Deleted

Question [Discipline] Leech Stat

Hi guys, I was looking at the askmrrobot stat priorities and I saw this:
    Intellect > Haste > Leech > Critical Strike > Versatility > Mastery

I'm a bit confused on why Leech is put into the priority since it is just a minor stat and as far as I know it is just an additional stat that does not replace a secondary one, right? So what does it add special to Discipline Priest to equip a lower item level piece if there is leech on it?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just guessing here... Since you're a healer, who does damage, and leech doesn't "cost" anything from the item budget, yet it provides a little self healing for disc, it has theoretical HPS value.. However, trying to optimize gear for it sounds weird... Then again, don't trust guides blindly unless you are provided the math to back it up.

While I don't think this factors into logs, having a bit of leech is pretty useful for survivability. We don't really have o shit buttons as much as say palies, so staying topped of for free because of our damage can be the difference between dying because of a screw up and just barely surviving

I don't know if it applies anymore, but in WoD leech would apply on damage and healing which meant heals from damage doubled leech, the old devouring plague functioned like this and you would get double heals from leech.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    Just guessing here... Since you're a healer, who does damage, and leech doesn't "cost" anything from the item budget, yet it provides a little self healing for disc, it has theoretical HPS value.. However, trying to optimize gear for it sounds weird... Then again, don't trust guides blindly unless you are provided the math to back it up.
    Leech doesn't only work of damage, also works with healing. I have 2 pieces with leech (3.21%) and it consistently does over 3% of my total healing, pretty good for an unbudgeted stat
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=6

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciplined View Post
    Leech doesn't only work of damage, also works with healing. I have 2 pieces with leech (3.21%) and it consistently does over 3% of my total healing, pretty good for an unbudgeted stat
    Ah, I see! That makes it pretty solid Considering it´s unbudgeted as said earlier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciplined View Post
    Oh, so it heals you for both the damage and the atonement? That would explain the thing

Also, I should add that heals on yourself can't leech anymore(was able to in WoD), still a pretty damn good stat as someone has to heal you too.

we need be able to add leech with some enchant. Is a bit sad it is only random