Legendary item drop question

I am still hunting my first legendary item and i came up with a question to you guys!

So, i am playing unholy and i need the bracers or shoulders badly to keep up with my mythic progression guild.
    But I always have to switch into blood for mythic+ runs and some 3rd tanking in mythic on some bosses.

I always keep my loot set to unholy, but i never recieved some special unholy drop beeing speced blood so far.
    My question would be, If I am blood speced with loot set to unholy, will there be a legendary drop for unholy?
    Does it lower the chance to get the legendary item?

Maybe someone did get his (or her) bracers or shoulders beeing blood or frost speced?
    This is one really important question for me, so I would appreciate your information.

This could be the case for any item btw.
    As I was trying to get Angerboda badly speced Blood with loot set to Unholy and never saw the trinket drop...

P.S. I tried to ask a GM about this, but they didn't give me any info at all...

Deleted
    I was in blood spec with loot set to unholy when i got these, so yeah nothing to worry bro!

Last edited by mmoc1332cf30b7; 2016-10-08 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinder View Post
    I was in blood spec with loot set to unholy when i got these, so yeah nothing to worry bro!

Oh, thank you so much for your reply, and especially for the screenshot.
    Now i can be relaxed and just blame my unluckiness for not getting a drop, haha.

Getting the the specific legendary you want and need requires you to be really lucky. I got a legendary but it was a low tier one that every class can get. While a legendary is still a legendary, it's pretty damn disappointing!

the best part about getting the bracers... knowing you will have them the entire expac

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Getting the the specific legendary you want and need requires you to be really lucky. I got a legendary but it was a low tier one that every class can get. While a legendary is still a legendary, it's pretty damn disappointing!
    Man I'm glad my guild is not yet ready for mythic raiding and our roster is not that big. Because frankly I'd fear that taking people without the proper legendary might be a burden on the raid, if we'd have to seriously compete for the raidspots. Worst design ever frankly. If they had given us tokens or something like that, but getting a crap legendary is kinda awful..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Man I'm glad my guild is not yet ready for mythic raiding and our roster is not that big. Because frankly I'd fear that taking people without the proper legendary might be a burden on the raid, if we'd have to seriously compete for the raidspots. Worst design ever frankly. If they had given us tokens or something like that, but getting a crap legendary is kinda awful..
    I have no legendary and parse higher than the vast majority of other players. Legendaries are nice, but they are hardly required; and they don't change the fact that you should bring the player not the gear/class.

Deleted
    So far got 3 UH legendaries, and two of them droped when I was in blood spec, they evolve around your loot spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Astraios View Post
    I have no legendary and parse higher than the vast majority of other players. Legendaries are nice, but they are hardly required; and they don't change the fact that you should bring the player not the gear/class.
    Actually if an unholy wants to at least keep up with other specs at the highest lvl of play on mythic they need the bracers. Check the mythic logs, all top unholy dks have the bracers. We need that specific legendary to even stay sort of revelant in mythic. This is why unholy needs massive help atm. If you aren't a top tier raider then yes, legendaries don't really matter.

Actually if an unholy wants to at least keep up with other specs at the highest lvl of play on mythic they need the bracers. Check the mythic logs, all top unholy dks have the bracers. We need that specific legendary to even stay sort of revelant in mythic. This is why unholy needs massive help atm. If you aren't a top tier raider then yes, legendaries don't really matter.
    Yup... Got blood speced by my RL yesterday.
    No need in a dk dps in mythic. Now I'm a full time tank, so good bye dear ghouls
    Good that we had a feeling of it some time before and I got nice equip for my blood spec.

Deleted
    Yes they make a big difference for some classes, but EN is balanced around people NOT having legendaries, the top guilds cleared mythic within the first week, without every member having a good legendary. In fact, exorsus had two unholy DKs on their world first xavius kill, and neither of these DKs had the bracers. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get on a "higher level" than world first mythic clear.
    Last edited by mmocc8c4e592e4; 2016-10-10 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesybrough View Post
    Yes they make a big difference for some classes, but EN is balanced around people NOT having legendaries, the top guilds cleared mythic within the first week, without every member having a good legendary. In fact, exorsus had two unholy DKs on their world first xavius kill, and neither of these DKs had the bracers. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get on a "higher level" than world first mythic clear.
    EN is really simple and had no big challenge for the top guilds.
    So they simply took people who they played for years and had fun. There was not real raid tuning required.
    No class adjustments etc.

But if things stay the same, the setup will clearly change in the citadel, as there will be only the best classes
    in the first raid setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mdark View Post
    EN is really simple and had no big challenge for the top guilds.
    So they simply took people who they played for years and had fun. There was not real raid tuning required.
    No class adjustments etc.

But if things stay the same, the setup will clearly change in the citadel, as there will be only the best classes
    in the first raid setup.
    idk what you're on about, they clearly put a lot of thought into their raid comp. They had tons of mages and spriests who are arguably the strongest dps classes atm, while bringing no warlocks, paladins, shamans, druids - classes which all looked bad before the first tuning pass hit. Getting world first clear was still a competition that the top guilds wanted to win, it's not like nobody cared just because it wasn't a big challenge compared to some of the older raids. And while i agree that DK dps in general is below average atm, saying that they only brought their DKs "for fun" is something i find hard to believe.
    Last edited by mmocc8c4e592e4; 2016-10-10 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesybrough View Post
    the First guild to clear Mythic EN had an entire roster with 864.8 ilvl avg and every single raider had a legendary except 1 i believe.

But i recently started having this concern as anyone who played from Legion release should be 3-6 days away from being able to equip 2 legendaries and then it hit me If you want to play Unholy and you do not have the legendary bracers as your first OR second legendary drop
    your essentially screwed, and the reason for this is the legendary bracers are the only Unholy legendary that augment every other legendary the spec is capable of acquiring.

1) The additional RP gained from the 1-5 extra wounds burst
    2) The GCDs freed from the amount of Scourge Strikes saved
    3) The ability to take Unholy Frenzy if you so choose

than you look at the combos that work really well only if you have the bracers to begin with

legendary shoulders pretty much mandate you take Shadow Infusion, the bracers augment this by giving you more RP from wound bursts and also allowing you to run AWS + UF + SI

our third best legendary the belt is immediately obvious to see the synergy it would gain while paired with the Bracers as well.

but this relationship does not work in reverse really with any other pair of legendaries available to Unholy.

for example the shoulders (LEG) dont really make the belt/ring any stronger the only possible exception would be the legendary mini-lust ring.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-10-10 at 05:03 PM.