(MM) Rotation Help

So, I've been through the Icy Veins guide, as well as a few other decent resources for MM hunter rotation, but I'm still finding myself struggling with the MM rotation (Yes, you can call me a noob, or any other names, just please give me some advice after the insult). I haven't played a Hunter since Cata, where I was an SV main the entire expansion and a rather high ranked one during Firelands. 2 expansions later, I'm back on my hunter, and I've been BM until this week, when I finally got my MM artifact up to a place where it should out perform my BM artifact. I think I might just be trying to cast too many aimed shots, but I need some basic advice on this rotation. I won't have logs until my first raid as MM tonight, but here's what I've been doing:

Firstly, for the opener, I've been following the Icy Vein's guide exactly. It's working out great and no issues there.

In the actual rotation, there's lots of guides that really focus "use aimed shot as much as you possibly can while vulnerable is up, but make sure you can marked shot before the vuln wears off if marked is up, and use barrage/ AMOC and Windburst on CD, but preferably not while vuln is up" Sounds simple enough, but where I"m struggling is Vuln always seems to be up, whether it's from Sidewinders, WB, or marked shot, I think I'm just trying to do too many things at once. For example, I'll have a marking targets proc, use sidewinders, Aimedx2, marked shot, then I'll still have focus for another aimed shot, which will bring my focus down to 0, leaving me without enough focus for AMOC/ Barrage and WB. In this kinda case, should I prioritize the two cooldowns over the aimed shot during vulnerable? I'm thinking my issue may be trying too hard to make sure I'm always casting Aimed shot if Vuln is on the target before anythign else, but it doesn't seem to leave time in the rotation for my abilities outside of SW, Marked, and Aimed shot.

TL;DR: What is my priority for spells when I'm finding overlapping high priority moments? Is that one aimed during vuln better than a WB and Barrage?

My character is Lushee on Norgannon (US)

Thanks for any help you can provide! Again, feel free to call me any noob name in the book for this qusetion, just please provide some solid MM advice after you insult me!

Quote Originally Posted by Therolyk View Post
    So, I've been through the Icy Veins guide, as well as a few other decent resources for MM hunter rotation, but I'm still finding myself struggling with the MM rotation (Yes, you can call me a noob, or any other names, just please give me some advice after the insult). I haven't played a Hunter since Cata, where I was an SV main the entire expansion and a rather high ranked one during Firelands. 2 expansions later, I'm back on my hunter, and I've been BM until this week, when I finally got my MM artifact up to a place where it should out perform my BM artifact. I think I might just be trying to cast too many aimed shots, but I need some basic advice on this rotation. I won't have logs until my first raid as MM tonight, but here's what I've been doing:

Firstly, for the opener, I've been following the Icy Vein's guide exactly. It's working out great and no issues there.

In the actual rotation, there's lots of guides that really focus "use aimed shot as much as you possibly can while vulnerable is up, but make sure you can marked shot before the vuln wears off if marked is up, and use barrage/ AMOC and Windburst on CD, but preferably not while vuln is up" Sounds simple enough, but where I"m struggling is Vuln always seems to be up, whether it's from Sidewinders, WB, or marked shot, I think I'm just trying to do too many things at once. For example, I'll have a marking targets proc, use sidewinders, Aimedx2, marked shot, then I'll still have focus for another aimed shot, which will bring my focus down to 0, leaving me without enough focus for AMOC/ Barrage and WB. In this kinda case, should I prioritize the two cooldowns over the aimed shot during vulnerable? I'm thinking my issue may be trying too hard to make sure I'm always casting Aimed shot if Vuln is on the target before anythign else, but it doesn't seem to leave time in the rotation for my abilities outside of SW, Marked, and Aimed shot.

TL;DR: What is my priority for spells when I'm finding overlapping high priority moments? Is that one aimed during vuln better than a WB and Barrage?

My character is Lushee on Norgannon (US)

Thanks for any help you can provide! Again, feel free to call me any noob name in the book for this qusetion, just please provide some solid MM advice after you insult me!
    Just make sure you have enough focus for your upcoming cooldowns. Yes, this means sometimes you don't get an Aimed Shot inside a Vulnerable window.

Quote Originally Posted by aznxk3vi17 View Post
    Just make sure you have enough focus for your upcoming cooldowns. Yes, this means sometimes you don't get an Aimed Shot inside a Vulnerable window.
    Thanks! That's exactly the kinda response I wanted to see. I felt like it was blasphemy to miss that aimed shot inside a vuln window, as guides kinda made it seem like I'd be mauled by a pack of rabid murlocs if that should happen!

I also have a question. Whats the priority of SW with Marking Targets proc ? Shoud I use it imediately when its lights up or use aimed with vuln or barrage/windburst first ?

Quote Originally Posted by grm22 View Post
    I also have a question. Whats the priority of SW with Marking Targets proc ? Shoud I use it imediately when its lights up or use aimed with vuln or barrage/windburst first ?
    If no Vuln debuff is on the target or its just about to run out. Use Windburst, it deals more dmg than Aimed, is cheaper and has shorter cast time. You can sit on SW for a few moments as long as you wont cap its stacks, but that only happens when RNG hates you. Also you ONLY use SW to refresh Vuln debuff when you can't use marked shot. Since you should aim for 2 Aimed shots per debuff if you have enough haste, or atleast I manage to do so.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    If no Vuln debuff is on the target or its just about to run out. Use Windburst, it deals more dmg than Aimed, is cheaper and has shorter cast time. You can sit on SW for a few moments as long as you wont cap its stacks, but that only happens when RNG hates you. Also you ONLY use SW to refresh Vuln debuff when you can't use marked shot. Since you should aim for 2 Aimed shots per debuff if you have enough haste, or atleast I manage to do so.
    My hunter is only 5 days old and I am only 840 and have no third relic yet and no golden trait yet. A friendly person in Discord looked at my logs and the 2 aimed shots turned out to be my biggest issue. I was trying to fit in as many aimedshots as possible and was running out of vulnerability for my marked shot and often even just skipping the marked shot. Playing on the dummy, my dps was much more consitent and better just sticking with 2 aimed shots in the vuln window (unless I got LL procs obv) so I could get off every marked shot, and then my other aimshot was still under the vuln refresh rather than chancing it not going off in the window, and/or missing my MarkedShot.

Im having fun, but its strange playing a ranged class. I have been a Rogue or Druid since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    My hunter is only 5 days old and I am only 840 and have no third relic yet and no golden trait yet. A friendly person in Discord looked at my logs and the 2 aimed shots turned out to be my biggest issue. I was trying to fit in as many aimedshots as possible and was running out of vulnerability for my marked shot and often even just skipping the marked shot. Playing on the dummy, my dps was much more consitent and better just sticking with 2 aimed shots in the vuln window (unless I got LL procs obv) so I could get off every marked shot, and then my other aimshot was still under the vuln refresh rather than chancing it not going off in the window, and/or missing my MarkedShot.

Im having fun, but its strange playing a ranged class. I have been a Rogue or Druid since Vanilla.
    Well as a rule of thumb, even if you have a proc of SW ready, only use it if you have 30 or above focus. You'll end up at 80 focus, Then you sit in the GCD, thats 90, when the cast is done your at 110'ish. Because it costs 50 you end on 60. Now you cast aimedshot and end on 80'ish depending on your haste. Use have 30 Focus left, which you then use marked shot which deals a shit ton of dmg. How I've done it, and my DPS is consistently at the same high number.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Also having issues keeping up, though I feel I'm doing exactly what Azor & Icy-veins suggests. I was going to post in the "Fix My DPS" thread but...there's tons of posts there, and no responses offering help. Here is a link to our logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/1946 (Felthorne)

Edit: More info. I've used runes, I've used (old) DPS pots (Agility). Now that we're going into mythic I'll be using the 'real' consumables (though I am flasked and fooded on each fight). I'm not used to being so far behind...normally I'm the top performer. I feel like I'm missing a buff or ... something significant. Any help in getting this fixed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks <3
    Last edited by Felthorn; 2016-10-12 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felthorn View Post
    Also having issues keeping up, though I feel I'm doing exactly what Azor & Icy-veins suggests. I was going to post in the "Fix My DPS" thread but...there's tons of posts there, and no responses offering help. Here is a link to our logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/1946 (Felthorne)

Edit: More info. I've used runes, I've used (old) DPS pots (Agility). Now that we're going into mythic I'll be using the 'real' consumables (though I am flasked and fooded on each fight). I'm not used to being so far behind...normally I'm the top performer. I feel like I'm missing a buff or ... something significant. Any help in getting this fixed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks <3

Man... I go to Ursoc fight on your log, because it's very simple fight and you can see player rotation. I take a look at the very first moment of the fight - which is your opener. It is COMPLETELY wrong. I did not bother to check the rest, becayse the truth is - you did NOT read the guides.

My advice - instead of stating you read guide, actually go and read them.

Can somebody please explain a bit better?

Situation 1:

-Marking Targets proc is up (1 stack of SW)
    -WB is off cd.
    -Barrage is off cd.
    -no vuln

What should I do?

Situation 2:

-Marking Targets proc is up (1 stack of SW)
    -WB is off cd.
    -Barrage is off cd.
    -vuln is up, 3 sec left.

What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Semiholy56 View Post
    Man... I go to Ursoc fight on your log, because it's very simple fight and you can see player rotation. I take a look at the very first moment of the fight - which is your opener. It is COMPLETELY wrong. I did not bother to check the rest, becayse the truth is - you did NOT read the guides.

My advice - instead of stating you read guide, actually go and read them.
    So, I'm not sure what you're seeing...I pre-pot, precast Windburst, Barrage...then hope Marking targets has proc'd. Often, it doesn't and I have to wait or just use it immediately. then aimed, marked, aimed. I'm not great at reading logs so I can't tell what you're seeing there. Anyway, I suppose you'd rather insult me instead of helping. Your choice, I respect that. Hope you have a better day

Edit: I suppose I'm not using True Shot immediately, as the guide suggests. I've been holding it for those "Dead" areas where Marking just will not proc (seems to happen to me a lot). So, I am getting that wrong from the guide. However, the "normal" rotation seems to be what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Felthorn; 2016-10-12 at 07:37 PM.