[Prot] Is Icyveins allright for optimisation?

Hi guys,

So from what I see in game I'm not sure of what is written in the Icyveins guide for prot. I went for a full versatility orientation but I feel like haste is stronger... What do you think?

And how can I see my performance as DPS can do with logs? I'm not to familliar with logs so I don't know how to exploit it being tank.

What about simcraft? Is it relevant with tank?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hi guys,

So from what I see in game I'm not sure of what is written in the Icyveins guide for prot. I went for a full versatility orientation but I feel like haste is stronger... What do you think?

And how can I see my performance as DPS can do with logs? I'm not to familliar with logs so I don't know how to exploit it being tank.

What about simcraft? Is it relevant with tank?
    For you, yes icyveins / wowhead are more than fine guides to go by.
    You can't measure a 'tank performance' like you can a dps (unless you go by the dps you're doing as a tank ofc), best to look at things like how often you die, buff uptimes etc.

Regarding haste for Prots - is there a sweetspot you want to reach?

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    For you, yes icyveins / wowhead are more than fine guides to go by.
    You can't measure a 'tank performance' like you can a dps (unless you go by the dps you're doing as a tank ofc), best to look at things like how often you die, buff uptimes etc.
    Do you have the stat weight?

Even when one stat is better, it doesn't mean the other is useless. Some are better for survival and others for dps. Some are good for both. We won't get to choose perfect itemization on our raid drops either. So yeah, haste and versatility are both good stats for us right now, but don't stress over it unless you're buying crafted.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"