NVIDIA geforce GTX 970
    8 gb RAM
    Monitor specs: Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9
    Video Inputs: DVI
    Pixel Response Time (Gray to Gray): 5 milliseconds
    Rated Contrast Ratio: 20000000:1
    Pixel Refresh Rate Speed: 60Hz

I used to use Shadowplay to record my WoW gameplay, but now since it's all buggy and the result videos have their own faults, i decided to switch to OBS.
    The thing is with OBS default settings is that i get really bad quality videos, i'm talking 144p- quality, and i realize it's because i need to adjust it.

So what i'm asking for is for the experience people in OBS to help me change the settings to get the best quality on my video shots!
    This would be a great help so please if u know how to help me, i'd be so grateful if u shared.
    TY

For starters, what are your current OBS settings? Settings/Video and Settings/Encoding

Encoder: x264
    Use CBR: Enabled
    CBR padding: Enabled
    Quality balance: greyed out as 8
    Max bitrate kb/s: 1000
    Buffer size kbit: 1000
    Use custom buffer size: Disabled
    Codec: AAC
    Format: 48kHz
    Bitrate: 320
    Channel: Stereo

sry for the late reply ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Crank up the bit rate. If you're recording at 1280x720@60FPS 10k kbps bit rate is good enough unless you're doing post processing, which at that point you should probably look up dxtory.
    If you're only recording, turn off constant bit rate (CBR), it's not as necessary when you're not streaming. Quality balance is only enabled with CBR off and in general leave it at 8 is fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, use NVEnc instead of x264. Offloading the encoding to your video card is definitely a good idea. Are you just recording or also streaming? If streaming, you probably want to cap your bitrate at 2000-2500 and downscale to 720p. If recording, you can go pretty much as high as you want.