I've killed shivermaw on normal, nothing to report.

Deleted
    There is 2 maps around in our class hall, one next to the Mythic+ chest on the floor and one on the table next to the NPC Fester, anyone better at making sense of maps than me who has checked those?

Quote Originally Posted by SoFilthy View Post
    There is 2 maps around in our class hall, one next to the Mythic+ chest on the floor and one on the table next to the NPC Fester, anyone better at making sense of maps than me who has checked those?
    It could be a topigraphical map instead of one showing bodies of water. It also lacks a compass rose, so it could be any orientation.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, if anyone has read Ready Player One, think back to the first key location.

Topographical map overlaid on top of another map... Is anyone able to take that image and superimpose it anywhere else to see if it matches in any orientation? I find it hard to believe that we have a map or two in our base and they're simply flavor text.

Has anyone figured out what the small map on the floor near the mythic chest in the order hall?

I have a challenge for the Frost DK community. Go to your local auction house, buy a Scroll of Forgotten Knowledge (SoFK), and use it. My thesis is that SoFK has a rare chance to change into Runes of the Darkening (RofD) for Frost DKs.

What is a SoFK, you might ask? They are an Inscription created item that is this expansion's version of Card of Omens(CoO). CoO was a silly gambling card that transformed into a different card. Most of the time the new card was a piece of garbage worth a couple silver but rarely you got a card that rewarded you with lots of gold.

This expansion:
    1) It is a Scroll instead a card. RotD is written on a scroll in the icon.
    2) It is a scroll of forgotten knowledge. RotD is "written in an ancient language that no living soul remembers."
    3) Inscription Scribes learn to make SoFK by venturing into Helheim and mastering Vrykul runes.
    4) You can only use SoFK once a week. This reduces RotD's discovery occurance.
    5) CoO was deemed "worthless" and "a waste of mats". If SoFK is considered in a similar light, this reduces RotD's discovery occurance even more and may be why no one has found RotD yet. Do you know anyone who regularly uses these scrolls?
    6) The bar for entry is as simple as going to the AH and making Inscription not-worthless.

CoO had a rare chance to turn into something amazing; maybe SoFK does too. It didn't work for me, but I can't try again for another week, so everyone needs to try at least once, and if it is true, one of us is bound to get it.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is just another crackpot "go to Maw one more time" theory, but other that a bit of gold, what do you have to lose?
    Last edited by Futhark; 2016-10-19 at 07:56 PM. Reason: editing

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I have a challenge for the Frost DK community. Go to your local auction house, buy a Scroll of Forgotten Knowledge (SoFK), and use it. My thesis is that SoFK has a rare chance to change into Runes of the Darkening (RofD) for Frost DKs.

What is a SoFK, you might ask? They are an Inscription created item that is this expansion's version of Card of Omens(CoO). CoO was a silly gambling card that transformed into a different card. Most of the time the new card was a piece of garbage worth a couple silver but rarely you got a card that rewarded you with lots of gold.

This expansion:
    2) It is a scroll of forgotten knowledge. RotD is "written in an ancient language that no living soul remembers."
    3) Inscription Scribes learn to make SoFK by venturing into Helheim and mastering Vrykul runes.
    5) CoO was deemed "worthless" and "a waste of mats". If SoFK is considered in a similar light, this reduces RotD's discovery occurance even more.

CoO had a rare chance to turn into something amazing. It didn't work for me, but I can't try again for another week, so everyone needs to try at least once, and if it is true, one of us is bound to get it.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is just another crackpot "go to Maw one more time" theory, but other that a bit of gold, what do you have to lose?
    If this is it... the second this gets found out, someone will inflate the crap out of those lol.

This expansion:
    5) CoO was deemed "worthless" and "a waste of mats". If SoFK is considered in a similar light, this reduces RotD's discovery occurance even more.
    6) The bar for entry is as simple as going to the AH and making Inscription not-worthless.

CoO had a rare chance to turn into something amazing. It didn't work for me, but I can't try again for another week, so everyone needs to try at least once, and if it is true, one of us is bound to get it.

i really like that theory, i can see the price of this thing going up already, maybe ur just a scribe and you are saying that cuz you want to get some money, lol, but i still like that theory

Deleted
    I bought 3 of those just in case. They are 80g each so...

I used one and first aid was increased. Nothing more. Lets see next week.

This expansion:
    5) CoO was deemed "worthless" and "a waste of mats". If SoFK is considered in a similar light, this reduces RotD's discovery occurance even more and may be why no one has found RotD yet. Do you know anyone who regularly uses these scrolls?

I'll do it. I got more gold than I'll ever need.

Deleted
    Have we tried killing the Dreadlord on the broken shore multiple times? I've just gone on the small islands underneath our class hall. Nothing really there however didnt search to see if there was any hidden caves.

Used scroll of forgotten knoledge, got cooking skill, lets see next week.

Got 250 AP, not bad I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so why does the DK class hall map have an extra island on? south of broken shore, east of eye of azshara?
    I imagine that map was designed early in beta and the island would be thal'dranath, which was scrapped during developpment. I haven't checked the map you're refering to but thal'dranath used to be beneath the isles that are right under Acherus.
    edit: Sorry missed the other response you got earlier

anything in the cave where arthas first picked up frostmourne in dragonblight? or the spot where he fought illidan front of icc?

Archaeology was mentioned a few pages ago. I couldn't log in at the time, but I want to mention that if it is tied to archaeology, it's probably through either the Black Rook Key, which opens up a new room in Black Rook Hold, and becomes available in a little over two weeks, or from the Key to the Narthalas Academy which appears to allow access to a new instance of Nathalas Academy. That one won't be available until January 24.

This expansion:

CoO had a rare chance to turn into something amazing; maybe SoFK does too. It didn't work for me, but I can't try again for another week, so everyone needs to try at least once, and if it is true, one of us is bound to get it.

Guy who spread rumors of unholy hidden appearence requiring menagerie glyph and earned millions on it, is it you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Arthas(Lich King) is considered the Prince of Darkness and the runes are called "Runes of the Darkening." possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Guy who spread rumors of unholy hidden appearence requiring menagerie glyph and earned millions on it, is it you?
    Haha, no. I didn't even know about that.

Full disclosure though: I did reroll from Blacksmith to Inscription last week because making glyphs, Vantus runes, the Futhark NPC, and Runes of the Darkening made the profession seem like like a good lead to pursue. That's how I learned about the "Ancient Vrykul Mastered" quests. Plus Blacksmithing was boring as hell. I definitely won't be making millions with my Inscription at level 5, Herbalism at 35, and bags with 40 herbs in them.

Well my DK is already a scribe so I can do this myself. So far I've has SoFK give me exp (when below 110), random Legion rep, and AP.

On that note, is there any chance Inscription is in some other way involved? Seems like a fairly logical thing for scribes to make a Rune. And considering how nobody cares about Inscription these days maybe something slipped past beta.