Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    as long as mmo's are around so will carries for every game out

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    How are they going to destroy guilds? Does banning botting destroy guilds?
    Banning bots is fine, how you enforce no carries is another matter. The only way they could really do it is by a report option. Then that creates more work for them. Gold will continue to rise as the games been running for years. With out a complete and utter gold wipe you cannot get the gold down to previous levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    People having the gold for it IS the problem. If it was a rare thing then it would be whatever.
    Except it's not rare for anyone to have over 200k gold. Not having the gold is a personal problem, especially when you want to punish players for playing fair.

They can easily track those who buy gold (en masse) via low-level farmers/traders. Even the Auction House itself has a countermeasure for duped items.

You're not being honest or realistic when you conclude that carries should be rare. Plenty of players have already acquired close to a million gold for taking advantage of the Obliterum forge, alchemy mats, and WoD garrison missions. What does it matter to you how they spend it, or the number of players using those services?
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-10-17 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Except it's not rare for anyone to have over 200k gold. Not having the gold is a personal problem, especially when you want to punish players for playing fair.

They can easily track those who buy gold (en masse) via low-level farmers/traders. Even the Auction House itself has a countermeasure for duped items.

You're not being honest or realistic when you conclude that carries should be rare. Plenty of players have already acquired close to a million gold for taking advantage of the Obliterum forge, alchemy mats, and WoD garrison missions. What does it matter to you how they spend it, or the number of players using those services?
    I know people have the gold, that was my point. The fact that so many people can just purchase what is supposed to be done as system of progression over time degrades the whole process.

Btw, the 'why does it matter to you" argument is retarded in a competitive online game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know people have the gold, that was my point. The fact that so many people can just purchase what is supposed to be done as system of progression over time degrades the whole process.

Btw, the 'why does it matter to you" argument is retarded in a competitive online game.
    They played the game. Not really an issue. Rich people buy things that they don't have the ability to get for themselves all the time.

The real issue is dumbing down content to cater to people that lack the skill and gold to otherwise get the rewards.

Allowing people to experience the story is a great goal. Shitting on difficulty not so much.

Why do you think the go to criticism for LFR is the (lack of) mechanics?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account

Competitive in what sense? The only competition in the game comes from arena tournaments. There's no competition for gearing or collecting mounts.

Like I said before, it's a personal problem for not playing the Auction House or working other strats for acquiring gold. It still counts as playing the game, since 2004.

As other posters have previously said, had they not dumbed down the difficulty and bring in limited-time rewards, carries wouldn't be common.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-10-17 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    I bought a boost yesterday for ingame currency and enjoyed it.

Bite me.

I also like how all these boosters are always level 1 priests. Why hide behind a level 1 char?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsno View Post
    I also like how all these boosters are always level 1 priests. Why hide behind a level 1 char?
    Because they are shady and selling for real money. If I buy a boost, and I've done so maybe 3 times (2 HFC, 1 EN), I'll get a legit guild and no lvl 1s with crappy English.

How does people doing carry runs impact the way you play the game?