Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Absolutely awful story

7+ Year Old Account
    This is just plain awful. If the mother of the "child" who orchistrated this crime can't control their spore, than the kid needs to go to a facility that can take proper care of him..
    You come get the voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    How is "trying to burn someone to death with fire" only arson? I thought arson was trying to destroy things with fire, like property.
    Sadly, the first thing I thought of when I saw the headline was "youtube challenge".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Yeah well children can be idiots, try them as adults and let them rot in prison for all i care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    how the hell is this arson only? Unless we're missing details, NOTHING in Texas law would say this is just arson.

Im going to go with, if no details are missing, retarded small town with retarded small town cops.
    Total agreement. I mean they lured the child there evidently and that indicates premeditation as well as criminal intent. I think you summed it up well. Retarded small town, with retarded small town cops. Wouldn't surprise me if I heard that the Police Chief knew the parents of the assailant.

No, cases like this are embarrassments to the justice system. Res ipsa loquitur, the facts here speak for themselves. You don't "accidentally" go out and light an individual on fire. Moreover an individual is not chattel or property, and if Texas treats people with special needs that way, then that's just disgusting and needs to be changed immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be attempted murder.

Try the little shits as adults. They knew what the fuck they were doing at age 9, 10 and 11 was wrong.

wtf.
    i have no other words.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Of course it was premeditated, they lured him there. The death penalty is inappropriate here, just incinerate them in town square. How are they charged so lightly for enacting something from the Holocaust?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In Texas people with special needs are things. /s
    Bingo, they even execute them down there. God's country, salt of the Earth and all that. Swell people
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Of course it was premeditated, they lured him there. The death penalty is inappropriate here, just incinerate them in town square. How are they charged so lightly for enacting something from the Holocaust?
    its the initial charge not the final one they are taken to court for, prosecutors charge suspect with something they know they can convict on in order to hold suspects in jail until they can build a solid case for the higher crimes.

Those kids are a lost cause. Lock em up for life.

Investigate their parents cause they had to have learned it somewhere. If not directly from them then surely from unfiltered internet access. Check their internet history. I wouldn't be surprised if they found videos of animals (maybe even people) being burned alive. i'm sure each kid has their own smartphone or tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Total agreement. I mean they lured the child there evidently and that indicates premeditation as well as criminal intent. I think you summed it up well. Retarded small town, with retarded small town cops. Wouldn't surprise me if I heard that the Police Chief knew the parents of the assailant.

No, cases like this are embarrassments to the justice system. Res ipsa loquitur, the facts here speak for themselves. You don't "accidentally" go out and light an individual on fire. Moreover an individual is not chattel or property, and if Texas treats people with special needs that way, then that's just disgusting and needs to be changed immediately.
    the arrest was last night and if memory serves charges have to be filed within 24 hours in order to hold someone, so prosecutors will charge someone with a crime they know they can prove before they move on to building a case for the more serious charges.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

C'mon... don't evoke res ipsa loquitur when you're not even utilizing it correctly nor giving it the due jaundiced opinion it deserves. It isn't a standard of anything for actual negligence and mere contest of the facts removes it entirely as it is a very weak evidence standard. The involvement of all persons and such can't easily be inferred only by existing burn injuries and a burned field, which is why you don't use it for intentional acts at all.

Lord Shaw, Ballard v North British, "If that phrase had not been in Latin, nobody would have called it a principle."

It is an INITIAL charge. Intentional acts upon a person that aren't directly witnessed, of which intent matters and is currently unknown, should not be charged at all until the DA gets his hands on everything they find out. Preliminary smells and stinks of exceptional levels of malice and wrongdoing still need investigation and still further need to be tried in court.

Finally, Texas doesn't treat special needs kids as "things" so all inferences to that are flat out moronic. The initial, easy charge is that fire was set and was set deliberately and we have a child burned and a field burned. The child burned presents a bevy of possible charges, the field is a no-brainer. The arson charge takes no effort to go get the kid, and remember these are children all of them, so ANYONE IN LAW is going to be squeamish about calling an 11yr old an attempted murderer. Family law tends to force that perception so let's not go nuts blaming "backwards" Texas for something that isn't there.
    Last edited by Fasc; 2016-10-06 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Thought that was family guy?
    thats right, i mean it's basically the same cast isn't it

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KkVhpsMEmB...for+itself.jpg

that sucks i hope they fry the evil bastards. glad to hear he's still alive though.

That poor boy will never be able to trust someone again. Kids can be really cruel.

Deleted
    I came in here thinking about making a poor joke about what kind of special needs needs to be immolated, and now i just feel bad.
    sick fucks.

The Youcare thing seems to be up too 100 000 though so that's a heartwarming thing.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2016-10-06 at 07:50 PM.

Just put the kid that set him on fire down. If he's already doing such terrible things at his age then you know he's never going to be a contributing member of society. Don't bother sending him to an institute where he will suck up millions of dollars in tax money. If you want to do the best thing for society, just put him down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomac View Post
    Those kids are a lost cause. Lock em up for life.

Investigate their parents cause they had to have learned it somewhere. If not directly from them then surely from unfiltered internet access. Check their internet history. I wouldn't be surprised if they found videos of animals (maybe even people) being burned alive. i'm sure each kid has their own smartphone or tablet.
    External influence or not, the kid that did this is for sure a sociopath.

This is crazy. We go to kerrville all the time. Especially for the 4th of July. Gorgeous little town with awesome people.

Poor little guy. Hope he makes a full recovery.

And how is Texas known for capital punishment and this is just arson ? I'm not suggesting we death penalty these kids but a harsh punishment seems in order