Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This change is pretty idiotic. Now it will be very good to tank the timer on certain runs.

Say you have a 2 DHT and no one in group needs gear from DHT. Just afk before Shade of Xavius and drop a +3 run down to a +2 or a +2 down to a +1.

Now you have a 3 or a 4 of a different dungeon. You can literally use this to reroll your dungeons without hurting your AP per hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, this whole +2 farm was getting seriously boring and really it was seriously dumb that this was the best way to do M+ aside from weekly +10 once.

Looking forward to seeing more high level M+ around now.

My only complaint about it is what took them so long to realize that M+2 effectively gave the best rewards.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-07 at 07:59 AM.

Why is every dungeon rewarding the same base AP when BRH is something like 55% longer than Maw? If the base AP for Maw 5 is 800, BRH 5 should be rewarding ~1,250. And so on for every timer.

Also this HEAVILY incentivizes upgrading keys one at a time.

I know Blizzard is taking the "long view" that we'll all have maxed out weapons by christmas anyway so AP isn't "that valuable", but right now what have we really got outside of raid hours? AP farming, with side orders of titanforge and herbalism.

Deleted
    Looks like we're back to gold boosts :P Might finally solve the QQ over flask costs.

as you did from grinding effortless 2's

Well then. Guess this speaks for itself.

Deleted
    I really enjoy running m+, +5 and above is challenging and fun as long as you don't pug (too toxic). M +2 is barely any different from normal mythics, quite easy and boring. So I for one am happy about the change.

I don't get it. So the "proper" way now is to make sure you do the 1 chest run, so you don't waste AP? Every time you doing well, you are doing it wrong? Isn't it the most counterintuitive thing ever?

It's probably due to Mythic guilds funneling AP from Mythic+, but it's the most backwards solution there was. Those guilds did it because they had TIME to do that, they are dedicated to do so. So now, while it's a bit more of a hassle to maximize AP gain, they can potentially get way more. And players who have time to do 1-2 Mythics a week, and always try for 3 chests to get as much as they can within their limited time, are now screwed over.

Unless I am missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    so now its better th to 1 chest/run.... To 2 --> 3---> 4........ Stupid
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

The only issue I haveis that you will want to tank the run at the end to avoid getting anything but a +1. Otherwise you lose out on the Mythic+ in between that one and the +3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I don't get it. So the "proper" way now is to make sure you do the 1 chest run, so you don't waste AP? Every time you doing well, you are doing it wrong? Isn't it the most counterintuitive thing ever?

It's probably due to Mythic guilds funneling AP from Mythic+, but it's the most backwards solution there was. Those guilds did it because they had TIME to do that, they are dedicated to do so. So now, while it's a bit more of a hassle to maximize AP gain, they can potentially get way more. And players who have time to do 1-2 Mythics a week, and always try for 3 chests to get as much as they can within their limited time, are now screwed over.

The proper way in now pushing progress and higher keystones. Boosting +3 chests for anything below 4 is not optimal. It's probably going to change to Boost 4-5-6 and even 7 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

You're missing that there are still going to be a practically infinite amount of keystones in groupfinder for you to use, and now they're not only useful at level 2, but taking a level 2 has the incentive of being able to chain it further if you desire.

There's a lot of whining here that their bust source of AP gain has been nerfed and now they have to do dungeons that'll actually challenge them to get a decent amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    The proper way in now pushing progress and higher keystones. Boosting +3 chests for anything below 4 is not optimal. It's probably going to change to Boost 4-5-6 and even 7 now.
    Concerning raw AP per hour, you'd probably want to +1 5s, 6s, 7s and 8s. Unless you have an infinite supply of keystones; then you'll want to +3 the highest you can. Probably 5s and 6s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogudei View Post
    This is a terrible decision from Blizzard. So people behind are going to stay behind? Guess what, if something can be grinded efficiently, people are gunna do it. What percentage of players are actually even doing this? Maybe 1% of the player base? Never have I been so salty.
    If your not the 1% you have no reason to be salty lol. This is an upgrade to everyone that isn't a Top guild grinding AP in a set 870+ carry group.

It also makes Pugging easier because people are more likely to do pugs to get AP rather than just grind guild carries. For Example I went and did a few +6 pugs and 2 chested them and got full AP the same AP I would have gotten 2 Chesting pugs last week. The only difference is now that running 2's arn't a thing I'm more likely to go pug a 5-6 and 2 chest it with pugs Whenever I feel like it to get AP Rather than wait for full guildies to just spam carries.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    If your not the 1% you have no reason to be salty lol. This is an upgrade to everyone that isn't a Top guild grinding AP in a set 870+ carry group.
    How is it an upgrade for the 99%?
    The so called "1%" picked up everyone having a 2-3+ key and just carried them trough a mythic dungeon, their dmg wasn't really important.
    How was that not a good thing? A free carry? Free loot and a good amount of ap for more than free.
    Yes the AP gain was quite high, but it felt rewarding enough to just "help" random people.

And with the nerf they pretty much killed one endgame activity for many people, not only for the 1%, because they will now just do their 10+ run once a week and be done with it, literally what Blizzard tried to AVOID by rewarding loot everytime you complete a m+ dungeon.
    Blizzard said, we want people to keep running m+ the whole week, so not everyone does their runs at the beginning of the id and those who dont have the time, at the beginning of the week, will be left behind.

Well, the idea was good, it worked, even when it was a bit "too good", now we will have the scenario Blizzard didn't want to happen.

Btw, now, as the 1%, you would rather go farming herbs for your main char instead of farming AP for him. I'll go as far and say thats shit, you do it alone, you don't really play your character and you dont help random people nor play with you guildmates.

completely surprised that this was a hotfix and not post poned til forever. is blizzard actually fixing things immediately now? i had to play for 12 years so finally when they do shit right i barely have time to play the game.

ps. so much bullshiting in this thread - doing it to help the ppl? are u joking, every single person we invited to our group we invited so we get his stone and we get AP, like any of u cared about the average Joe/Joe's alt getting AP or items or whatever.
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2016-10-07 at 12:59 PM.

You'll farm +2/+3/+4 regardless, because Legendaries.
    You'll get people giving you keys, because possible free loot and Legendaries.
    Leveling offspec/alt weapons will be a goddamn mess (on top of what it is now already).
    Seems legit Blizzard. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    How is it an upgrade for the 99%?
    The so called "1%" picked up everyone having a 2-3+ key and just carried them trough a mythic dungeon, their dmg wasn't really important.
    How was that not a good thing? A free carry? Free loot and a good amount of ap for more than free.
    Yes the AP gain was quite high, but it felt rewarding enough to just "help" random people.

And with the nerf they pretty much killed one endgame activity for many people, not only for the 1%, because they will now just do their 10+ run once a week and be done with it, literally what Blizzard tried to AVOID by rewarding loot everytime you complete a m+ dungeon.
    Blizzard said, we want people to keep running m+ the whole week, so not everyone does their runs at the beginning of the id and those who dont have the time, at the beginning of the week, will be left behind.

Well, the idea was good, it worked, even when it was a bit "too good", now we will have the scenario Blizzard didn't want to happen.

Btw, now, as the 1%, you would rather go farming herbs for your main char instead of farming AP for him. I'll go as far and say thats shit, you do it alone, you don't really play your character and you dont help random people nor play with you guildmates.
    ok Let me rephrase its a upgrade to the non 1% that were actually trying to play their toons and not get carried to 3 chest on their 2 then never do anything else the rest of week Then honestly the 900 ap less they get from their carry really is small since you get that from 1 World quest. People who are actively trying to gear themselves in mid 4-6+ will see almost no difference in the AP they get Honestly they will probably see more because now 1 chest gives as much ap as 2 chesting did before.

As for us 1%'er not running them anymore. We don't have that choice lol we need to fully upgrade our artifacts by nighthold and this will still be the best way to grind Although now we will be doing 4-6 carries instead of 2's (which honestly my guild already was doing). So maybe for a month or so you will see a drop as the Tier is over for alot of us already. But come December when Nighthold is 4-6 weeks out you will see the top guilds still grinding AP. Mythic+ is still the single highest REPEATABLE AP gain in the game. Its just now slightly worse. And still is the best source of legendaries which any top raider who doesn't already have his top 2 BIS legendaries (I have literally the 2 worst I can get) Will be farming because If I don't see my Legendary Helm as a moonkin Ill be the same place I was this tier for the Bosses that mattered (cenarius/Xavius) On the bench wishing that I wasn't playing a class that is only competitive with good legendaries.

Deleted
    This change will result in some new changes.

It'll be A LOT harder to get your +2 key boosted. Yes I know some people argue that groups boosting +2 keys are being accused of destroying a community etc. but in all seriousness, the +2 key boosts give better results than the average pug, for the person with the key. Since farming +2 keys is no longer efficient for AP, they won't be boosted nearly as much as they are now.

It'll be a struggle getting to boost people's +7 keys because someone needs to get the keys to level 7 first :>

So from what I get out of this, instead of getting only AP from extra chests, that is downgraded to only gold? (I almost never get actual bonus loot)

So people identified a way to get a grossly disproportionate amount of AP from one source in the game, and now they're upset that it was nerfed?

Color me surprised.