Resto Druid - Stat Weights

I've been reading around the forums and have seen a few different ideas behind stat weights, I was wondering if we have came up with what we think is our best for mythic progression raiding and high mythic+ dungeons.

The Druid guide has the following:
    Dungeons: ( Pawn: v1: "RdruidDungeon": Intellect=1, Versatility=0.65, HasteRating=0.75, MasteryRating=0.9, Stamina=0.01, CritRating=0.7 )
    Raids: ( Pawn: v1: "RdruidRaid": Intellect=1, Versatility=0.65, HasteRating=0.725, MasteryRating=0.6, Stamina=0.01, CritRating=0.7 )

I've seen some people have haste as the highest secondary, but with a higher weight than the main guide on this forum.
    Mr Robot values mastery above the other secondary stats even in raids.

Have we decided what druids favor in most situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeheals View Post
    I've been reading around the forums and have seen a few different ideas behind stat weights, I was wondering if we have came up with what we think is our best for mythic progression raiding and high mythic+ dungeons.

The Druid guide has the following:
    Dungeons: ( Pawn: v1: "RdruidDungeon": Intellect=1, Versatility=0.65, HasteRating=0.75, MasteryRating=0.9, Stamina=0.01, CritRating=0.7 )
    Raids: ( Pawn: v1: "RdruidRaid": Intellect=1, Versatility=0.65, HasteRating=0.725, MasteryRating=0.6, Stamina=0.01, CritRating=0.7 )

I've seen some people have haste as the highest secondary, but with a higher weight than the main guide on this forum.
    Mr Robot values mastery above the other secondary stats even in raids.

Have we decided what druids favor in most situations?
    Hey Treeheals! I have been thinking a lot about this lately. It comes down to a few things.

The first being when in raid, do you look at the whole raid or are you able to focus say 5-7 people? The short answer is, if you are spreading your heals on the whole raid mastery gives you no benefit since it requires multiple hots per person to compound.

The Reason Haste and Crit are so useful for Raid is that you get the most bang for your buck per heal if you have to spread yourself pretty thin....

Dungeons have Mastery so high because it is much easier to stack hots on 5 total people instead of 10+

I hope that makes sense.

I am also a fan of the Prosp SoF synergy build as it will go well with our 2 and 4 set piece bonuses that release during the nighthold Raid.

I'd say the above listed weights are pretty spot on. Where's the confusion?
    AMR lists mastery first for raids because they default the play style to a heavy mastery style focused on few targets(there was a post on this recently) - AMR should have different set of stat weights listed for more usual raid healing as well (haste/crit).

Raiding: Haste and crit are generally the 2 preferred stats and are pretty close in value with vers and mastery not that far behind

Dungeons: Mastery jumps ahead in terms of healing, while the other 3 stats stay about the same (though these three affect damage as well - which may or may not matter for your mythic+ style of gameplay)

TL/DR Use the guide stat weights.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-10-10 at 05:25 PM.

I guess the big question I had, is do we think haste according to the guide is weighted too low?

Short answer: no.

Longer: Shouldn't really matter, long as its rated higher than the other stats, it'll yield the correct result baring some fringe cases. If its that concerning, just ad hoc it to 7.5.

Stat weights change with your gear anyhow, so just use them as a general guide, if you want super specific numbers, you'll have to run your own calcs/sims using your own gear.

Is there a way to track the average uptime of stacks on raidmembers?

1 Stacks: x% uptime on x% of raidmembers => x% total uptime
    2 Stacks: x% uptime on x% of raidmembers => x% total uptime
    And so on.

I have the feeling, that the value of mastery varies heavily depending on your playstyle and raidcomposition, e.g. uptime of WG and LB, prehotting. Thus a general statement Haste > Crit > Mastery feels odd.

Being able to say:
    Haste > Crit > Mastery IF total uptime of 2 stacks is < e.g. 30%
    Mastery > Haste > Crit IF total uptime of 2 stacks is > e.g. 30%

Would be way more helpful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokkai View Post
    Is there a way to track the average uptime of stacks on raidmembers?

1 Stacks: x% uptime on x% of raidmembers => x% total uptime
    2 Stacks: x% uptime on x% of raidmembers => x% total uptime
    And so on.

I have the feeling, that the value of mastery varies heavily depending on your playstyle and raidcomposition, e.g. uptime of WG and LB, prehotting. Thus a general statement Haste > Crit > Mastery feels odd.

Being able to say:
    Haste > Crit > Mastery IF total uptime of 2 stacks is < e.g. 30%
    Mastery > Haste > Crit IF total uptime of 2 stacks is > e.g. 30%

Would be way more helpful
    Not really. That is heavily influenced by the fight. In raids most of the time the benefit of your mastery will affect
    1. Tanks
    2. People taking heavy DoT damage

In all other cases you'll end up with a rejuv on them and a WG which is why the value of mastery drops a lot with raids. There's also the issue of other healers so even if you have all your HoTs on a target the other healers will eventually throw a heal in there so your mastery stack/mana will effectively go to waste as it'll just go into overhealing. As far as tranq goes crit has a larger impact on it than mastery as you won't have HoTs on everyone in the raid when you tranq.

There's also the fact that SotF is in most cases the way to go and it puts a lot more emphasis on effective usage of WG. In a raid you can't really predict who will get WG and you don't want to stack a lot of HoTs even if you could since a lot of that would be overhealing.

The reason why mastery is so good in dungeons is because you can keep more or less everything on everyone and you don't have to worry about the mana cost associated with doing so. When a fight starts lasting more getting the benefit of your mastery becomes a lot more difficult to get simply because you need to be using mana to get it. With crit that's not a concern as it'll passively increase your healing without costing you extra mana. Mastery becomes more valueable if
    1. Fights are very short
    2. You are solo healing
    3. The raid is very small i.e. 10 man

but in most situations those things won't happen.

If you feel that you lack mastery because you can't top off people effectively in raids or can't keep the tanks up(if you're missing a holy priest/holy pala for example) then you can go with the dungeon build http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...or#UYa!1122222 which will let you get mastery stacks for free using cultivation and spring blossoms if you're stacked up. Personally that works really well for me on Cenarius where people are taking constant damage and cultivation kicks in when they get hit by pretty much anything. Cenarion ward + legendary wrists works wonders on the tanks as well. I do lose a lot of AoE healing since i don't have SotF but the fight becomes easier to heal because mastery kicks in somewhat constantly.

I get why people would like to go mastery for dungeons and haste for raids but I'd say at least for me the optimal is balanced stats.

Instead of having crit/haste only why not having crit/haste/mastery balanced as much.

If you check top tier druids that have cleared 7/7 mythic, you'll see examples like:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Xirips/simple

He goes full on haste but drops crit a lot of crit for mastery trying to balance everything around

or :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mandrai/simple

balances out crit/haste/mastery

or:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2%D0%B8/simple

drops some haste for mastery

In general it seems like balance is the best thing, just got for a good balance around your stats with a focus on having haste cap or around it.

Deleted
    People in top progression guilds wear the best stuff they can scrape together in a short time - doesn't mean that the gear they end up with is necessarily optimal. Besides, mastery is our worst stat in a raid setting so they'd balance with versa instead. Also, at least one person you're linking is a balance druid.

Basically though, ilvl is king for resto and mastery is not that much worse than our other secondaries. Unless you go from versa/mastery to crit/haste, though, 5ilvl downgrades aren't generally even worth it outside of rings.