Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    We voted to leave the EU, we didn't vote for Nigel Farage to lead us.
    You just voted because of the reasons he gave you no...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You just voted because of the reasons he gave you no...
    I've wanted to leave the EU since before Nigel Farage became the poster child for it, so yeh.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's certainly my hero, he's not only saved the United Kingdom, but Europe as well, they are going to need us when the EU completely and inevitably collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Sir Nigel at the very least.....
    I just hope you mean Mansell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Any particular point to this thread, couldn't you just have posted in the usual BREXIT thread.
    Any particular point to your post? Couldn't you just have posted in the usual BREXIT thread?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I respect what he's achieved, and how he so brazenly speaks his mind to the public and parliaments. I just wish I agreed more with his politics.
    What exactly did he achieve though? UKIP may have improved under his leadership but they are still less successful than the Green party, and while he contributed to the Leave campaign it's arguable that his attitude and comments did as much damage to the campaign as it did good (driving undecided voters to Remain).

All in all he just seems like a minor politician who managed to become leader of a third rate party, grab headlines with outlandish comments and attempt to claim credit for other peoples work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    What exactly did he achieve though? UKIP may have improved under his leadership but they are still less successful than the Green party, and while he contributed to the Leave campaign it's arguable that his attitude and comments did as much damage to the campaign as it did good (driving undecided voters to Remain).

All in all he just seems like a minor politician who managed to become leader of a third rate party, grab headlines with outlandish comments and attempt to claim credit for other peoples work.
    If it wasn't for UKIP winning stuff like the EU elections and crippling the Tory vote in 2015 there wouldn't even be a referendum on the cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Nigel Farage: A National Hero"

Which nation exactly? It sure isn't the UK, nor any of the individual Home Nations.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    If it wasn't for UKIP winning stuff like the EU elections and crippling the Tory vote in 2015 there wouldn't even be a referendum on the cards.
    LMAO, if it hadn't been for UKIP crippling the Tory vote there would have been a referendum in 2010, this is something the Tories have been trying to do for years (sadly they were unable to do it in 2010-2015 as Labour/Libdems had the power to veto it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    "Nigel Farage: A National Hero"

Which nation exactly? It sure isn't the UK, nor any of the individual Home Nations.
    National hero of England except London, which never was that English to begin with.

...the man who bailed off the sinking ship the moment he crashed it into the Brexit iceberg?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    LMAO, if it hadn't been for UKIP crippling the Tory vote there would have been a referendum in 2010, this is something the Tories have been trying to do for years (sadly they were unable to do it in 2010-2015 as Labour/Libdems had the power to veto it).
    The Conservatives promised a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. There's no mention of a EU Referendum in 2010 promised by them.

Also in terms of vote share, UKIP is miles ahead of the Green Party. There's no competition. This is true in every area of the UK except Scotland and maybe some areas of London/other inner cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...the man who bailed off the sinking ship the moment he crashed it into the Brexit iceberg?
    What role did you think he'd have, pray tell?

Nigel deserves more respect. He is a great man, I actually had the honour of meeting him a year ago and shaking his hand at a UKIP gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    What role did you think he'd have, pray tell?
    ...if i have to explain why the leader of the UKIP party is responsible for the constant crashing pound then you need a lesson in what responsibility is.

Christ... What you asked is as stupid as asking "Prey tell what role do you think Horatio Nelson had in the Battle of Trafalgar?"

Deleted
    Wait a second...didn't he retire from leading the UKIP a while back... for the second time? Now he is back into the fray..again?
    Can he like, make up his mind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...if i have to explain why the leader of the UKIP party is responsible for the constant crashing pound then you need a lesson in what responsibility is.
    I'm asking you what role do you think UKIP, and Nigel Farage specifically would have in Brexit negotiations? So if he didn't, as you say, "bail off the sinking ship" - what would there be for him to do?

You misread my question. Don't take it out on me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    He's a crude, rude asshole who exploits the prejudice and fear of the poorly educated masses to gain power. What a fucking hero.
    no thats what all the careeer politicians do not nigel farage i think if anyones a sheep it is you

More like national poop head tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Tories and Whigs are both mock names

Originally they meant "irish cattle thief" and "scottish highwayrobber"

Oh and... Nigel - i hate the EU, but take the big paycheck as a member of the european parliament each month - Farrage? Nah... that guy is history