Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Talking about the average raiding group, mythic raiders plan/organise gearing up etc for all classes/specs - so they are outside the 'pool' of people generally anyway.
    The number of healers in a raid group isn't set in stone like the number of tanks (where on average 10% of the raid will be tanks with the 10-30 number)--if only 10% of your raid group is going to be healers and you're successful you are probably outgearing the content or your raid team is outskilling the content. At 10 man you are going to run 2, which is 20%. At 30 man you will run 5-6, which is 17-20%, and in 20 man/Mythic you will run 3-5 depending on the fight, which is 15-25%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    This

Is

Not

Right.

In most guilds, groups have already formed. If you ask in guild chat for a Mythic+ group for your key, you get no reply. People tend to say "Come on, farm gear so you can join our raid." but when you try to do so, they won't run with you because "nope, no interest in gearing you:"
    Find

A

New

Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    make your own group and find a guild. This advice is as unintelligent and void as can be. Why embarass yourselves by parroting this idiocy?
    You sir, are a special kind of stupid. You know WoW is an MMO right? A huge part of that is the social part, and interacting with people. So if you are too lazy to find a guild that suits you, that is your own damn fault. And you will be missing out on content because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Feels good being a 872 DPS with 858 equipped, i just keep it in my bags and people believe im some sort of god and invite me.

When the run starts, and they might figure it out, my plan have already come to fruition.

IT IS TOO LATE

wuahahhahaha
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-10-07 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    Both thoes classes can tank and heal. You know very well that there are too many DPS out there. This has always been an issue. Don't be part of the problem, do something about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    > Be me
    > Scroll through 1000 guilds
    > Pick one
    > "Sorry, we're social, not really feeling like doing anything right now"
    > Pick another one
    > "Sorry we don't need more DPS we have 400 of them already"
    > Pick third one
    > "Sorry, your gear is not high enough, we require 860ivl"
    > Pick fourth one, the guild is quite old, very active
    > All slots taken, every member knows each other for years now, you stand on the side hoping they aren't premading for the 100th time
    > Finally get into the raid
    > Kill boss
    > Loot drops
    > It's ok you have DKP
    > Sorry, you are new, our veterans get priority since we go for mythic now and this is just HC and they need the best gear
    Yeah, getting a guild is so much fun, as much fun as PUGing anything as DPS
    > Be me
    > /gquit from guild
    > queueing to LFD and LFR
    > not giving a fuck about my performance
    > login and logout whenever i want
    > go out to world and farm stuff
    > craft my own best stats gear
    > enjoy game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    > Be me
    > /gquit from guild
    > enjoy game

Hmm, this is one of those cases where even with feelings or logic i cannot really comprehend it.

If you dont give a fuck about guilds/people, not give a fuck about perfomance and skill, but still go out of your way to craft expensive gear.

Then what is the purpose?

You cant raid... The world out-side instances is not a challenge, nor is it very fun in the long run.

Where is the enjoyment? I mean i can understand pet battlers, new stuff, progression and different things.
    I can understand achievement whores. Progression, a feeling of accomplishment, a multitude of goals that are not all streamlined along with bragging rights and the feeling of having done something in the eyes of others.

But i cannot understand people who like, jus gett as bit of gear from crafting and WQ, and then just stop there. There are way better games to achieve progression in a character than wow offers, unless you are after things that only a MMO offers, however you just said you dont care about the social aspect.

So how do you enjoy the game? I understand enjoyment is extremely subjective, but i cant see what exactly brings enjoyment from Wow with what you just said, instead of other games that gives you goals to work for that doesnt include other people setting bars or demands. My own best answer would be that i am lacking information to asses what you actually like from the game, and thus i await your response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If it is the same role (e.g. DPS) that is reasonably easy, but gearing up a healer and a dps is somewhat more complex in Legion. Seems to be a thousand and one whinges about that everywhere.
    With my druid tank equipment I can reasonable heal m+7 and 8 even with no trinkets and only 1 golden artifact trait rushed, though I have to admit I currently did not play +9 or higher. Its so easy to just click "change spec", that every complainment about is a lost cause.

It's insane, people are asking 860+ for regular mythics!

People are crazy. It's like saying you can't play for the high school basketball team unless you already play in the NBA

15+ Year Old Account
    1.Tbh you are druid and monk just make healing off spec invest 6k in artifact and you are good to go that easiest way,
    mythics and M+2 are not that hard to heal and if you get good gear its always easier to find group for m+ even as dps

2.do proving grounds, its visible in LFG and i personally often chose someone based on that especially when i have couple ppls to chose from and one have gold while rest silver or worse

3. make your own group, it may take some time, especially if you don't have friend tank or healer and you don't want to play one yourself but imo its better to be in que for 1 hour making WQ or anything and do some Mythic than not do them at all or counting on that 1% chance someone will inv you

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    You sir, are a special kind of stupid. You know WoW is an MMO right? A huge part of that is the social part, and interacting with people. So if you are too lazy to find a guild that suits you, that is your own damn fault. And you will be missing out on content because of it.
    You are stupid if you think that anyone paying and playing world of warcraft is not not aware that it is an MMO, and for thinking that anything at all in your post is news to anyone reading it. You are also stupid for assuming that the sole reason for people not being in a guild it laziness. The bad news? your kind of stupid is not special by any means, it's common as fuck.

This bullshit gets spouted over and over again, and then the argument that follows is always completely the same. On the one hand an OP with a problem, on the other multiple idiots with the same advice of grouping up with others to overcome whatever problem the OP is having. The argument that then follows is said idiots trying to vindictively justify why the OP is wrong about not being able to or wanting to simply group up with others. It truly is the most predictable and unproductive dribble that consistently repeats itself on these forums.

Never had trouble getting into LFD grps.

I only go for the grps that were created a few seconds ago tho, Anything over 3 min i consider a dead or deserted lobby.

I've registered to make my first post here.

The number of times I've joined a m+2 for ap farm as a tank, each time it had 1-2 DPS players that were utter crap (below 150k dps total from instance, some below 100k) and never ever have i seen a single dps that did comparable dmg to my own when i go with guild (i main fury). When i joined as a dps i usually did 40% total dmg of the group... Now with the nerf to bonus chests ill never again join low m+ pug unless it has an 860+requirement, tank is there already and i can dps.

When i create my own groups, i set 860+ requirement and even then nitpick (if we lack something as a guild). Tough to get a good tank, like really hard. Thats why i tank myself usually, even though i hate it. Healer is not hard to get, most 860+ are decent as well. But dps... its still hell, I've seen so many 860+ dps that were doing pre200k dmg total when my guildies been on 300k+ on same ilvl(w/o legendaries) I'm sick of it. So if i have to pug, i only take sick ilvls, check their armory, and its 90% of times a mage (cause, lets be honest, they're op even when average skilled and they provide bl).

The advice of getting into a guild is a good one, but if you're someone who is at 845ilvl at this point of the game then i don't envy you. My advice - get on the top of the ilvl curve by doing (in that order):
    1. Wqs for gear,
    2. All mythics (non m+)
    3. Crafting
    4. Specific instances that have your preferred trinkets for
    5. Spamming rhcs.

If you have avg ilvl then you're screwed. This reset I would never invite someone below ~860 unless i knew he hasn't been playing for 2 weeks and is a good player. If you did all wqs that gave gear, did daily rhc and all mythics (not m+) on all resets and crafted gear for slots below 840 then you were 850+ before even m+ opened. Harsh truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    > Be me
    > Scroll through 1000 guilds
    > Pick one
    > "Sorry, we're social, not really feeling like doing anything right now"
    > Pick another one
    > "Sorry we don't need more DPS we have 400 of them already"
    > Pick third one
    > "Sorry, your gear is not high enough, we require 860ivl"
    > Pick fourth one, the guild is quite old, very active
    > All slots taken, every member knows each other for years now, you stand on the side hoping they aren't premading for the 100th time
    > Finally get into the raid
    > Kill boss
    > Loot drops
    > It's ok you have DKP
    > Sorry, you are new, our veterans get priority since we go for mythic now and this is just HC and they need the best gear
    Yeah, getting a guild is so much fun, as much fun as PUGing anything as DPS

I honestly dont think many guilds use those kind of loot systems. There are plenty of good guilds out there.

If its a guild where people spend a lot of time on TS then go join them on that TS. Chances are you will need to be a part of a community of you are really serious about things like this. But thats really the essence of MMO's. People just forgot it. You form relations with other people and come to know them.

Can you imagine how you would get laughed at in vanilla if you came to a forum and said "i cant find people for dungeons and i dont like being in a guild" ?

The problem here is peoples mentality. Not the game

So does anyone have any idea of the amount of guilds, and the amount of decent guilds among them? In my eyes (being a guildleader of a fairly old guild) decent means
    - You cater to the best members by offering challenging runs, put up requirements that are reasonable for active players and prune when people dont fit the bill.
    - You cater to the new or inexperienced or casual players by helping out (using my main, or an alt) and providing normal instances (raids, 5 man).
    - You talk in gchat and be nice; you help each other with resources or advice.
    - You make sure that anything considered 'extra' is shared among the good members so that none feels (s)he is pulling the cart of helping others alone.
    - We also used to take care that loot in raids was fairly distributed, with both an eye for new members and the old core of the group. The PL change makes that less of an issue.

Now when I read some posts in the thread above, it feels like the disappointed people get into guilds that forget part of the deal. I wonder if such guilds even exist long term, only catering to your hardcore members can very well make you keep losing members.

When we started as a guild, being part of a good guild helped joining pugs. Slowly over the years the use of being in a guild has diminished, to the point where I almost saw my guild die. I am glad the use of a guild has picked up again. The price is of course on the people who have a hard time finding a decent group of friendly people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm going to say this and please believe it to be the truth.

Find

An

Active

Guild.

That is the key for surviving as a dps, and its even a good thing!

It doesnt have to be a raid guild, but many raid guilds allow socials anyway.

Within a guild start talking to peopel and try starting out by finding a healer or a tank you like, and then basicly stick to them like glue.

If a tank or a healer remembers you as a good dps, they will whisper you before anyone else in the guild about dungeon groups.
    most active guilds have already organizesed myhic + groups and dont need new dpses

blizzard had good idea but as always failed to dleiver

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    > Be me
    > /gquit from guild
    > enjoy game
    majority of wow players are like this - but thats mostly to how much guilds deteriorated over years - even good guidls are filled with toxic players who have only 1 hing in common - progression - once that is gone they scatter imidiately

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    most active guilds have already organizesed myhic + groups and dont need new dpses

blizzard had good idea but as always failed to dleiver

- - - Updated - - -

majority of wow players are like this - but thats mostly to how much guilds deteriorated over years - even good guidls are filled with toxic players who have only 1 hing in common - progression - once that is gone they scatter imidiately
    My guild mixes it up pretty good but i guess it depends on what you are going for.

Blaming blizzard is the worst fucking excuse though. Man up and find a guild or pussy out. Dont blame everyone else for your own shortcomings

I'm declined 100% of the time while on my demon hunter. He's more than ready for it, but nobody wants demon hunters
    Impossible to get into groups pretty much since release of DH's. Only as a tank, but I main different character as a tank

I've been pugging Mythics from week 1 as a MM hunter. Never had a problem

Deleted
    Feels wierd seing this problem from this side. Playing ilvl 860 hpala I pretty much don't have time to link my achie for invite lol. Easy for healers I guess.
    As a side note I have been playing without a guild for the last 3 Xpacs (mostly pvp tho before, now only pve) and it's been a long time since I felt this good in game being "solo".