Emerald Nightmare : Balance tips

Hey guys,

I'd like to regroup tips and talent builds for all the fights in the Emerald Nightmare, to improve my dps and hopefully help other players. I've put a few obvious things already, please share whatever tips you feel help you perform well as boomkin, and I'll update the first post regularly.

Nythendra
    - Pool AP for early P2 if you need to dodge the pools when Nythendra draws them in
    - (Irefusetodie) Mythic : Displacer into position when getting MC'd and stay in cat form. You won't have the armor bonus from Moonkin Form.

Elerethe Renferal
    - [normal mode] dot the spiders then switch back to the boss ; don't use spells with a cast time as they tend to die very fast
    - (Irefusetodie) Mythic : If you're linked and she's about to use Feeding Time, go bear form. It gives you an extra ~1 million HP to soak both sources of damage. If you've taken Guardian Affinity, you can try to ironfur/regen since you're already in bear form.

Il'gynoth
    - Talent : Shooting Stars helps a lot here
    - multi-dot everything, use starfall on packed adds before the eye

Ursoc
    - Pool AP to get a starsurge or two off when bumped by the boss and repositioning
    - (Irefusetodie) Take Wild Charge and you can use it to reposition mid-air after eating a charge. Cuts down on movement and it uses only a single GCD compared to Displacers 2.

Drakes
    - (Hoto)Refresh dots before they switch
    - (Hoto)Build AP to starfall shades as soon as they pop
    - (Hoto)Don't stand on pink runes when they appear cause they will bump you up and interrupt cast (also, if you're unlucky you could get pushed into green clouds that make you sleep)

Cenarius
    - (Hoto) Keep everything dotted at all times except oozes
    - (Hoto) Don't bother casting long spells on oozes, they die too quickly
    - (Hoto) Use small green patches when you need to purge so you can avoid moving to the tree
    - (Hoto) Save displacer beast for breath or brambles

- (Oster) For Cenarius I tend to keep dots rolling on Cenarius and whatever adds he spawns that time around, dragons, twisted sisters, etc. I priority target one dragon, or one of the sisters, depending on which has spawned and then swap to the next one once the first has died. Essentially I just run regular ST rotation with multidots

Xavius
    - (Hoto) While asleep use your Incarnation of Elune, cooldown will reset after the sleeping phase, same goes for AC if you're using it. Not sure about the potions tho.
    - (Hoto) Dot everything as usual
    - (Hoto) In P3 my guild ignore tentacles and just burst the boss, but dotting them would up the dps
    Last edited by boz0; 2016-10-12 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Update

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'd like to regroup tips and talent builds for all the fights in the Emerald Nightmare, to improve my dps and hopefully help other players. I've put a few obvious things already, please share whatever tips you feel help you perform well as boomkin, and I'll update the first post regularly.

Nythendra
    - Pool AP for early P2 if you need to dodge the pools when Nythendra draws them in

Elerethe Renferal
    - [normal mode] dot the spiders then switch back to the boss ; don't use spells with a cast time as they tend to die very fast

Il'gynoth
    - Talent : Shooting Stars helps a lot here
    - multi-dot everything, use starfall on packed adds before the eye

Ursoc
    - Pool AP to get a starsurge or two off when bumped by the boss and repositioning

Drakes

Cenarius

Xavius
    You could just do it as a general rule, cause it works everywhere:
    is there a movement phase? save up ap
    are there multiple enemies? dot them all
    are there more than 2 enemies? use starfall
    I consider this basic knowlegde for all casters, cause you want to minimize time without action taken,

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    are there multiple enemies? dot them all
    That's what I've been doing on Il'gynoth with excellent results, but the same yielded abysmal dps on Cenarius (which might just be an execution problem on my side, hence the boss-specific advice request).

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    That's what I've been doing on Il'gynoth with excellent results, but the same yielded abysmal dps on Cenarius (which might just be an execution problem on my side, hence the boss-specific advice request).
    For Cenarius I tend to keep dots rolling on Cenarius and whatever adds he spawns that time around, dragons, twisted sisters, etc. I priority target one dragon, or one of the sisters, depending on which has spawned and then swap to the next one once the first has died. Essentially I just run regular ST rotation with multidots. This usually gets me between 240k-250k DPS depending on how much moving I end up doing due to brambles, etc.

Drakes
    Refresh dots before they switch
    Build AP to starfall shades as soon as they pop
    Don't stand on pink runes when they appear cause they will bump you up and interrupt cast
    (also, if you're unlucky you could get pushed into green clouds that make you sleep)

Cenarius
    Keep everything dotted at all times except oozes
    Don't bother casting long spells on oozes, they die too quickly
    Use small green patches when you need to purge so you can avoid moving to the tree
    Save displacer beast for breath or brambles

Xavius
    While asleep use your Incarnation of Elune, cooldown will reset after the sleeping phase, same goes for AC if you're using it. Not sure about the potions tho.
    Dot everything as usual
    In P3 my guild ignore tentacles and just burst the boss, but dotting them would up the dps

Has anyone actually tried that with Xavius? Taking lethal damage and getting thrown out of the dream doesn't reset Incarnation, and getting the buff and going back doesn't reset the cooldown either. Dreaming lasts 2+ minutes, I'm wondering if you're just seeing the natural CD expire.

There's really not many Balance druid specific tips for EN. There are things that you would just naturally do as a Balance druid. Pool AP for movement, DoT stuff, etc. Here are the only real tips I've found that are fight specific.

Mythic Nythendra. Displacer into position when getting MC'd and stay in cat form. You won't have the armor bonus from Moonkin Form.

Mythic Renferal. If you're linked and she's about to use Feeding Time, go bear form. It gives you an extra ~1 million HP to soak both sources of damage. If you've taken Guardian Affinity, you can try to ironfur/regen since you're already in bear form.

Ursoc, any difficulty. Take Wild Charge and you can use it to reposition mid-air after eating a charge. Cuts down on movement and it uses only a single GCD compared to Displacers 2.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Has anyone actually tried that with Xavius? Taking lethal damage and getting thrown out of the dream doesn't reset Incarnation, and getting the buff and going back doesn't reset the cooldown either. Dreaming lasts 2+ minutes, I'm wondering if you're just seeing the natural CD expire.
    It works. Happens every time I wake up naturally, not sure about waking up from death or madness.

I pop Incarnation on pull, he puts people to sleep <20 seconds in. Sleep expires naturally after 3m. If I am put to sleep first phase incarnation will come off CD 20s before sleep ends, and then will come off CD again when sleep ends. You can do this if you're a phase 2 sleeper but the CD usually doesn't line up for 1m of Incarnation, of course.

Thanks for the tips guys, I've updated the OP.