Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Trade chat already full of carry selling

Seems like all the people who said that the "content drought" was to blame for all the moose selling were wrong. Here we are just 3 weeks after Emerald Nightmare unlocked and there are dozens of people spamming trade with carry selling for both mythic and heroic. And the dungeon finder tool also has 4 groups advertising for sales.

But I guess we should all pretend like this is fine and doesn't cheapen the experience of playing WoW at all. When someone logs on and is immediately greeted by a trade chat full of people tripping over each other trying to remove people from the pool of potential raiders and group recruits their first thought is "Awesome."

Free market go!

Deleted
    Our chats were being spammed by people selling normal/heroic/mythic dungeon runs on day 1.

And that is a problem why...?

Is this a problem, though?

How on earth are they removing people from the pool of potential raiders?

Either someone wants to be a raider and having more gear (plus some first-hand experience) will only make it easier for them to get into it, or they're not raider-material and would never be doing any of that anyway.

Maybe it does cheapen your achievements, though, but who actually cares about that?

I don't see a problem here either, where is the complaint coming from?

Deleted
    Rabble Rabble Rabble!

Honestly you folks don't actually know what youre saying anymore and just want to complain about somethine.

It is a literal pay to win situation, buy tokens with real money for in game gold use gold to buy run/gear/rewards from the top tier of the game ...

But if blizzard sold any of those same rewards, or even lower quality of rewards people would have a shit fit; I guess as long as they make their gold or even real money and not blizzard it's ok; if the company does it, they are epitome of greed and have ruined the game. Double standards.

Ofc you have people saying it's ok when they are making their profit, not so much if their hands weren't dirty. It is anti community/cooperation, it doesn't look good to most players to see lfg/chat filled with sells, it doesn't improve or support teamwork or improvement. It is purely a business transaction that gives top tier gear/items to people who put in no effort or care into the game. But sure, it's fine if you are making the profit or are buying your way through ... they are 'entitled'
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

If anything, trade channel would be used for what it is supposed to be used: trading. Be it consumables, services or whatever, instead of the daily load of asinine crap not limited to anal jokes and Thunderfury spam.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    It is a literal pay to win situation, buy tokens with real money for in game gold use gold to buy run/gear/rewards from the top tier of the game ...
    Situation 1: Players are providing an in-game service; if they cannot complete the content potentially down a man, the service doesn't exist.

Situation 2: Blizzard gives the player the items without anyone playing the game at all.

If you cannot see a difference between those, there is no point in trying to discuss any of your other points further.

Look, this is so much profitable for people who wants to get carried so they can have a chance of having some gear, improve their skills, have a chance of making new friends if they are performing well. And, this is great for us who are carrying because it gives us alot of AP, chances of titanforged and legendaries. There is no problem with it. This is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be perfectly honest, I don't care. Now, if I had a stupid amount of surplus gold, I'd buy the end tier achievement and mount ​if the mount was something I wanted, but this early? Ehh, I'm not a gear hound. I don't aspire to the highest tiers of raiding, I just like to raid when I am in the mood or if my guild needs me. I can accomplish both of these things by looking for a group or just waiting on my guild. So, if people wanna blow their gold on pieces that in a few weeks they'll only replace, good on them. I personally would wait, if I ever was inclined, to do that sorta petch at end of expansion content only cuz the smart way is to make the gold go longer. I mean, its hurting them more in the long run really.

At least with endgame content they have months or more before their gear gets replaced by something else. I dunno, maybe I'm just smarter than these people lol. I also don't waste gold just for the chance at maybe one or two new pieces of gear.

PC: (Case) Phanteks - Eclipse P300, (Power Supply) Apevia - 750W ATX, (Vid) MSI - Radeon RX 580, (HD) Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB, (SSD) Transcend - MTS600
    (RAM) Corsair - 8GB x2, (Motherboard) ASRock - AB350, (CPU) AMD - Ryzen 5 1400, (OS) W10

----------------
    WoW player, GW2 Dabbler and the Girl Who Went Chasing Owls.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is a problem.... How?

It only "cheapens" the experience for those who actually buy the carry, and they probably have no interest in actually experiencing the content anyways, because if they did they wouldn't be buying a carry

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    And that is a problem why...?
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Is this a problem, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I don't see a problem here either, where is the complaint coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    And this is a problem.... How?

It only "cheapens" the experience for those who actually buy the carry, and they probably have no interest in actually experiencing the content anyways, because if they did they wouldn't be buying a carry
    Many of them sell it for real money which is against ToS. And it is annoying spam.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post

But if blizzard sold any of those same rewards, or even lower quality of rewards people would have a shit fit; I guess as long as they make their gold or even real money and not blizzard it's ok; if the company does it, they are epitome of greed and have ruined the game. Double standards.

Ofc you have people saying it's ok when they are making their profit, not so much if their hands weren't dirty. It is anti community/cooperation, it doesn't look good to most players to see lfg/chat filled with sells, it doesn't improve or support teamwork or improvement. It is purely a business transaction that gives top tier gear/items to people who put in no effort or care into the game. But sure, it's fine if you are making the profit or are buying your way through ... they are 'entitled'
    Exactly. This is the logic of people who say that this isn't a problem.

The only difference between Blizzard selling raid gear and raid achievements and players selling raid gear and raid achievements for gold is that a small portion of the players are earning the gold instead of the gold being given to a vendor.

But one of those things is apparently fine according to most people.

Deleted
    People were selling carries back in Vanilla for MC, BWL and so on. It's been here since the start. It's just more advertised now.

People have been selling Heroic EN carries since 3 hours after the raid opened. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Many of them sell it for real money which is against ToS. And it is annoying spam.
    If they are doing this in trade chat, then it is stupidity on their part which will result in a terminate ban.

If they are not, then that is a serious allegation on your part which need to some pretty hard evidence to back up.

I saw somebody link Thunderfury in Trade the other day. I didn't make a thread about it but I thought it was important to let you guys know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    People were selling carries back in Vanilla for MC, BWL and so on. It's been here since the start. It's just more advertised now.
    And then there is this. I played all through vanilla almost every waking hour and literally never saw anyone advertising carry sales in trade or lfg chat. I'm sure that it happened but it wasnt anything like it is now. Not even close.