Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Xavius two healing heroic

So I group I have been running with just started on xavius on heroic and I am finding it quite hard to two heal it with myself ( pally ) and a resto druid. We have 11 people in raid. Does going over the 10 player count make it a lot harder?

Not sure why it would. If you can add a healer and still make it to P2 with just one big add in P1, go for it (it's of course perfectly doable with two P1 adds but it makes the fight that much easier if you can push P2 before second add).

We added a dps not a healer, my question was is it normal for 10 man groups to two heal xav? We two healed the whole place on heroic but it just seems to turn to shit by phase 2 and healing just goes out the window.

Shouldn't at least one you be getting the dream every time? I'm confused how you guys are struggling. Spec BoF for tank healing and if your in the dream just spam everything and blow cds.. everything resets when you jump out anyway.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Shouldn't at least one you be getting the dream every time? I'm confused how you guys are struggling. Spec BoF for tank healing and if your in the dream just spam everything and blow cds.. everything resets when you jump out anyway.
    Yes I know, I already run BoF for it and I already spam cd in dream..... nothing to be confused about. Ursoc was easier to heal then this on heroic. Unless I am missing something about the big adds that spawn and dps are not doing something right but when P2 hits there is a consent AOE dmg tick going off that is just wreaking everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with 2 healing it, should the number of dispells required rather than the healing output. Make sure your tanks aren't calling for dispels too early. We do something like 5/3/3/3 stacks in P1 and then in P2 4-5 stacks at least every time (you have to do more anyway or the extra damage taken debuff from getting dispelled won't run off in time and the tanks will need a LOT more healing). Could definitely do more than that too, but we are pretty well geared. We did our first kill with around half the number of people as our 2nd kill (12-3 vs 24-5)and the healers corruption just wasn't an issue at all.

Pop Heroism on the pull and force P2 before the 2nd add, significantly shortens the fight if you aren't already.

Do you have any logs?
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    The problem with 2 healing it, should the number of dispells required rather than the healing output. Make sure your tanks aren't calling for dispels too early. We do something like 5/3/3/3 stacks in P1 and then in P2 4-5 stacks at least every time (you have to do more anyway or the extra damage taken debuff from getting dispelled won't run off in time and the tanks will need a LOT more healing). Could definitely do more than that too, but we are pretty well geared. We did our first kill with around half the number of people as our 2nd kill (12-3 vs 24-5)and the healers corruption just wasn't an issue at all.

Pop Heroism on the pull and force P2 before the 2nd add, significantly shortens the fight if you aren't already.

Do you have any logs?
    Healing output did seem like a issue, but I also think things are not going smooth with other parts of the fight since Dmg spikes are getting out of control at times. We handled that issue with dispell by whoever just was outside of dream would take two dispells so that it would wipe clean when they get into the dream at 60%. I still feel like this fight could be solved easily by just adding a 3rd healer for a even 12 people since we are already rolling with 11 people. Yes I have logs that I can link when I get home.

the only damage spikes in p2 i can think of are tanks not switching after dispell, or youre letting adds reach the boss.

Xavius is not that hard compared to cenarius so if you managed to kill cenarius with your current comp xavius should not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Not sure why it would. If you can add a healer and still make it to P2 with just one big add in P1, go for it (it's of course perfectly doable with two P1 adds but it makes the fight that much easier if you can push P2 before second add).
    Did the fight with 12 ppl and 3 healers on first week, we had 2 adds in P1 but was not a big deal. (we popped BL in P3 anyway)
    We did not dispell anything in P3 however .. Not sure if its whats we are supposed to do, but it worked well for us.

You're getting two Corruption Horrors to begin with and they get to cast Nova a lot. That alone stresses the healing a lot. That said, people take unnecessary damage, and healing is characteristically low at times. Let's take Efari's death as an example: He got hit by two mechanics he couldn't avoid, that brought him to 60% health, where he remained for more than 15 seconds, then he got hit by an avoidable mechanic (and a pretty easy one to avoid) and then the Corruption Nova killed him.

So both DPS and healing feel low to me. You can get by with having one, but not the other on Xavius, but having both low just means trouble.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-10-07 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You're getting two Corruption Horrors to begin with and they get to cast Nova a lot. That alone stresses the healing a lot. That said, people take unnecessary damage, and healing is characteristically low at times. Let's take Efari's death as an example: He got hit by two mechanics he couldn't avoid, that brought him to 60% health, where he remained for more than 15 seconds, then he got hit by an avoidable mechanic (and a pretty easy one to avoid) and then the Corruption Nova killed him.

So both DPS and healing feel low to me. You can get by with having one, but not the other on Xavius, but having both low just means trouble.
    Granted that was our last attempt which ended up being our worst. We had pulled him 6 times though I do not know why only one pull got recorded.It also seems like the adds are getting to the boss since there is A AOE tick going off often at times wreaking us which I never noticed doing on normal since I do not think I ever saw a add get to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Does heroism reset too?

Edit: i read ppl suggesting hero on pull instead of P3, is this right?
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-10-07 at 02:47 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by bigcheese12 View Post
    Granted that was our last attempt which ended up being our worst. We had pulled him 6 times though I do not know why only one pull got recorded.
    I also can't see the talents and stuff, I'm assuming whoever was logging didn't have Advanced Combat Logging enabled?

But yeah, I'm no healer, but looking at that just 1 try, you can see that the RDrood (dunno if it's you or the other guy) barely touched Lifebloom and Efflorescence, for example. And I can't see talents, but out of the 3 T100 talents, if he had MoC he fucked it up (by not using Lifebloom as mentioned above), if he had Stonebark, he only used Ironbark once in what is a tank-damage heavy fight and if he had Flourish he didn't use it once.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Does heroism reset too?
    It does not.

Deleted
    We 2 healed it on 11 man with me (resto druid) and a disc priest. Xavius was by far the most brutal boss 2 healing this raid size, way more brutal than Cenarius. Here are our logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...X#type=healing

The most important thing is to only get one big add in p1, if you have to lust the pull to do this then so be it. It was very stressful and a huge strain on mana. The healer that got put in the dream 2nd (me) being oom for about a minute before I came out. Once I was out the fight was very easy for the last part with full mana and cd's again.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I also can't see the talents and stuff, I'm assuming whoever was logging didn't have Advanced Combat Logging enabled?

But yeah, I'm no healer, but looking at that just 1 try, you can see that the RDrood (dunno if it's you or the other guy) barely touched Lifebloom and Efflorescence, for example. And I can't see talents, but out of the 3 T100 talents, if he had MoC he fucked it up (by not using Lifebloom as mentioned above), if he had Stonebark, he only used Ironbark once in what is a tank-damage heavy fight and if he had Flourish he didn't use it once.

It does not.
    I am the holy pally. I stuck to the tanks mostly and spot healed the raid when I could, though since I was using BoF my LoD was on the weaker side for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Xavius is not that hard compared to cenarius so if you managed to kill cenarius with your current comp xavius should not be a problem.
    To be fair I thought Cen was easier to heal as it was much less spikey dmg going around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's our logs from the kill yesterday, which was messy too!
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aken&by=target

I've filtered it down to show Corruption Horror damage, which is the main difference. Because you are taking 2 of them and they use Corrupting Nova, you are drastically increasing the raid damage. Pop heroism and all DPS cooldowns on pull and the boss should transition before the 2nd add spawns. When the first add comes in, it's still important to priority target/cleave off that rather than the boss so it dies quickly.

Here are yours filtered down the same for comparison: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aken&by=target

Skip the 2nd add and it'll be easy As far as I know we actually used Heroism on the pull, but that doesn't seem to be the case in the logs... may have slacked when we did it and used it for the add instead, but that wasn't intended. Alternatively may be innaccurate if hero was popp just before the pull and not counted or something else weird happened.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

I also did not like the Raids strat for Blades. We would drop blades on just the right side but there are times when depending on your position you may be farther away and you just will not make it over there. At that point I would say lets just drop it on the side you are closer to instead of always trying to do the right side. I also have done with other groups where you leave a gap in mid and melee and ranged just dropped in horizontally in that gap, shorter distance to run for both.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcheese12 View Post
    I also did not like the Raids strat for Blades. We would drop blades on just the right side but there are times when depending on your position you may be farther away and you just will not make it over there. At that point I would say lets just drop it on the side you are closer to instead of always trying to do the right side. I also have done with other groups where you leave a gap in mid and melee and ranged just dropped in horizontally in that gap, shorter distance to run for both.
    Unless you properly communicate, then just dropping it on the other side will never work. And from my experience, the majority of even mythic raiders don't know what "communicate" means.