Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Let people do what they want, I don't see a problem.

People have been doing boost runs since UBRS10 in Vanilla.

At least complain about something that's actually a problem.

Lol some of the stuff people complain about is comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    If the stated goal of M+ was to get casuals and semi-casuals in to challenging AND rewarding content then it has absolutely failed.

It is impossible, for someone who is IN guild BUT outside of the core to get anywhere past +3. Unless you are a tank or a healer (Holy Priest), there is no way are going to get in to higher tiers of M+.

Those people who are chaning ''git a guild!'' have no idea how hard it is to do that and then anchor yourself as a viable member of it.

M+ has become a tool for all progress, sort-of-dedicated guilds and players to get in to raids and clear them with ease because of just how efficient and rewarding the system is.
    It is meh for casuals and absolutely game-breaking for the... progressive geeks.
    You think you can't pug past +3? Are you serious? Maybe in 830 gear lol. I do guild runs mainly but the highest I've tried to pug was a few +8s that were easily completed in time. Maybe you should get better at making groups.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a lucrative way to make gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoi View Post
    Every time I see a post that says "This has been going on since vanilla" I can't help but roll my eyes every time. How to spot someone who started playing in MoP.
    Except it has been going on since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    No one here cares what you want get it in your head. You write pages upon pages of crappy SJW lookalike arguments defending exploiting cheating and basically abusing the game as "a different kind of gameplay". Also please stop lawyering up for others you are the only person actively disagreeing I do not see anyone else quotting me so don't try make it sound like everyone is against me its just you and you are alone in your inane effort to make exploiting and illegal gameplay look decent.
    Stop burying your own game or soon enough you won't have a game to play. Problem is you are probably not able to play the game properly hence you defend all the abuse you end up doing to survive.
    Sorry I was interested in actual discussion and not trying to hurl insults at strangers to make myself feel better.

you are the only person actively disagreeing
    Read the thread

P.S. : I haven't touched raiding or mythic dungeons. I probably spend about an hour a week logged on to WoW. Nice Strawman.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2016-10-11 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I remember people selling ICC runs in WotLK.. Why should I be outraged now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Carry selling has been around since vanilla, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    People were selling carries back in Vanilla for MC, BWL and so on. It's been here since the start. It's just more advertised now.
    Back during vanilla, selling carries was considered tacky and sleazy - if you wanted a good rep for your guild, you didn't do it, or kept it on the very, very down low. Lots of progression guilds bought gold, too - but they didn't brag about it.

Now? People don't care about guild reps or personal reps, they just want automatic bragging rights from gear and achievements, so they can stand around a capital city and smugly tell other players to "Get gud". They want the awards and benefits, without the work.

It's up to you which era was better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    The better question is why are heroic and mythic clearable after 3 weeks?
    Because the content is practiced and perfected on in beta and on YouTube, so guilds with a clue and some skilled players can walk into the raid day one knowing how to beat it.

It's really not a mystery.

They don't say it in trade chat, but once you ask them they will point you to their website where you can buy all sorts of services for real money. If this was just a few idiots paying real money for a content that you can easily do yourself, the this would be nothing to whine about, but those people don't stop at carrying service. They exploit every opportunity to get money, may it be carries, excessive flower farming, AH trading, it if earns money they do it on a large scale and harm the community with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The better question is why are heroic and mythic clearable after 3 weeks?
    The new "Heroic" is the old "Normal", which always had been cleared within first week for competitive guilds since...... forever, and I am not even talking about Top 100, I am talking more top 2000. Any respectable guilds should be able to clear Heroic (the old Normal) within first week and start progression on Mythic (old Heroic) straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Back during vanilla, selling carries was considered tacky and sleazy - if you wanted a good rep for your guild, you didn't do it, or kept it on the very, very down low. Lots of progression guilds bought gold, too - but they didn't brag about it.

Now? People don't care about guild reps or personal reps, they just want automatic bragging rights from gear and achievements, so they can stand around a capital city and smugly tell other players to "Get gud". They want the awards and benefits, without the work.

It's up to you which era was better.
    Whatever you say. The top progression guild on my server at the time was selling carries in BWL and Naxx in trade and it was a medium-high pop server. You must have been playing on a backwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    For the first time in nearly 2 expansions /2 is being used almost only for trade and not random banter and shitposting.

And people want to complain about it lol.
    There's no winning with the WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

Because the content is practiced and perfected on in beta and on YouTube, so guilds with a clue and some skilled players can walk into the raid day one knowing how to beat it.

It's really not a mystery.
    I didn't ask how I asked why.

WHY is the raid done 4 weeks after it's released? Why is this the design?

I didn't ask how I asked why.

WHY is the raid done 4 weeks after it's released? Why is this the design?
    Even Blizzard doesn't know it, I think.
    The Emerald Nightmare doesn't feel like a nightmare. Xavius, who corrupted some well known characters, is a wimp. I hope that Gul'dan and his raid are more threatening and challenging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    If they are doing this in trade chat, then it is stupidity on their part which will result in a terminate ban.

If they are not, then that is a serious allegation on your part which need to some pretty hard evidence to back up.
    obviously they arent saying openly that its for RL money, instead they write something like add skype xxxxx, you cant ban someone for wanting to talk with people on skype... to me personally most annoying are gold seller spambots, they are pretty obnoxious, obvious about what they advertise and really, should be getting banned swiftly imo
    Last edited by mmocaad0a8dadd; 2016-10-12 at 09:03 AM.

Probably been mentioned but the reason trade is full of carry selling is because raiders are no longer getting endless, free resources from their garrisons anymore, things actually cost time and gold now days so selling carries early seems like a good idea for raiding guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    And this is a problem.... How?

It only "cheapens" the experience for those who actually buy the carry, and they probably have no interest in actually experiencing the content anyways, because if they did they wouldn't be buying a carry
    Agreed, and everyone seems to assume that carries are a matter of desperation, but honestly most people I've talked to looking for carries simply have no interest in raiding, they just want that mount or that achievement, etc.. It has little to do with "fooling" people into thinking they're great players because they did a raid. It's no different than if someone wanted a PVP mount but doesn't like to PVP. It's a quick and easy way to achieve a goal without doing something you don't enjoy doing.

In addition to that, I know many hardcore raiders that pay for carries for alts and what not, because why would you spend time in group finder for a group that will likely take hours to fail when you can toss a bit of gold at your buddies and get in their run?

Not everything is about "pro" and "casual", sometimes it's simply about someone who wants something new for their character, and given the choices they make ingame, coughing up some gold to get it is no big deal.

People get way too caught up in this egotistical nonsense. And people offering carries wouldn't be carrying if there wasn't a demand. They're not MAKING anyone get carried, they're simply offering a service. Relax.

You deflated much faster than I thought seems you ran out of bullshit arguments pretty fast then so for the last time:
    You never argued them as I stated in posts prior.

I don't read the thread I read the OP and the quotes. Like any other sane person would.
    Sane people often speak on behalf of content they do not read. That is exactly what you stated yes?

Your final comment collapses all your posturing up here. SO: You basically don't play the game (1 hour a week logged) you don't raid you don't do dungeons but ofcourse you have an opinion and OFCOURSE that opinion is more credible than someone's who plays and raids and does dungeons and is logged per day the equal of 5-6 MONTHS of wow for you.
    It must be since you haven't made any attempt to argue it. What's credible is actually being able to rationally argue away counter points instead of going "you're a dumby head"
    You are just another random with an opinion and a connection.
    We have that in common. The difference being that I don't throw a tantrum and start hurling insults when I can't refute any points with actual logic.

You can say literally anything you want about my character. It will never do anything to refute the points I made. If you want to make an actual counter argument, be my guest. Stomping your feet and trying to fall back on fallacies has a sole objective purpose : trying to make your self feel better.

You can't debate that fact, and you can hardly make character judgments on an objective truth. Argue the definition of a fallacy since you're clearly incapable of arguing the points I raised.

And yes, I fully expect you to not quote the points I made and argue them with logic, so please prove me right by falling back on trying to devalue me personally (see:fallacy)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.