Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'd just like for Silvermoon to be relevant once more (if it ever truly was). It's a beautiful place and it's a shame to see it go so underutilized. They should follow Dalaran's example and levitate Silvermoon to the Broken Isles.
    I felt like they had their chance when the Sunreavers split from Dalaran, but instead it feels like they made Aethas kiss their arses and they were instead absorbed into the Tirisgarde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Personally i'd like it more if Dalaran remained Alliance-only, meanwhile horde magi are based from Silvermoon. I wish that everything magical/ mage related wasn't monopolised by them.
    I actually agree somewhat. While I prefer a neutral Kirin Tor, it would have been a cooler storyline if the Blood Elves rejected the idea of joining the Kirin Tor and instead became their rival. Well, superior. Human magi can't compare to their elven counterparts, with the sole exception of the Guardians.

I'd just like for Silvermoon to be relevant once more (if it ever truly was). It's a beautiful place and it's a shame to see it go so underutilized. They should follow Dalaran's example and levitate Silvermoon to the Broken Isles.
    Why would you move your main population center to the front line of a war zone..? If Dalaran gets blown up, then that's the end of Dalaran -- again, but if Silvermoon were to get blown up that'd be the end of the blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    To be honest, any city will be better with a clearly insane leader being gone. And khadgar is dank dude, so it finally has a right man in right place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan009 View Post
    Why would you move your main population center to the front line of a war zone..? If Dalaran gets blown up, then that's the end of Dalaran -- again, but if Silvermoon were to get blown up that'd be the end of the blood elves.
    Silvermoon DID get blown up once

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan009 View Post
    Probably not move the entire city and its civilian base, just reconstruct the destroyed portion (which is still barren after years oddly enough) and launch it skyward to create a floating beachhead.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    it got reduced to rubble by Scourge, cant recall it ever getting blown up tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    just to clear this up too, I have 12 alliance alts at lv 100-105 and leveling, including my alliance main draenei monk. Why anyone nowadays would stick to playing one faction seems ridiculous to me.
    Omg me too on the first sentence, except its a main nelf DH. Alt-aholics unite!

I actually agree somewhat. While I prefer a neutral Kirin Tor, it would have been a cooler storyline if the Blood Elves rejected the idea of joining the Kirin Tor and instead became their rival. Well, superior. Human magi can't compare to their elven counterparts, with the sole exception of the Guardians.
    Except for the fact that almost every notable mage in history has been a human, and blood elves only have 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Except for the fact that almost every notable mage in history has been a human, and blood elves only have 1.
    Blood elves only have one notable mage in history?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Personally i'd like it more if Dalaran remained Alliance-only, meanwhile horde magi are based from Silvermoon. I wish that everything magical/ mage related wasn't monopolised by them.
    And I wished everything Alliance-related wouldn't be made neutral, just so the Horde can have it too.
    We're two sides of the same coin, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Blood elves only have one notable mage in history?
    Kael'thas is the only one that's ever done anything. Who else? Rommath? Never done shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas, Rommath, Dath'remar, Songweaver, Sunreaver

Compared to humans who have had the guardians, who are only powerful because they have the combined magic of many in them, Jaina who is not nearly as powerful as people claim she is, Khadgar who is actually probably the strongest mage alive at the moment, The rest of the council of 6, which we don't have a clear gauge on their power. Human mages are described as more raw power, and elves as more focused and precise.

- - - Updated - - -

Kael'thas is the only one that's ever done anything. Who else? Rommath? Never done shit.
    Rommath Rebuilt silvermoon, Aethas practicaly laughed off Jaina's most powerful arcane attack. Don't confuse in game representation with the only lore on characters.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I disagree. Rommath has enough of an established presence in the lore to make him notable, as does Aethas.

I disagree. Rommath has enough of an established presence in the lore to make him notable, as does Aethas.
    Like what? Rebuilding Silvermoon doesnt make him a good mage. Aethas has never done anything to demonstrate his skill as a mage. Dath'remar was a Night Elf who founded Silvermoon. Anasterian's only contribution was dying to Arthas.

The average Blood Elf knows more than the average human, sure. Most humans dont know anything about magic. But when it comes to powerful mage users, almost all of them are human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like what? Rebuilding Silvermoon doesnt make him a good mage.
    using magic to rebuild a ruined city makes you a pretty good fucking mage.

Aethas has never done anything to demonstrate his skill as a mage.
    the Mage manga shows him out to be just as good As modera. Dath'remar was a high elf upon the founding of Silvermoon.

Anasterian's only contribution was dying to Arthas.
    Thats like saying Teneras only contribution was getting killed by Arthas.

The average Blood Elf knows more than the average human, sure. Most humans dont know anything about magic. But when it comes to powerful mage users, almost all of them are human.
    Guardians don't really count as a normal mage, You have Khadgar, every other human mage currently in WoW shows no indication any of them are stronger than Rommath or in Aethas' case, his equal.
    Holy shit lol

I don't really recall that, but regardless, 90% of their population was wiped out last time someone seriously moved on Silvermoon. Not sure that's a good idea to be playing around with the lives of their remaining populace.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably not move the entire city and its civilian base, just reconstruct the destroyed portion (which is still barren after years oddly enough) and launch it skyward to create a floating beachhead.
    That sounds like a better idea, yeah, although at that point, I'd just vote to make a magic gunship.

Damn, I'd actually love to see a blood elf gunship.
    Last edited by Kerrigan009; 2016-10-07 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    using magic to rebuild a ruined city makes you a pretty good fucking mage.

the Mage manga shows him out to be just as good As modera. Dath'remar was a high elf upon the founding of Silvermoon.

Thats like saying Teneras only contribution was getting killed by Arthas.

Guardians don't really count as a normal mage, You have Khadgar, every other human mage currently in WoW shows no indication any of them are stronger than Rommath or in Aethas' case, his equal.
    Where is it stated that he rebuilt the city using only magic by himself? Aethas being as good as Modera doesnt mean anything if they cancel each other out. My point about Anasterian is that he never did anything magical to demonstrate his power. Basically the only thing we know about him was that he was Kael'thas' father and he got killed by Arthas. Guardians dont count because reasons? All the guardians were already exceptional mages before being chosen with the exception of Medivh.

You spout about Rommath one of the greatest mages in existence all the time, but what has he DONE to show that? Rebuilt Silvermoon? You could say the same thing about the Kirin Tor and Dalaran, which is an even greater feat because its flying? All he does is sit in Silvermoon and whine about how the Kirin Tor betrayed the Blood Elves.

Like what? Rebuilding Silvermoon doesnt make him a good mage. Aethas has never done anything to demonstrate his skill as a mage. Dath'remar was a Night Elf who founded Silvermoon. Anasterian's only contribution was dying to Arthas.

I never mentioned Dath'remar. The original statement was that blood elves only had one notable mage. Both are notable, and both powerful. If this was not the case, their advancement to archmages in Dalaran would mean the Kirin Tor is inept.

As to the actual topic, Khadgar takes risks others wouldn't and is sometimes blind to the consequences of his actions, but overall has more experience than Jaina. His non-aggressive stance towards the Horde is also a pretty important aspect. I'd say Dalaran is better off in his hands.

Where is it stated that he rebuilt the city using only magic by himself? Aethas being as good as Modera doesnt mean anything if they cancel each other out. My point about Anasterian is that he never did anything magical to demonstrate his power. Basically the only thing we know about him was that he was Kael'thas' father and he got killed by Arthas. Guardians dont count because reasons? All the guardians were already exceptional mages before being chosen with the exception of Medivh.

You spout about Rommath one of the greatest mages in existence all the time, but what has he DONE to show that? Rebuilt Silvermoon? You could say the same thing about the Kirin Tor and Dalaran, which is an even greater feat because its flying? All he does is sit in Silvermoon and whine about how the Kirin Tor betrayed the Blood Elves.
    I didn't realized I'd stepped into some "Humans vs. Elves" debate. I'll kindly see myself out of that, thanks.

I never mentioned Dath'remar. The original statement was that blood elves only had one notable mage.
    Wasnt meant just for you, but the post above you. I just was lazy and didnt quote it.