Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

[Spoiler] Finally, the end of arcane addiction?

Here is a good fan analysis I discovered (for your reading pleasure) and my thoughts on it, enjoy, and let me hear your thoughts, views and desire. I have woven mine into the source material. Still editing for better presentation, so bear with me if it's a bit rough.

But what will that mean for the future? both of Elves and of magic - now the biggest hindering block to all the elven groups is gone? Would it bring unity? Excelling to dominate the magic field again? In wow, the elves, in particular night elves always seemed crippled over arcane usage and the negative effects it had on them. Although to the northern Kalimdor group, the biggest negative was the belief its usage would be a beacon to inevitable draw the legion and the end of the world back, its over-use which we now discover was actually usage out of balance also developed a serious problem which had already changed their society from the grace and benevolence that characterised it's nascent stages to haughty and callous amongst it's most noble and prestigious members. A fault that resulted in the reckless use that drew the Legion in the first place. From that era onwards one group would totatlly change its use on magic and it would later cause that group to schism and create an enmity that persists strongly till this day. The heart of this was the effect this imbalance, addiction to some, hunger or dependency to others would have on these two groups. Yet an even greater negative effect would result in the night elves of Suramar who found themselves forced now not by arrogance or indulgence, but by necessity to rely on the arcane even more, exacerbating this issue even further to crippling effect as the excessive use would poison their source and create a deadly and gnawing hunger to which only the flawed source would satisfy.

In the first group, the Northern Kalimdor group, this issue would result in the cessation of magic usage for spells for 10k years, and in the other group who split from them over the issue, in time though they prospered for nearly 7,000 years, it would result in a crisis and catastrophe that would nearly wipe that group out and divide them into two opposing camps as a result of the choices the survivors made. This ofc had a very limiting restriction any serious Elven excelling in both night elves and blood elves both, and their related Nightborne and High elves it would change them too, the former on the verge of bringing about their total destruction by crippling their ability to repel a very recent Legion occupation, would force a journey of an adventurer, and a loving night elf keen on redeeming his fallen brethren to work in concert and finally successfully produce a solution, the fruit of a very ancient and long quest to heal the imbalance within the night elven racial group that went back to the time before the sundering, when it all started
    So from WC3 and most of recent times in wow lore HElves & BElves have been dominated by an era of magical crises, but they recently came out of that. Seems that NElves have had an issue for 10k years and only recently braving the arcane front, only to meet NbElves who are introduced with an even bigger more crippling crises than the H/BElves had - makes sense as these elves have been in total arcane dependency for 10k years, as individuals and as people.

We first had an end to the high/blood elf addiction with theTBC Blood elf story and the Sunwell, the divine suffusion curbing their arcane hunger and by association the high elves too. Now we have the nightborne too have a solution that has brought balance eliminating their chronic dependancy, restoring them fully and ofc all addiction now in all Night Elves including Highborne who practice the arcane.

Valewalker Farodin.
    The Arcan'dor brings the arcane into balance for all night elves, curing arcane addiction and is able to completely restore and heal all nightborne elves

This has huge implications ofc, especially for the nightborne

But also for the NElves - though they started embracing the arcane again since cata and their long separated and exiled Highborne kin (HbElves') return, some enthusiastically, the older and wiser esp druids would be worried about potential arcane addiction either developing or affecting the highborne. Although I see no record of this worry, because Malfruion himself and Tyrande eventually trust them by allowing them un-restricted practice of the arcane arts, you could imagine that some of them would be nervous... Maiev in her craziest moment downright refuses to trust them, and tries to kill them. She fails ofc, but now concrete evidence that is based in nature, opens the way to seriously boost the confidence of ALL night elves concerning the arcane and working closer and trustingly with arcane night elf groups like the Highborne, the Moonguard and the nightborne elves - the action sof these 3 groups in cata and legion also shows that they can be trusted in terms of moral character, and now the solution means they don't have to worry about arcane addiction.

Prediction 1:
    This paves the way for full corporation between nature users and arcane users amongst night elf kind

Theorizing The Future- A speculation;
    The last wall, and the biggest stumbling block between Darnassian night elf, and arcane night elves (Highborne & Nightborne elves) is gone. With balance restored, so too should the last fears of going out of control and doing stupid things to hang on to the arcane because of addiction. This paves the way for peace and partnership between the nature based night elves and the arcane based ones with a firm trust that can develop - but does it open the way for peace between the night bunch and the Thalassian bunch ??
    With this limitation gone now, it opens the door for all elven kind, but it would seem especially the night elves who had held back, and the Nightborne elves who had been crippled from excelling and progressing further in magical arts, now without imbalance or shunning of nature or Elune. The same goes for the blood elves and high elves, who from the lore I could almost guess were holding back a bit, certainly in recent times.
    I'm reading this as they have the experience, the discipline to go much further without harm to themselves, allowing a balance and harmony that can only produce very good things. No more to be crippled, , hurt, maimed or broken by ill behaviour. Will we see benevolent, wise and very magical elves in full balance now?

Possible directon of The Elves from now on?
    Blood elves and nightborne seem to be the more ambitious elves, while high elves and night elves seem to be more benevolent. It seems that nightborne makes a nice complement to night elves, whiles High elves are the natural complement to Blood elves, I wonder if this means we will we see the high elves finally shift onto the horde from now on, can they overcome recent squabbles? 7.1 reveals to us the high elves, like the blood elves do not like the night elves at all as we suspected, and the dislike is far older than recent high/blood elf feuding , whereas night elves seem to get along with nightborne even though faction leader Tyrande is initially cold to them- with the arcane addiction and corruption finally cured, it is looking like every reason for the nightborne and night elves to work well together, and once the nightborne who allied with the legion are punished, things should go well as it looks like Fel is now taking the place of the arcane as the one in which they all take issue with. Which helps with inconsistencies as the arcane was always a good source in the lore, and yet was corrupting elves, the ones who had the highest affinity to it, hindering their current development in it in the current timeline

Prediction 2
    With that solved this should allow the elven groups to really excel in magic, hopefully taking their place as the Warcraft world's authority on magic, and it is looking like blood elves on one side, and nightborne on the other, because these are the two most advanced groups. If Dalaran continues to dominate the scene, I see one of two things happening, the Elves of both sides playing a dominant role there OR the Elves doing their own separate thing, either together or apart with the Sunwell for the light elves, and the nightwell for the dark-skinned elves, this may mean with the night elves and nightborne on one side and the high elves and blood elves on the other side.

I'm not sure how the horde/alliance thing would work though.
    Option 1 is night elf and nightborne on one side, blood elf and high elf on the other - the groups either mixing into 1 body or still keeping their identities, with High elf and nightborne still being unplayable.
    Option 2 is night elf and high elf on one side, blood elf and nightborne on the other side - but that leaves friction as night/high don't get along, and gives you 2 benevolent groups - night elf need some ambition, blood elf need some more benevolence.
    Option 3 is Nightborne released as a new alliance night elf based race, but in the following expansion, nightborne made accessible to horde, while high elves made accessible to Thalassian race on both sides, and nightborne on both sides too - this means that alliance finally get playable high elves, and horde will get a playable night elven group (Thalassian on the horde side is blood elf)

there are other possibilities, but I think I would prefer Option 1 first, then Option 3 - I really want to see how blood elves would fair against nightborne, new sunwell versus nightwell - I would prefer that to passivity and all hugs, but we'll see?

Changes for High and Blood Elves?
    What do you think here? I am thinking that new possibilities between high/blood elves will continue as we see relations improving with each new revelation. High elves and blood elves still have the issue of the Silver Covenant - however outside the Silver Covenant, the High elves have been shown to generally be getting friendly with the blood elves without losing their high elf identity, something that immediately started to show once the blood elves found redemption in TBC with the re-ignition of the Sunwell. Further evidence in Legion shows Vereesa very friendly to blood elves, she genuinely cares for a blood elf in the hunter artifact quest, and he genuinely cares for her, and it also seems she is working well alongside Halduron. Furthermore, Vereesa seems to be getting along quite well with the blood elves too in7.1
    And with Alleria's return iminent, this indicates a healing of high elf and blood elf relationships, because Vereesa was the main reason for the conflict getting bloody, especially after Rhonin's death, which is now soley attributed to Garrosh and a few rogue Blood elves working with him.

The other two groups the Highborne and the Darkfallen, while noticeable, seem to be very tiny in number, with the Highborne tied to the night elves and the darkfallen tied to the forsaken. however since the Blood elf DKs are Blood elf tied not forsaken tied, we might see a blood elf connection there, and this the Highborne and nightborne are the same arcane night elf culture, we'll likely see them more connected with them instead too.

Finally I have another question... would you want to see all the elves heal? and if not, will you wanna see HElves and BElves unite again at least, like the NElves and NbElves
    Last edited by Beloren; 2016-10-01 at 03:55 PM.

Tbh I'd prefer High elves in the Alliance, and Nightborne in the Horde.
    I think it's fine if the Horde sticks to ambition.

Plus High elves can be ambitious too, and I want to see their ties heal.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post

Why would you want Blizzard to continue to dangle the last fragments of the high elves in front of you?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

We have enough elves, use variations of the other races instead of 4 variants of the same.

Deleted
    what I don't get is why they're still deformed/withered

What is lorewise interesting about adding Nightborne to bloodelfs?

Deleted
    If the Nightborne ever become playable I'm sure they'll be a Blood elf sub-race, with High elves as the Night elf one. It's the obvious way Blizz could solve one of the biggest with High elves, that while members of the Alliance they're technically a sub-race of the opposite faction. If the Nightborne went Horde with their slightly modified Night elf model, it would counterbalance the High elves going Alliance with their slightly modified Blood elf model.

Kinda deluding yourself if you think the Blood elves and High elves are gonna be best buddies and join the Horde together while the Nightborne and Night elves reunify. Play more of 7.1, Vereesa still hates the Horde with a passion and it's the sin'dorei who are more receptive and accepting of the Nightfallen. Liadrin has a lot of sympathy for their plight while Tyrande dislikes them and just wants to be done with this whole thing.

I'm not on the PTR, but do we know for sure that the solution is permanent? Maybe they just traded one addiction for another. Which is still better than before, but still an addiction and they are rooted to the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Elari View Post
    If the Nightborne ever become playable I'm sure they'll be a Blood elf sub-race, with High elves as the Night elf one. It's the obvious way Blizz could solve one of the biggest with High elves, that while members of the Alliance they're technically a sub-race of the opposite faction. If the Nightborne went Horde with their slightly modified Night elf model, it would counterbalance the High elves going Alliance with their slightly modified Blood elf model.

Kinda deluding yourself if you think the Blood elves and High elves are gonna be best buddies and join the Horde together while the Nightborne and Night elves reunify. Play more of 7.1, Vereesa still hates the Horde with a passion and it's the sin'dorei who are more receptive and accepting of the Nightfallen. Liadrin has a lot of sympathy for their plight while Tyrande dislikes them and just wants to be done with this whole thing.
    Highelfs will simply not happen imho, at this point they could simply add back blue eyes for blood elfs. The thing with high elfs.. they have nothing interesting to add that we don't have already with blood elfs other then humping with humans.

Nightborne and blood elfs don't add up. Blood elfs already have everything that nightborne have to offer in terms of lore.

Edit: Also Vereesa does not like nightelfs
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2016-10-01 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair she doesn't like anyone that isnt Rhonin.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    what I don't get is why they're still deformed/withered
    you see them fully healed from that in 7.1, they are all restored to proper nightborne

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Highelfs will simply not happen imho, at this point they could simply add back blue eyes for blood elfs. The thing with high elfs.. they have nothing interesting to add that we don't have already with blood elfs other then humping with humans.

Nightborne and blood elfs don't add up. Blood elfs already have everything that nightborne have to offer in terms of lore.

yeah good analysis, and Vereesa doen't like night elves which is consistent with the lore of the High elves not liking the Night elves at all, - it appears the odd ones out at the moment are the high elves on the alliance - which is why I suspect, they are going to connect with the horde, but they will keep their high elf identity - I suspect -- for several reasons, they will maintain their friendship with the humans - which wow will use to keep exemplifying how everything is not black and white, but many shades of grey. Though they would be working together, Blood elves hate humans now, but the high elves would not.

Also I think the high elf benevolent nature which the blood elves consider naive will also be tempering quality to the group and continue to distinguish between them. Someone mentioned the ghosts in Lake Keltheril in Winterspring zone, I went and had a look at them, and they really give you a good distinction between high elf and blood elf, and you can really see how both can continue together, but in their own unique identities. And tha'ts not surprising, Afterall, aren't Democrats and Republicans of the same race/nations but different identities? Same with Conservatives and Labour, what about Scottish and English? Welsh and English? Irish and Scottish. You can live together, be one people but have separate identities, including a bit of conflict/hatred that is actively been worked on by both groups desiring to resolve their issues.

High elves have no other role than as a tempering and variation to the blood elf mould that keeps the old spirit alive, and the option of returning the whole group to high elf if they want to in the future.. although I really like blood elves as they are. right now, so I don't see a reason why blood elves will ever go, they can have both groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things look pretty good for all the elves huh? Lets hope Tyrande can get her head out of her ass long enough for something cool to happen. I don't think the high elves would throw their lot in with the blood elves so easily same goes for the nightborne and night elves....I would rather see suramar become a place for all elf kind, ruled by a council represented by each elf faction (like the three hammers council).

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    We have enough elves, use variations of the other races instead of 4 variants of the same.
    Such a filthy disbeliever. Elves are awesome and we only deserve to choke to death as we swallow tons of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Such a filthy disbeliever. Elves are awesome and we only deserve to choke to death as we swallow tons of them.
    Well, it's kinda hard to swallo Night Elves since even Broken Isles count as that. How do you swallow a continent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

RIP horde then.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Things look pretty good for all the elves huh? Lets hope Tyrande can get her head out of her ass long enough for something cool to happen. I don't think the high elves would throw their lot in with the blood elves so easily same goes for the nightborne and night elves....I would rather see suramar become a place for all elf kind, ruled by a council represented by each elf faction (like the three hammers council).
    Tryande is fine, you know when she isn't cos she does something about it. After her scold, she actually really gets ally players to help the nightborne, so she's for them. She sounds more irritated than hating, prob cos of her husband... I doubt she has been updated at the start of the quest, I presume she's just come from Val'sharah and her mind torn between her husband and her duty.
    nightborne and night elves don't seem to have any beef, a night elf has just cured all of the nightborne race and basically ended the night elves' arcane addiction, and Thalyssra's and moonguard and val'sharah night evles seem good - minus Tyrande's initial irritation, they are looking very chummy - their biggest bone of contention has been finally resolved after millenia
    BElf/HElf seems to have the problem compared, to NElves/NbElves, its interesting, but this rift seems to be healing, as Vereesa was the main source of it, and she's really chummy with blood elves now

10+ Year Old Account
    she's really chummy with blood elves now
    She is? Pretty sure she would only be chummy if she thought she could marry one of them and get back into Quel'thas which she is banned from.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This is at it's core a discussion on the possibility of sub-races being added.
    They will never add High Elves to Alliance - The only difference between them and Blood Elves is LITERALLY their eyes.
    Nightfallen as a faction neutral (a la Pandaren) race is at LEAST possible, but while they DO pay lip service to the idea of sub-races, the only one that is really gameplay FUNCTIONAL is Dwarves, Orcs and Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    RIP horde then.
    lol... rename the horde the elf faction ;p -

but I don't want nightborne on the horde.. let them go to the alliance. Only the blood elves are should be in the horde. Nightborne are too night elven and they're rather ugly, don't want no alliance derivative race. smack some sense into Vereesa, get her back with her people, maybe Alleria can do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    lol... rename the horde the elf faction ;p -

but I don't want nightborne on the horde.. let them go to the alliance. Only the blood elves are should be in the horde. Nightborne are too night elven and they're rather ugly, don't want no alliance derivative race. smack some sense into Vereesa, get her back with her people, maybe Alleria can do it.
    wait we don't want Vereesa either. Don't do this!
    Holy shit lol