Deleted

What is your windfury damage?

So I was in pug. There were a less geared eh 849, I was 855 ( not sure if he had the more optimal stat optimization) He managed to have the double amount of windfury damage and 70+ more procs than me.So in a fight where I did 5 m damage with windfury he did 10 m. How is this possible? And what are your average in windfury damage? I sadly don't have logs for these fight and forgot to whisper the dude.

The fights were Cenarius and Xavius normal.

Deleted
    There are a few factors that could be at play here.

Immediately, I think about Doom Winds usage. If he used Doom Winds more often than you, then he's going to pull ahead on Windfury Damage. Doom Winds increases the damage of Windfury by 200% (so tripple the damage), so imagine if you did 4 casts and he did 8, he's going to be doing a lot of damage from these windfury's. But let's assume for a second that you know how to use your cooldowns

Next up could be down to luck: Stormbringer procs during Doom Winds. During Doom Winds, Stormstrike will trigger Windfury attacks as well. So if you've been unlucky with Stormbringer procs during Doom Winds, and he's been lucky, then he's going to get about 30% more Windfuries (sp? Windfury's) off than you, and these are at tripple damage.

It could also just be down to RNG. Sometimes you are lucky and get lots of Windfury procs, and sometimes you do not. But on a fight like Cenaius, which takes a long time to get through, chance should even out for both of you.

To be honest, there isn't a big difference between 849 and 855. But it can depend a lot on secondary stats. If all of his gear is mastery/haste, and all of your gear is versatility/crit, then he's going to be way ahead of you because both mastery and haste increases windfury proc chance, and crit/vers does not. Again, I'm not saying that you are following Professor Expert's itemization (you just joined these forums, you might not get the reference), but he could be better geared than you despite the lower item level.

Eye of the Twisting Nether, and Emalon's Charged Core to a lesser extent, could also be a factor, as they both increase damage from all sources.

I'm sorry I can't get any closer than this, but without logs and without armory profiles, I can only really guess what happened. But aside from Windfury damage, how did your damage compare to his overall? If he was beating you on damage, then you need to either look at your itemization or your rotation

EDIT: My Windfury hits (on longer fights like Ursoc, Cenarius, Xavius etc) seem to be between 25k-30k on average. But this was from a log two weeks ago (since this week we didn't have our usual logger), and I expect it'll be a bit higher now. Then again, we only raid normal, and I'm in respectable ilevel 849 gear, though still doing perfectly fine compared to the people I play with.
    Last edited by mmoc1d3ba0029e; 2016-10-10 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    I also believe that doomwinds is the big factor. As far as I remember some doomwinds I have are quite lackluster and some I have those continoues procs of ss, which chains so nicely. I just cant seem on any fight whatsoever to pull of what he did. My top three damagin spells are Stormstrike, hailstorm and boulder. with windfury 5th or 4th.
    I do got a recent log but can't post it since i haven't posed enough -.-....

Sec stats shouldn't be the issue, I haven't stacked vers as the Professor would suggest

Deleted
    If you want (can), send me a PM with the logs. Though I'm not really sure if you need a higher post count for sending PMs. Failing that, you could PM me on the shaman Discord channel: https://discord.gg/0VcupJEQX0HuE5HH

It wont do much good if you don't have a log with that same shaman - but we could have a look at the logs and see if you could improve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    Next up could be down to luck: Stormbringer procs during Doom Winds. During Doom Winds, Stormstrike will trigger Windfury attacks as well. So if you've been unlucky with Stormbringer procs during Doom Winds, and he's been lucky, then he's going to get about 30% more Windfuries (sp? Windfury's) off than you, and these are at tripple damage.
    Doom Winds - Stormstrike interaction no longer exists, it was fixed a couple weeks ago.
    Look at your racial leader, now look at Magni, now back at him, sadly, he isn't Magni.

The Bronze Beard King is now diamonds!