Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

99% declined for mythic dungeons

Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging

7+ Year Old Account
    Sadly it is the life of a DPS nowadays. We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.

This is simply what happens when blizzard makes offspecs and alts tediously difficult to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done a single Mythic yet on my 849 rogue or my 843 demon hunter. People don't trust people and all my friends stopped playing WoW multiple expansions ago. I'm not sure how to progress honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I haven't done a single Mythic yet on my 849 rogue or my 843 demon hunter. People don't trust people and all my friends stopped playing WoW multiple expansions ago. I'm not sure how to progress honestly
    I'm going to say this and please believe it to be the truth.

Find

An

Active

Guild.

That is the key for surviving as a dps, and its even a good thing!

It doesnt have to be a raid guild, but many raid guilds allow socials anyway.

Within a guild start talking to peopel and try starting out by finding a healer or a tank you like, and then basicly stick to them like glue.

If a tank or a healer remembers you as a good dps, they will whisper you before anyone else in the guild about dungeon groups.

Welcome to the life of a dps. If it's anywhere close to how it was in WOD when I made group for mythic dungeons I always had like 20 dps signing per 1 healer (I was tank btw). Ofc that makes people to be picky be it ilvl, fotm class or whatever other reason they pick the dps out of the crowd lining up.

What can I say, befriend a tank or a healer, or better, a whole group of people who want to run these together.

Ya aren't mythics fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    People don't trust people and all my friends stopped playing WoW multiple expansions ago. I'm not sure how to progress honestly
    Join a guild.
    Make new friends.

I feel for you DPS, just so many around it is easy to be picky as a group lead.

Needed 1 dps tonight to round out our guild group doing some Mythic+'s tonight, I had about 20 to choose from in 1 minute of being in queue.

If you're not happy with the meta, change the meta, making a group is a lot easier now than it was before, you don't have to make a trade macro or anything, just click on people who sign up. there is NO REASON for someone to not be able to make their own group....not 1 good reason.

make your own group and find a guild. This advice is as unintelligent and void as can be. Why embarass yourselves by parroting this idiocy?

2 things

min. itemlevel does this if youre below the groups itemlevel theyre looking for (probably not an issue here)
    but also happened to me before with a friend until we did a relog - 20 instant declines after we were queueing just fine were pretty fishy

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    make your own group and find a guild. This advice is as unintelligent and void as can be. Why embarass yourselves by parroting this idiocy?
    Well no, that's exactly how you get into groups. Especially the guild thing(or just making new friends in general).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.

Also it doesn't really work if you are trying to do Mythic+ to farm one particular instance... I only have one key, and it won't always be for something useful, nor will it always be at a level I am capable of completing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    If you're not happy with the meta, change the meta, making a group is a lot easier now than it was before, you don't have to make a trade macro or anything, just click on people who sign up. there is NO REASON for someone to not be able to make their own group....not 1 good reason.
    Well the second poster wrote,
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Sadly it is the life of a DPS nowadays. We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.
    It doesn't really work when no one signs up to join your group.

It's not like people are just always being super picky, it's often like this:

You throw up group, within a few seconds you have 10-15+ DPS seeking a spot and 0 tanks or healers.

Blizzard has shifted more responsibility on tanks and healers than ever. While they're always far more finite than the DPS they def do feel the most in demand they've possibly ever been due to this.

I can't even fathom what a righteous pain in the ass in must be to be a tank for mythic+. You basically have to know the dungeons inside and out several times over. Healing is bad enough, being blamed for every mistake while healing low DPS morons standing in literally everything they can and blowing your whole mana pool in mere moments trying to keep them up.

It's just all the current nature of pugs. 5 person content is legit challenging now and there's a shortage on responsibility roles due to it.
    Last edited by Snackwiches; 2016-10-07 at 06:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I attempted one +6 mythic in a pug on my tank. ONE, and never again. It was +6 The Arcway with a 89k dps rogue and 120k dps retri. I run m+ in guild, but pugging... yeah guys here are right when they say that people don't trust others. I just don't want to spend my time joining a pug just to see it fail horribly and waste my time.
    I'm pretty sure most tanks/healers have friends/guild they play with. Pugging is too risky.

Deleted
    It's quite easy; supply and demand

You have an abundance of DDs in quee, you being 1 out of 20.

I have similar issues with ilvl 861.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    I'ts not the life of a DD nowadays, I has been like this since WoW launched.
    Also, there are two methods to avoid long dungeon waiting times (which, of course, haven't changed since WoW launched)

Go roll Heal/Tank or find a good guild

Also, if I do a mythic guild run and have to fill a spot with a random, I rather take a low-ilvl random, not one who's already outgeared the dungeon.

Also, finding a guild isn't that hard these days as practically everyone is looking for DDs
    Last edited by mmocf1c917534a; 2016-10-07 at 06:57 AM.

I spend at least 20 mins applying for mythics before i get into one, as an 855 mage. Sometimes I make my own group, longest I've waited was about 30 mins for a tank.

My tank, I start up a group and watch as literally, 20 dps queue up before a healer. So I take my time and pick the classes I want to run with. Doesn't help that I also only ask for 815+ for mythics and 820+ for Arc/Court.

This has ALWAYS been the issue, you can see it by queuing for random dungeons, tanks/heals get 1 min queues while dps get 10+.

Make friends, join a guild.

We are a dozen people in our guild and we started doing Mythics at ~815 ilevel. About 850 now and so far I haven't done a Mythic with pugs and rarely we pug a dps for a heroic.

The key is being in a guild with reasonable people.