proc that starts the frost hidden appearance isn't tied to a specific frost ability, blood spec should be usable. Plenty of reports of non current spec appearances dropping in withered army scenarios. Might try frost first, but I'm quite a bit more squishy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hilarious, blizz even thinks huntards are for the dumbest of players, so much so that they made all their skins stupidly easy to get.
    I'm not sure it was that. A LOT of hunters hate the guns. Models, sounds, etc. I'm one of them. Main reason was the sound, but they quieted that down and it's tolerable for me now. In the case of the artifact, the bow alternative just looks like a clunky thing an engineer threw together, not remotely worth an extensive quest chain to acquire. I think it was a calculated decision to give access to that appearance out of the gate to keep people from abandoning the spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure it was that. A LOT of hunters hate the guns. Models, sounds, etc. I'm one of them. Main reason was the sound, but they quieted that down and it's tolerable for me now. In the case of the artifact, the bow alternative just looks like a clunky thing an engineer threw together, not remotely worth an extensive quest chain to acquire. I think it was a calculated decision to give access to that appearance out of the gate to keep people from abandoning the spec.
    Even if valid, that excuse really is not much better :P

Just makes hunters sound like whiny ADHD kids.

Edit: ANYWAYS, back on topic, it seems this Futhark seems like a pretty good lead. If i recall in the other thread people spent a few days focusing on Stitchwerk before everything was finally figured out, lets hope the same thing pans out here yeah?
    Last edited by Daevelian; 2016-10-12 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesofMachines View Post
    I can't say with certainty, but I remember watching the Restless Ancestors for a buff to show up so I could hit the branch asap. Even if I'm remembering right, I can't verify the buffs name, but I remember a buff.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed a match while doing a world quest (Border Reinforcements)technically in Highmountain yesterday

http://imgur.com/ImbuQkc
    http://imgur.com/aIlFcGN
    I scoured Highmountain, Stormheim and Shields Rest but none had the glowing eyes like that. Where did you find this guy?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed a match while doing a world quest (Border Reinforcements)technically in Highmountain yesterday

http://imgur.com/ImbuQkc
    http://imgur.com/aIlFcGN
    I scoured Highmountain, Stormheim and Shields Rest but none had the glowing eyes like that. Where did you find this guy?

I want to say that's down by stonehoof watch but it might only been when they're being invaded...

So they think we are some sort of geniuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithus View Post
    I want to say that's down by stonehoof watch but it might only been when they're being invaded...
    Correct. They were attacking Stonehoof Watch as part of the world quest. Haven't seen em anywhere else, or any other time. I doubt they're related, but I figured I'd show them since they technically are a match.

Deleted
    Seems like blizzard knows that only 14 yearold super intelligent psychopath edgelords play dk. Thats why the skin is so difficult to find.