Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    1) I have zero, exactly zip sympathy for druggies and drug pushers. As I read earlier in a story on yahoo news, a Fillipino man interviewed about this said they are " the dirt of this world." I couldn't agree more.

2) He overwhelmingly won his office in free elections. During his campaign, he was quite clear about what he intended to do if elected President.

3) His approval rating is currently through the roof.

4) The army and police of the Phillipines back him to the hilt.

Did I mention I don't give a dmn what happens to druggie filth? I love what Duterte said a couple of days ago: " I don't give a shit. My order is to destroy."
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Why is it that every time I see this guy speaking, he comes off as a drunk, crazy homeless man shouting insults and bullshit at anyone passing by?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    1) I have zero, exactly zip sympathy for druggies and drug pushers. As I read earlier in a story on yahoo news, a Fillipino man interviewed about this said they are " the dirt of this world." I couldn't agree more.

2) He overwhelmingly won his office in free elections. During his campaign, he was quite clear about what he intended to do if elected President.

Did I mention I don't give a dmn what happens to druggie filth? I love what Duterte said a couple of days ago: " I don't give a shit. My order is to destroy."
    Hopefully you don't mind so much when someone decides something you do (like praising murderers) is horrible and decides to kill/injury you for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Hopefully you don't mind so much when someone decides something you do (like praising murderers) is horrible and decides to kill/injury you for it.
    They can try, and if they're successful, it won't matter. Because I'll be dead, and won't care.

FYI: there is nothing on Earth that can get sympathy from me for druggie filth.

F.
    Them.
    All.

And Duterte has the overwhelming support of his people, as well as the army and police. So what we all think is irrelevant.
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams

They can try, and if they're successful, it won't matter. Because I'll be dead, and won't care.

F.
    Them.
    All.

And Duterte has the overwhelming support of his people, as well as the army and police. So what we all think is irrelevant.
    Of course what we think is relevant, the Phillipines is an American client state, and we have plenty of leverage over them that we can use if they start undermining American interests and credibility over there. If they continue to insult our government then we have to right to refuse them arms sales, which would be a problem seeing as they have an aggressive and expansionistic neighbor that poses a MUCH bigger threat to them than some small time drug pushers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Of course what we think is relevant, the Phillipines is an American client state, and we have plenty of leverage over them that we can use if they start undermining American interests and credibility over there. If they continue to insult our government then we have to right to refuse them arms sales, which would be a problem seeing as they have an aggressive and expansionistic neighbor that poses a MUCH bigger threat to them than some small time drug pushers.
    We take that too far, and I can see Duterte howling " f you" at the US, kicking all US forces out, and requesting an alliance with China. You know, just to spite anyone who gets in his way.

It's not to our advantage to press him on domestic matters, so long as we get his cooperation on defense. If the Fillipino people don't want him anymore, they can vote him out. But it looks like they approve of his war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama mentions this guys insane drug war once and he just won't shut up about the US it seems. Funny how dictators always go for the US as an easy punching bag.

Hmm, it seems there is more than just druggie filth this world needs to be cleansed of ...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    Like i said the guy has a 90% approval rating. You go around poverty areas since he was president, all the people will say they feel safer now. And the media here in the philippines has 0 bias at all, they say the worst things about the president too. But overall facebook, twitter, social media in the Philippines, people really do like him.

- - - Updated - - -

Well its a new change after a series of corrupt and incompetent presidents. Maybe you should read about it. If i didnt grow up in the Philippines, i would think he is crazy too.
    history?

aint nobody got time for that

its easier to read headlines and rant

Serious question, why the fuck would people still sell drugs in his country after seeing what happens? lol. The very first thing I would do is get the fuck out of there.

Maybe we will soon see refugees from the Philippines who are drug users.
    I doubt any country would want to import druggies though.

Maybe they could go to Colorado where Marijuana is legal.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/823095/...ies-or-lose-us

“The Americans, the EU (European Union), the human rights [groups], the way they talk, they reprimand [me] as if I [were] their ‘boy.’ I am not your servant. Do not do it to me. When you are talking to me, Mr. Obama, human rights [groups] and the EU, if you are not fools, I am the President of the Republic of the Philippines,” said Duterte

The President said he did not care if the United States moved behind the scenes to eject him from power.

“You want to oust me. You want to use the CIA, go ahead. What happens is really part of my destiny. If I’m ousted, that is part of my presidency. But for as long as I am there, don’t treat us like a doormat because you’ll be sorry for it. I don’t want to antagonize you but try to give us a little respect. You don’t go around reprimanding a head of state as if you were talking to a … [son of a bitch],” said the President.

I will not stick with you,” said the President, noting that he has China and Russia waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Hmm, it seems there is more than just druggie filth this world needs to be cleansed of ...
    Careful, we're supposed to take this "cleansing" talk seriously when it's coming out of Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Serious question, why the fuck would people still sell drugs in his country after seeing what happens? lol. The very first thing I would do is get the fuck out of there.
    There are plenty of desperate and poverty-stricken people to exploit. I would imagine it would be difficult to justify dropping an operation entirely when they ran so profitably for so long due to corruption before Duterte got in power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    burgers still think they have colonies? that's a good one, next thing you tell me the UK thinks they still own south africa/india.

F.
    Them.
    All.

so caffeine and alcohol are a definite no for you since theyre very commonly referred to as drugs.

what are your views on sugar? since sugar technically falls into the category of drugs i assume you also dislike it.

how about wheat? thats a gray area for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    because the country has failed to present a better alternative to survival.

either sell drugs or die.

well i guess the choice is sell drugs and possibly die, or definitely die

its all well and good as long as the people you dont like are being killed. what will he do when he's finished with the druggies & dealers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    so caffeine and alcohol are a definite no for you since theyre very commonly referred to as drugs.

what are your views on sugar? since sugar technically falls into the category of drugs i assume you also dislike it.

how about wheat? thats a gray area for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

because the country has failed to present a better alternative to survival.

either sell drugs or die.

well i guess the choice is sell drugs and possibly die, or definitely die
    You actually make a very good point. Criminality thrives when people have no other choices.

I don't know about duterte policies regarding the community, apart obviously this very tough stance on drug dealers. Is he doing anything to sort some the aspects of his country's economy?

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Why is the general population so strongly supportive of severe punishment for drug users/dealers? Has it done a markedly high amount of damage relative to other countries? Is it religious views that drive this sort of fervor? I don't know much about the Philippines aside from the fact that I love adobo Boy Bawong and I love saying "Oh my gulai."
    It's an intensely religious country. Slaughtering addicts is the one thing extremist Catholics and Mulsims agree on.

Everyone else hops the next flight to Canada.
    overwatch 2: waifu boogaloo

10+ Year Old Account
    Should Duterte ever get out of hand, there is always the option of promoting "western democracy" in Philippines and "remove" him. Seems to work wonders every time that happens. /s

Back in the Cold War days the US would've supported Duterte who is a right wing guy. During the Cold War the US found supporters in the middle class, the wealthy and the religious, the later knowing that communists banned religion.

2016 and we're asking Duterte to go easy on the communists, the rebels in Southern Philippines. I don't know if the rebels are still communists or not.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland